Best Buy Reviews in Fort Myers, FL | Glassdoor

Fort Myers, FL

3.9

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance but its retail" (in 478 reviews)

• "Is hard to get hired on full time" (in 547 reviews)

1. "Great place if you love tech and sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, Competitive, Opportunity for advancement, great culture, easy relocation

Cons

Forced credit card sales, lack of ability to be transparent about bad management

Advice to Management

Allow employees to be able to clearly speak about management that is under serving line level employees.

2. "Manager"

Current Employee - DI Leader in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - DI Leader in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great fast paced work environment, the GM is great

Cons

Working weekends is a must when you work there

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Good company. Not so good cyber infrastructure"

Current Employee - Geek Squad Manager in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Geek Squad Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great short term incentives. Can be a fun place to work. Ability to try out different roles within the company. Great employee discounts and accommodations.

Cons

The computes we use are extremely slow and often have issues completing even the most simple task. I know this sounds silly coming from a company that sells the latest and greatest technology but just ask any other employee and they will tell you the same thing. Third party installers and delivery teams probably cost the company a great amount of money in the long run. They either don’t show up, cause damage to client’s property or just plain steal from the company. Not to mention the headaches they cause the store associates because these third party teams have virtually no accountability.

Advice to Management

Beef up your infrastructure. Especially if the company continues to grow our online footprint.

4. "My time in the Big Box !"

Former Employee - Magnolia Home Theater Sales Associate in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Magnolia Home Theater Sales Associate in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Steady work and usually very busy during "Season" time. Lots of work hours during the holidays. Flexible work scheduling and hours.

Cons

One of the biggest things was that when you're hired on, it's usually (9 out of 10 times) done as a part-time employee that will eventually work full time employee hours, but without any of the full-time employee benefits. Each store only has a limited number of full-time slots and it make years for one of those to open up and then you hope to be selected.

Advice to Management

Remember the people in your department and around the store that work hard to make sure you hit your bonus.

5. "Advanced Repair Agent"

Current Employee - Advanced Repair Agent in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Advanced Repair Agent in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good starting experience for into to IT

Cons

Dont expect to get your hands into real repairs, this is just virus removals and policy pushing

6. "Great for college students, but..."

Former Employee - Sales Team Leader in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Best Buy (More than a year)

Pros

In-Depth training on all products in your department, Great Discount (Especially BBY Brands), Great Team Environment, Great Employee Benefits!

Cons

Growth can be limited from location, Full-Time positions mostly require time with the company and there is always stress is making customers apply for Credit Cards!

Advice to Management

Create a more engaging environment for employees and customers.

7. "Good company for who's starting"

Current Employee - Sales Expert in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Expert in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great core values guide the principles of this company. You can learn a lot from the companies' guides and training processes!

Cons

Not the best of the salaries out there.

Advice to Management

Work on building career plans for everyone and FOLLOW THROUGH!

8. "It used to be better"

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The bonuses are nice but they get harder and harder to earn. A lot of good people work for them and I learned a lot while I was there.

Cons

The company has been tightening their purse strings more and more every year. The insurance and other benefits are super expensive. They used to hand out these points that could be exchanged for goods and money that were great for rewarding good behavior and motivating sales, but they suddenly were taken away. The bonus structure used to be based off of department figures but was changed to having the whole store hit goals, which can be frustrating when your department is doing amazing work but another is dragging you down. They are Also afraid to hold people accountable for attendance. Also, regularly got calls on days off asking how to do things. Finally, they do scheduling at the last minute and change it without notifying you.

Advice to Management

Improve the bonus structure. Hold people accountable. Regular schedules would also be nice. Either include leads in leadership activities completely or don't, at least get rid of the confusion that all leads experience. Find a way to implement commission.

9. "Sales Consultant"

Former Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I miss my employee discount! The people I did connect with entry level and management had great rapport with. The managers that did invest in me did help me develop my sales skills and that has progressively helped me get jobs because of my sales expierience combined with customer service.

Cons

Politics, Low pay entry level. Worked Thanksgiving Eve/Day, Holidays basically, except Christmas.

Advice to Management

Don't play favorites. There are people who have a passion for electronics and desire to have a career in this industry don't overlook that by just moving "certain people" across the store.

10. "Best buy"

Former Employee - Home Life Supervisor in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Home Life Supervisor in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay starting at leadership level.

Cons

Very high demand on metric performance. Leadership is always looking for a reason to fire someone even if they are only missing on one metric. No bond is made with lower level employees because of constant demand. It is a commission based stress level without the commission. No incentives for lower level associates to perform at a higher level other than the fear of losing their job.

Advice to Management

Value the people that work for you. You can not expect commission based sales knowledge if you are only paying your associates market value 9.00. You need to give them a better reason to show up to work and perform.

Showing 19 of 16,705 reviews