Best Buy Reviews in Cleveland, OH | Glassdoor

Best Buy Cleveland Reviews

Found 28 reviews

4.2
Pros
  • "The employee discount is great and I love the accommodations(in 1863 reviews)

• "Fun to work for and all around enjoyable(in 314 reviews)

Cons
  • "Hours are long and tough to manage work life balance(in 502 reviews)

• "New full-time employees PTO hours are extremely small(in 563 reviews)

1. "Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Great place to work, great people.

Cons

Retail is not for everyone.

2. "Remote Service"

Current Employee - Remote Service Dispatcher in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Tuition reimbursement, discounts, work from home.

Cons

No room for advancement. 5 years of top performance doesn't mean anything when the rare opportunity for a promotion arises. Most of the work performed is outsourced now which is low quality.

Advice to Management

I used to be proud to say the work we were performing was done by agents in the US and it was a huge selling point for our services and plans. The agents see the poor quality of work being done as well as our clients and this needs to change.

3. "The most unprofessional place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

The discount, thats basically it. There's a few nice people but not really, it's kept pretty clean overall but still terrible.

Cons

Unprofessional, misogynistic, disorganized, just over all terrible, took 3 weeks to get me started, lost my phone number, told me not to worry about the drug test because they never sent me the information to take it, never had me fill out an I-9, didn't get me a password to check my schedule but my manager texted me to ask if I knew I worked a certain day. Just a complete crap show.

Advice to Management

Fire everyone and start over

4. "Fun and challenging."

Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Working with people. Great employees. Employee discount. Challenging and fast paced. Management was fun and fair. They're good about promoting from within.

Cons

The hourly wages just aren't there. Great for younger adults and teens. Too many absurd acronyms and generic sales techniques. Just let the sales staff do their thing.

Advice to Management

Pay your supervisors and managers more competitively. I witnessed countless leaders of the store quit for entry level positions that paid better.

5. "Good not great"

Current Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Best Buy part-time

Pros

Great work environment Good learning opportunity Fun staff, good pay for what youre doing There's a lot of cool technology to play with

Cons

Retail can be a demanding job Customers can make life very difficult Managment can be overpayed while underperforming

Advice to Management

Take more pride in your employees, show them appreciation, take more responsibility for short-comings and they wont happen as often

"Not What I expected"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

-Great Salary bonus incentives for managers -days off during the week

Cons

-Company would focus on their marketable training idea of the month-which really just took away from providing actual customer service or listening to the customer. -Not enough time to train all new hires (because with budgets, you only have so many people working at a time) -always on call, phone rang constantly. I would leave the country for vacations just to get a break -I don't even go back as a customer

Advice to Management

Really focus on the customer's needs, not checking off a box on your sales tracker, and the sales/profits will come. Employee may provide a great customer experience-but if they don't check off those boxes on the current sales tracker, it isn't recognized.

7. "Best Buy gets it! Very focused on employee development and customer service. Truly a fantastic company!"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Great benefits, awesome opportunities for advancement, the employee discount, networking within the community, recognition sets the bar high, monthly events within the community to give back to surrounding area, fun environment, culture is employee driven.

Cons

The work life balance is the real struggle. Working retail hours can be difficult if you have a family. The only con I have about Best Buy is that they now open on Holidays such as Thanksgiving. I truly believe that time should be spent with family, this is the only reason that I left Best Buy and I still miss working there and the culture.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the culture. So many great things are happening there. Keep it up!

"Geek squad home theater"

Current Employee - Double Agent in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Always meeting new people. Get to play with the latest electronics. Very challenging keeping you on your toes.

Cons

It's a big box store, sometimes you get lost in the system.

Advice to Management

Stop worrying about Wall Street, on paper the company looks great but it's falling apart at the employee level. You need to pay your line level employees more than Walmart to keep the talent coming in to work for you. Eventually the customers are going to notice that they know just as much as the employees because they looked at a review of the product before they came in.

9. "Nice company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Nice discount and very flexible with scheduling

Cons

Not much room for growth with the company, or at least not at my store. Have worked with the company for 8 years and have applied for multiple openings in leadership in the store, but it seems they have an agenda with who they'd like to have those positions.

Advice to Management

More room for growth with the company. Managers in stores are too biased and will play favorites with who they'd like in certain positions.

10. "Speciality Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Specialty Sales Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Best Buy for more than 2 years

Pros

Great pay, great discount, co-workers are awesome.

Cons

work/life balance, pressure to perform, turn-over

Advice to Management

Stop focusing on things that aren't as important.

Found 28 reviews