Best Buy Computes and Tablets Sales Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Best Buy Computes and Tablets Sales Associate Reviews

Computes and Tablets Sales Associate

3.8

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Employee Discount / Accommodations (in 1585 reviews)

• You learn a lot about interacting with others (in 181 reviews)

Cons
  • Somewhat of a hard work life balance (in 428 reviews)

• Limited hours when not working full time (in 487 reviews)

1. "Computer & Tablet Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Computer and Tablet Sales Associate in Harrisonburg, VA
    Former Employee - Computer and Tablet Sales Associate in Harrisonburg, VA

I worked at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great hands-on sales training
    - Fun environment selling cool technology
    - Great employee discounts and vendor discount programs

Cons

- Always pressure from management to engage more customers and make more sales...same as in any typical sales job.

Advice to Management

The manager I had back in Harrisonburg was great and challenged me and helped me grow a lot starting out in sales! For that, I am very grateful. Some managers are jerks, some are cool, it's just luck of the draw. Be more flexible and prepared when it comes to scheduling or have someone dedicated to this position. Overall, the store I worked at had a pretty good handle on things, but the GM needs to be more flexible. One of my friends/co-workers' grandfather died and the funeral was scheduled for that Friday during the same week. He couldn't get anyone to cover and the GM still told him that if he can't find someone to cover his shift that he would still get penalized for it.

2. "Overall not bad. Had it's ups and downs"

Former Employee - Computer and Tablet Sales Associate in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Computer and Tablet Sales Associate in Columbia, SC

I worked at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved the people I worked with. Job was not to bad at all. If you love technology then this will be a great job.

Cons

Management was alright. They expected to much out of you at times. Like when your extremely busy they never come out and help when needed.

Advice to Management

Relax and just help your employees

3. "Great High School/College Job"

Former Employee - Computer/Tablet Sales Associate in New Brunswick, NJ
    Former Employee - Computer/Tablet Sales Associate in New Brunswick, NJ

I worked at Best Buy (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to work with the latest and greatest technology. Their selling process works if you stick to the book

Cons

Holiday times can get a bit intense. Even though you don't work on commission, you are pressured to attach items to every sale

Advice to Management

Keep on listening to the employees and learning from their success and failures

4. "Love Working with Technology this is the place for you"

Current Employee - Computing and Tablet Sales Associate in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Computing and Tablet Sales Associate in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Best Buy (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work/sales experience,Learn about new and shifting technology everyday. Lot's of career momentum for those willing to work hard enough for it

Cons

It's Retail, There are no cons about best buy itself just the demands of the public are sometimes a bit hard during the holiday time

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Apple Master"

Current Employee - Computer and Tablet Sales Associate in Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Computer and Tablet Sales Associate in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Best Buy (More than a year)

Pros

Getting to work in a positive environment and sell the best products the store has

Cons

The managers are biased and they hardly recognize the hardest workers in the store.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the quite, yet hard-working employees

"Tablet Sales Rep."

Former Employee - Computer/Tablet Sales Associate in Peoria Heights, IL
    Former Employee - Computer/Tablet Sales Associate in Peoria Heights, IL

I worked at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

fun laid back fast paced work environment, great incentive program that they don't really tell you about I got a beats pill in the mail and had to ask to find out about it basically every few months you get stuff like that shipped to you for training completions. Employee discount on GSP was awesome basically free and only good towards certain items through the store. Plus you get to use all of the new technology that comes out on a daily basis.

Cons

Black Friday is a pain they seem to have better hours for that now but they do serve employees dinner. If your doing something wrong they won't tell you. I kept getting sent home because of a very small stupid thing that I was apparently doing but no one ever told me otherwise. Also hours are not too great but if you need to take time off you might as well be asking to be fired as I ran into complications with that as well during blackout dates I informed them of this before I was hired so I'm still not sure how it happened. Also didn't seem to have any issue closing for weather, there was an EF 5 class tornado that ripped apart Washington, IL the neighboring town not far away along with a bad rain storm, while the building was large no one even seemed to show the slightest concern about the storm at all I found that odd.

Advice to Management

Inform your employees if they are doing something wrong or something you don't like and offer suggestions on how to solve the solution.

7. "Best Retail Experience"

Former Employee - Computer and Tablets Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Computer and Tablets Sales Associate

I worked at Best Buy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Community, Great management, Fun environment, Perks, Rewards for doing a great job, recognition for your work, had no problem taking off for vacations, management was understanding for sick days (as long as your didn't take advantage of it)

Cons

Retail, customers, black Friday was absolute hell, sometimes it was hard to learn new products well enough to sell them, extreme push for geek squad protection and tech support and sometimes you were "talked to" about not having enough, punishments for not using the work sheet (I actually got written up for making a sale without one)

Advice to Management

More time for elearnings and being more supportive to helping the employees learn. No one wants to try to sell something that they know nothing about

8. "Good people, Terrible company"

Current Employee - Computer and Tablet Sales Associate in Yonkers, NY
    Current Employee - Computer and Tablet Sales Associate in Yonkers, NY

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great discount, Decent benefits, Easy job

Cons

Your reduced down to numbers, No one is trained, Management from store managers to district are corrupt,. They'll fire you the second your usefulness begins to wane

Advice to Management

Revice your hiring practices, stop the favoritism

9. "Good experience for a part time job"

Current Employee - Tablet and Computers Sales Associate in Johnson City, TN
    Current Employee - Tablet and Computers Sales Associate in Johnson City, TN

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, excellent team oriented company, opportunities to progress within retail

Cons

retail job (no real opportunity to advance to corporate)

10. "Fun place to work mostly, constant politics and changes in management expectations."

Current Employee - Computer and Tablet Sales Associate in Portage, MI
    Current Employee - Computer and Tablet Sales Associate in Portage, MI

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced and fun. Great discount and good teamwork among your front line sales team mates. Great for networking with professionals and provided with great training. Also looks good on a resume

Cons

more of a push for numbers and getting away from the customer experience that drives business that in turn creates good numbers. Sometimes feel like you have to push a customer through the process after offering them a Best Buy credit card and a bunch of services. If a customer can benefit from a service we provide, offer it to them, but after you get to know them and their specific needs.

Advice to Management

Let your sales team go a little more in depth with customers to create return business, and don't hassle them when they get "married" to a customer when all we're trying to do is provide a world class experience, like our job description states.