Best Buy Reviews in Huntsville, AL | Glassdoor

Corie Barry
  1. "STRESSSSSSSSS"

Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Discount, Nice Break room

Cons

Stress, Low Pay to work ratio. High expectations of sales. Treated like commissioned sales with out the benefits of commission. Long hours with no lunch or break(against the law? not in Alabama!) No advancement in company. Restructure every 6months of management.

Advice to Management

Learn to stop Micro managing every detail. Trust your employees to do their jobs the way you should have trained them. Don't evaluate Job promotions on the questions answered in interview instead base advancement on track record of the employees being considered.

Best Buy2014-06-25
  2. "Learned a lot"

Current Employee - Geek Squad, Deputy of Counter Intelligence (DCI) in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pay, great coworkers, a lot of different exposure to the business and technical

Cons

Upper Management didnt care enough, a lot of regular leadership changes, no chance t build real relationships or teams

Advice to Management

Spend more time leading your people and less time managing

Best Buy2014-02-10
  3. "Best place to work Ever! Great Leaders! Great Team! Awesome Company!"

Current Employee - Computer Sales in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

Pros

We have an awesome leader and passionate people who want to work at best buy. I haven't met anyone who hates there job or who doesn't want to be there even though I know there are few. I love the deep, awesome, in depth, rigorous, exciting, brain filled training they provide! I love the benefits of working with a family and making friends! I love the energy and the rush of being on the floor in a fast paced environment....

Cons

The training process was different and fast paced only because of the holiday season! It became frustrated to perform duties and sale when you haven't had enough hands on training! But the employees made up for this! They were patient and always willing to show you how to do it right!

Advice to Management

It's hard for me to give advice coming in on the holiday season! But I would love to be apart of the training tea, to make sure that employees get the hands on training without the pressure of customer overload to build up the confidence of every employee! But it seems that whatever system is being used there is working because of the great leadership! I hope to become one of those great leaders! I hope they keep me past...

Best Buy2013-12-26
  4. "Not bad...for retail"

Current Employee - Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

get paid to talk to customers and fix computers

Cons

upper management, angry customers frequently

Advice to Management

promote people worthy of jobs, not just favorites

Best Buy2011-01-20
  5. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

Best Buy was clean. My co-workers all worked well together even though we were not all buddy buddy after work. We had input on our schedules and we were rewarded for hard work.

Cons

None that I can think of. The managers were polite, but firm. Everyone was treated with respect and employees who needed time to get the swing of things were given ample opportunity before being terminated.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Listen to your customers. Continue to reward the hard working employees who work for Best Buy

Best Buy2010-04-07
  6. "Hopefully it's better in other stores"

Current Employee - Department Supervisor in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Decent pay. Challenging work. Fun atmosphere. Great products. The job can motivate you like no other I've ever had if you like a challenge.

Cons

Little to no recognition for any successes. Made up a near $100,000 deficit in one week and was fired about two months later. Management refuses to listen to it's employees. The most offered assistance when you need help with something is "figure it out".

Advice to Management

Listen to, and help your employees. All you do is make your job harder when you alienate the people you have, and are forced to train fresh meat.

Best Buy2009-07-30