Best Buy Cary Reviews

Updated Mar 24, 2021

3.5
Best Buy CEO Corie Barry (no image)
Corie Barry

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Best Buy and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great Job with Great Leadership

Aug 28, 2020 - Geek Squad, Consultation Agent in Cary, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

-> competitive pay -> great work environment ->good management and leadership -> good team work environment

Cons

-> not enough shifts sometimes during certain periods of the year

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Super boring and controlling management. I literally saw an employee steal and they didn’t do anything about it.

Mar 24, 2021 - Sales Associate in Cary, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Discount, decent pay, good location

Cons

Boring, slow, bad environment, controlling

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

pay was good, but was not getting enough hours.

Jan 21, 2021 - Customer Service Associate in Cary, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

great coworkers, the manager was good, the pay was a lot better than my last job

Cons

not enough hours training provided was not enough

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Solid Pay

Oct 14, 2020 - Inventory Specialist in Cary, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

$15/Hour Not a lot of metrics to pressure you Leeway Great Supervisors that work with you

Cons

Lots of working on your feet Sometimes lack of communication

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work Part-Time while in school!

Jan 31, 2018 - Computer Sales Associate in Cary, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun environment and really helpful people. I've worked here for 4 years while going to school trying to get my degree. Sales at Best Buy is a lot more laid back than any other sales positions because we do not get commission. There is a chance for a bonus every month however. This bonus is between 0.25x and 1.5x your pay depending on if the store as a whole reaches it's revenue target for the month.

Cons

Management will consistently pressure you to get people to sign up for Best Buy credit cards. Just make sure you offer it to every single person. The worst they can say is no.

6. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not a

Oct 31, 2017 - Sales Consultant in Cary, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

--Fantastic opportunity to learn about a wide range of electronic products and technology --Fun team-based environment, friendly co-workers --Great opportunities to learn about other job roles by filling in when the store is understaffed

Cons

--Works full time hours as a part time employee, without full time benefits --Underpaid in spite of being a "solid performer" --Sometimes pressured by management to hit unrealistic sales goals, which leads to some employees pressuring customers into purchases and misrepresenting products in order to get sales --Toxic culture around getting customers to sign up for the credit card --The job is not commission based, however we are pressured to sell as if we were under commission, even though we get very little monetary reward for doing so (compared to a commission-based job) --Store bonuses are very small, usually like $40 bucks more in my paycheck

7. 4.0

Good Resume Experience

Sep 14, 2012 - Customer Service Representative in Cary, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly employees and management and they really attempt to put you in the right place in the store. I know that other Best Buys are different.

Cons

Customers could be a pain, but you deal with that at all retail positions. Also, having to sell credit cards as though my life depended on it was what made me quit.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good Place to work

Apr 24, 2010 -  in Cary, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun and friendly atmosphere, alot of good people to work with

Cons

tough to move up, lack of raises

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Not a bad place for a college student

Dec 11, 2013 - Sales Consultant in Cary, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employee discount, decent pay for a retail job, flexible schedule

Cons

Holiday hours, limited part time benefits

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Decent sales training, good team ethics but flaky policy/corporate politics hurt on the store level

Mar 23, 2015 - Computers Sales Lead in Cary, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had fun working for Best Buy, I liked my team and we got along well. I liked my supervisor who was consistently pushing and encouraging more team based performance rather than building up high sellers or just department leads. I learned a lot about selling which translated to a very successful sales career for me after I left from Best Buy.

Cons

I was with the company for a year and a half, I was "warned" about clocking out earlier than my scheduled time off but when they schedule you for 10-11 hour shifts then change the day of its hard to keep track of when you're supposed to be in ad out. This was not a big deal for me as I simply started re checking the schedule every day rather than assuming the digital one was accurate. After the 13' holiday season, lots of company policies changed and the "warning" I had originally gotten was now a terminable offense and I was let go instantly, no apologies or a week notice even. Just "Hey we got the call this morning, your gone sign here" It was extremely impersonal and cold. I was on my way to supervisor at the time, left BBY and became very successful using the same sales process they taught in the auto industry.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Reviews