Best Buy Reviews in Colma, CA | Glassdoor

Colma, CA

2.0

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance but its retail" (in 483 reviews)

• "Is hard to get hired on full time" (in 556 reviews)

1. "What you basically would expect as a cashier at a big retail store"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Colma, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Colma, CA

I worked at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Young, interesting, and varied set of colleagues that provided for an entertaining backdrop to an otherwise mediocre to average retail job. Supervisors were unexpectedly friendly, easygoing, and encouraging.

Cons

In general, this same set of young colleagues are understandably unfocused, uncommitted, and detached when it comes to company and store goals and outlook. These folks are, for the most part, in customer service purgatory as they finish college and/or find and move on to something better. This attitude resonates throughout the store and negatively affects workplace morale. Of course, all this can probably be said for most, if not all, big box retail jobs.

Moreover, there is also unyielding pressure to have customers sign up for store-branded credit cards or purchase "Black Tie" warranties with little to no incentive for the employee, making coming into work everyday a dreadful experience.

2. "Might Have Been My Location"

Former Employee - Inventory/Merchandising Supervisor in Colma, CA
    Former Employee - Inventory/Merchandising Supervisor in Colma, CA

I worked at Best Buy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, nice hours (unless it's near a holiday, then expect to be there at 3am), the employee discount is insane, so buy multiples of whatever you want to have on hand for when you quit. You'll never want to pay full price for anything there again.

Cons

My managers were awful to me. Very racist and selective on who they were friendly with. Favoritism was rampant and a very big problem at my location.

Showing 2 of 17,205 reviews