Best Buy Reviews in Fayetteville, AR | Glassdoor

Best Buy Fayetteville Reviews

Found 17 reviews

4.2
Pros
  • "The employee discount is great and I love the accommodations(in 1863 reviews)

• "Fun to work for and all around enjoyable(in 314 reviews)

Cons
  • "Hours are long and tough to manage work life balance(in 502 reviews)

• "New full-time employees PTO hours are extremely small(in 563 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Springdale, AR

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Pay is great, the environment is productive. Training is amazing.

Cons

If you want to do well you will have to actually work. If you do then it will be a fun experience and place to work. If you slack off then you will be bored and want to leave.

2. "Loved my job, but closed 3 stores"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager MOBILE in Fayetteville, AR

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Loved the atmosphere, training, culture, and PAY! Great severance packages if they reorganize or close your store.

Cons

Worked in 5 Mobile stores throughout my career. Worked my way up into Dual Store Manager. They closed 2 stores while I was a GM on me. Severance Package was incredible. Moved back home and the only available position was Assistant Mobile Manger. Closed that store on me too. Over not wanting to fight to renew the lease. Very frustrating. Severance isn't as good as an hourly employee.

Advice to Management

Be profitable. If you take over a new store givr yourself 6 months to make it so if it isn't. Even still your position/store may be eliminated.

3. "Disappointment"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Flexibility in hours, works around college (mostly)

Cons

Not enough recognition, management plays favorites, zero growth for what you want to actually do with a career, very high turnover, low morale across the spectrum

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and what they want and need out of a job

4. "Good Opportunities and Training"

Former Employee - Best Buy Mobile Manager in Rogers, AR

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Best Buy is a very fast paced environment and offers a lot of opportunities for advancement if you want it. Training Material is there for you - and alot of great mentorship provided via Market / Territory Staff Earning potential is high and bonuses are team based- so its all or none

Cons

Retail Hours- doesn't quite tend to fit in with family lifestyle Training material is there but you have to seek mentor ships and not expect to be given anything if you truly want to grow in the company

Advice to Management

There are alot of good leaders that I came across and learned alot from. However just as with any business- My advice to them would be when you promote- do it based of Performance and Behaviors not because of politics as that tends to drive away good talent and in the long run the Company is the one that loses the customers. However I was blessed to be part of a good team. I did see it happen alot.

""Full-time" is not really full time."

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

-Good benefits -Decent hourly pay -Great discounts for anything Best Buy sells -Flexible schedule -Bonus as a store instead of individual commission

Cons

-Retail hours are fickle -Full time is about 32 hours per week, overtime will never happen -Bonuses are much harder to hit than they'll make you think and don't happen very often -Non-commission environment where they expect you to still sell like you work on commission -District management and higher are bean counters and even if you have 0 people walk into your store that day, they will punish you with extra paperwork...

Advice to Management

Store managers are not really the issue, it's the management above them. Learn more about your stores instead of relying on a piece of paper with numbers on it. Reward employees for being intuitive about old, redundant processes that need to be re-imagined.

6. "Sales consultant with intensive knowledge of AT&T, DirecTV, UVerse and Digital Life plans and services."

Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile AT&T Expert in Rogers, AR

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Discount, employee engagement, room to grow in the company, good amount of freedom to look into other positions in the company, and grow in the position you're in.

Cons

Challenging, asks for just as much as it gives, some managers with limited knowledge can be overbearing when they do not understand what the employee has to do in their current role.

Advice to Management

Listen to employee feedback, know your employees and their jobs before offering criticism

7. "Pretty good"

Former Employee - Meme in Springdale, AR

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

There were a lot of great people and great managers a good environment for people who love technology and stuff.

Cons

Gets boring and tedious and repetitive sometimes. it's cool tho because the pay is good and worth it. would recommend

• "A good entry level job."

Current Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great teamwork Reasonable pay Variably good discount Fantastic training

Cons

Average management Average benefits (retirement, time-off, etc...) Lack of communication VERY stressful when behind in your numbers/credit apps/etc...

Advice to Management

Communication goes a long way.

"Great company"

Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great discount plan (yes not as good as it used to be.) Very rewarding work. We get paid to play with and sell the latest devices to customers. Some people in retail shouldn't be in retail. Its a job for people who love people.

Cons

Yeah the pay isn't that great for what they ask us to do compared to other similar jobs. Upward movement throughout the company is usually more dependent on restructures and firings then your own personal skills and qualifications.

Advice to Management

More emphasis on quality e-learnings and promotion understandings.KNOWLEDGE IS POWER! Induction is great BUT we also need a comprehensive training plan for regular store POS (returns, My Best Buy) operations and merchandising standards (no unfortunately Merch TEAM doesn't do plano 100% or at all in some cases.)

• "If you don't stand in your 2 carpet squares, you get yelled at."

Former Employee - Asset Protection Specialist in Fayetteville, AR

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

You get an awesome discount on technology (excluding TVs and computers...)

Cons

As an APS, you have to do too many things at once. Greet people, watch for theft&stamp returns

Advice to Management

There needs to be either 2 APS at any given time. 1 greeting/directing customers to the right department and 1 watching cameras

Found 17 reviews