Best Buy Reviews in Huntington Beach, CA | Glassdoor

1 review

Huntington Beach, CA

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Doesn't offer the best work life balance" (in 478 reviews)

• "Is hard to get hired on full time" (in 549 reviews)

1. "The last of its kind"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best thing about working here are the customers. I get really tired of seeing that in the "cons" section. Best Buy is the last huge electronics retailer that customers can walk in to and get educated on the newest technology from various manufacturers. Everyone I've met is extremely polite and thankful as well as patient when it comes to helping them find something that may be either low stock or a hot ticket item. My favorite customer is the one that has no idea what to get a certain person as a gift then helping them pick out something based on the information they give me. The satisfaction of a customer appreciating you and then coming back to see you is the very rewarding.

Cons

I'm a part time seasonal employee and I don't know if and when my employment will end. I'm not scheduled this week so I'm guessing I'm getting let go soon. I feel seasonal workers never really get much appreciation and are easily forgotten about on a day to day basis. It also seems if you don't constantly brag about your numbers then nobody will notice. Also if you're asked to come in and cover in a department that doesn't focus on sales goals such as customer service then it hurts your overall number ranking with the company. If scheduling mistakes are made it appears as if you missed work or were absent. There's a manager at night that treats everyone that's closing so badly I'm not sure how she earned that position.

Advice to Management

Take a close look at who is passionate about the customer, product and their department. Yes you have some great full time employees but there is talent being overlooked that could help your store become a well oiled, top rated, and financially successful machine. Your motto is to "Have fun while being the best". Well your Best o/s employees deserve to get a simple assessment or even an email saying goodbye. It ruins the "have fun" part when we come in to work the 4 hours you have scheduled for us every other week in January. That's another thing. Just let us go instead so we can't focus on our other jobs, school or so we can look elsewhere. We have budget goals too. Like bills and families to feed. You're the best in the electronics biz. Now be the best employers. It's definitely possible with the tools and talent you have.

Showing 1 of 16,845 review