Best Buy Reviews in Conroe, TX | Glassdoor

Best Buy Conroe Reviews

Updated Feb 7, 2017

4.0
Best Buy CEO Corie Barry (no image)
Corie Barry
  1. "Good experience"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Conroe, TX

I worked at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

Pros

Sales Training was provided. I was able to learn very valuable information. Although this was a training session that isn't always offered.

Cons

Pay is low considering the amount of impact you can have on a store.

Advice to Management

Offer more incentives to good employees to increase revenue.

Best Buy2017-02-07
  2. "Former Employee"

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent in Conroe, TX

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

Good for working around school, flexibility, co-workers mad the job more fun and enjoyable, most worked well as a team.

Cons

With all retail the hours can be down for spring time and make it hard to pay bills, sometimes once in a position and if you do it well management doesn't want to move you up, play games, pay is a little low for amount of work that you do, when its busy, jumping through hoops for clients.

Best Buy2016-10-27
  3. "Solid Job"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Conroe, TX

I worked at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

Pros

It was a great job if you're interested in technology. The pay was solid for my situation at the time (a high school senior), and the employee discount is unique and very good.

Cons

There are online e-learnings that you have to do a ton of when you first start and continuously keep up with. There are things like customer recommendation sheets that they hassle you to use and fill out, but don't always help make sales any easier and can just be a pain or a distraction from or for the customer.

Advice to Management

Keep doing right what you're doing right, which is most things. At the Conroe, TX location, I had a great manager.

Best Buy2016-01-05
  4. "Gained sales and customer service experience, however, no commission and low hourly rate."

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Conroe, TX

I worked at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great employee discount on products. Gained knowledge about all the products. Great job if you get it for the discount and have another job for the bills.

Cons

Low pay for the job and minimal room for growth.

Advice to Management

Not much to say to management.

Best Buy2015-03-05
  5. "Great in the beginning!"

Former Employee - Home Theater Specialist in Conroe, TX

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fairly flexible work schedule for students. There are a few good people with good attitudes and supervisors will often work with you with scheduling. Definitely a good place to keep up with technology.

Cons

Constant weekend trainings that are mandatory get really old really fast. A lot of opening shifts right after closing. Never a set schedule, its always changing. Tons of 4 hour shifts that are hardly worth driving from home if you live further away. Not to mention if you have a set availability they don't care. A whole lot of favoritism! Employee discount is almost non-existent now and so are the store bonuses. If... you don't share the managements opinions then you better keep them to yourself!!

Advice to Management

Stop the favoritism shift the focus back to the employee and this company might succeed.

Best Buy2012-07-31
  6. "Fun work environment"

Seasonal Sales Associate (Media) in Conroe, TX

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

Your coworkers are usually really awesome and help you whenever they can. The discount when I was there was pretty awesome (cost+%10) and I used it to gain a surplus of HDMI cables for all my electronics here at home. Management did a good job of acknowledging a job well done and even offered me the chance to stay on past seasonal due to my hard work. The hours weren't too bad and I was in school so whenever I had a... test to study for they wouldn't make me stay too late.

Cons

It's retail so working with the public can be a hassle sometimes. Pay could have been better but it was alright for the time being.

Advice to Management

Remember to encourage the employees as often as possible because the customers can be harsh. Also the dress code of ALL black or brown shoes is weak. Allow people to wear shoes that have some character and not just ugly crap.

Best Buy2011-10-15
  7. "Best Buy Sales Associate"

Sales Associate in Conroe, TX

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

Great benefits, fun team to work with.

Cons

Plan on working all holidays with vacation blackout periods.

Advice to Management

Offer some limited time off benefits for long-term employees during holiday season.

Best Buy2010-06-21