Best Buy Reviews in Dearborn, MI | Glassdoor

Best Buy Dearborn Reviews

Found 6 reviews

3.8
Pros
  • "The employee discount is great and I love the accommodations(in 1863 reviews)

• "Fun to work for and all around enjoyable(in 314 reviews)

Cons
  • "Hours are long and tough to manage work life balance(in 502 reviews)

• "New full-time employees PTO hours are extremely small(in 563 reviews)

1. My Life At Best Buy.

Former Employee - Sales Support Associate in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Your skill level in customer communication advances. The co workers & the gratuitous employee discount. Also the knowledge you gain about advanced technology.The

Cons

Constant traffic of customers The lack of job training when it comes to processing bill of laden's (BOL), down stock reports customer returns. Minimal room to advance within the company.

Advice to Management

More advance training

2. Project Team Supervisor

Former Employee - Project Team Supervisor in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Great benefits, Great work environment, Upward mobility. Great for young people, good first job in sales. Company seems to care about its workers

Cons

Changes very often. The higher you go the more likely these changes affect you and your job. SOP is not followed by every manager so it varies

3. Great People, Management flawed

Former Employee - Sales Associate (Apple Expert) in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing coworkers, everyone was incredibly approachable and outgoing. Helping customers learn about new products and services was always a great experience, I met a lot of great people there.

Cons

The management is too into the numbers. Any good retail location knows to take care of it's employees first. Have to make the people doing the ground work happy first and foremost.

Advice to Management

Stop treating employees like number generators! Be more hands on with the people you hire, don't just come around the store showing a clipboard saying "Ok we need to sell this much by 2 pm, do it!"

Great place to learn new things.

Former Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Friendly co-workers and good environment to build confidence. Gives a nice KnowledgeBase in the area you're assigned to. Meet some interesting people.

Cons

Management, clientele very sour. Very little opportunities to move up. Rewarding benefits feel very mediocre. Learning can be rewarding, but all of that is just a shot in the dark. Finally, management kept giving me half truths.

Advice to Management

Try not to make things feel commission-based.

5. Best Buy Sales Representative

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Management is very cool and laid back when you are a high performer.

Cons

Can get stressful if you do not perform well enough.

6. Best Buy is a great place if you going to college, but once you have your degree get the hell out!

Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Great employees, most of the people I met while working there became some of my good friends. Some of them I hope to know for the rest of my life. Pay is good compared to other retailers.

Cons

Management is very self absorbed and arrogant. They love to promote young within this company at the store level. Most of the management are too young and were rushed to the top and developed a very large ego along the way. In order to get where they are you will have to kiss major ass, if thats your thing than by all means work at Best Buy. ( and i know that there are politics at every company, but much more so here....

Advice to Management

Respect your employees, they are the only reason this company exists! The people that on a daily basis are getting chewed out by customers for petty reasons are the ones helping you get your big bonuses every month.

Found 6 reviews