Best Buy Reviews in Las Vegas, NV | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly
Hubert Joly

Pros
Cons
  • Somewhat of a hard work life balance (in 422 reviews)

• Working up to full-time means you are part-time for awhile (in 469 reviews)

1. "Computer Consultant"

Current Employee - Computer Sales Consultant in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Computer Sales Consultant in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is good, Monthly bonus and quarterly bonuses are a BONUS :)

Cons

Management has their own groups within the employees, meaning that new employees often are shunned due to being outsiders

Advice to Management

Better attention to scheduling conflicts, less clique-based environment

2. "Great Employees but Terrible Management"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Best Buy part-time

Pros

The employees are so welcoming, and you really feel as though you're part of a family. As a part-timer, if you ask for more hours they'll give you more hours. Great employee discounts.

Cons

Hours: If you're hired as a part-timer and you ask for more hours, they'll work you full-time hours but will make you keep part-time benefits... unless a full-time spot opens... and you apply for it... and you interview for it... and you get it. And they'll schedule you as they please. For example, they put me down for 8 days straight by scheduling me the last four days of the last week of a pay period, and the first four days of the first week of the next pay period.

Sales: Managers constantly bombard you with how you need to make sales or convince customers to purchase a protection plan. And instead of getting commission as an incentive, they base your hours off of these sales.

Cashiers: At my location, with four registers up front, they only ever scheduled ONE cashier who constantly had to call for help. And instead of jumping on a register to help out, managers will just go on the radio and ask the sales floor team to leave their departments to help ring out customers.

Customer Service/Online Pick-Up: I worked as a Customer Service Specialist. At my location, with the opening of a new Call Center, the Online Pick-Up associates became Call Center associates and were moved to the new addition. So along with returns, exchanges, and protection plan fulfillment, I had to constantly run over to the Online Pick-Up counter to perform store pick-ups as well. If I had long lines the only other person trained for my departments was the one cashier who's stuck at the front registers.

Breaks: I was usually scheduled around seven hours a night which meant -- by Nevada State law -- I needed two rest breaks. I was only ever able to take one, and that was if I squeezed it in my first two hours of my shift before the previous shift left, or during the last hour of my shift after I'd been calling over the radio for three to four hours for someone to cover my departments. On days where I worked 8 hours and was scheduled a lunch, I usually didn't get any rest breaks.

Fired for Quitting: After working an 8 hour shift, the manager not allowing me to take any rest breaks because of lack of coverage, and finally being sent to my lunch during the last hour of my shift, I spoke to the store manager to resign. I was told that I wouldn't be leaving on good terms with the company without a two weeks notice. And because I didn't have anything in writing proving that I was resigning from my position, the store manager terminated my employment. I was fired for trying to quit.

Advice to Management

Stick to a single policy. Some managers will allow customers to get away with returns/exchanges out of policy while others are strict about it. If an employee firmly tells a customer they can not return something and the customer asks to speak to a manager who lets them do it, you make your employees look like the bad guys for saying no while the managers look like the heroes.

Follow the law. If the law states that your employees need rest breaks when working a certain number of consecutive hours, give them their rest breaks; it's the law. Lack of coverage is not an excuse to break the law. A manager can take 15 minutes out of their day to cover a department. Do not make your employees suffer because of your lack of management.

3. "Sales Associate, Part Time"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun place to work, liked most of my coworkers

Cons

Low-pay, Holidays were a hassle. No advancement

5. "Best Buy"

Current Employee - Magnolia Home Theater Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Magnolia Home Theater Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Depending on department, working with product is exciting. The pay is very competitive, and the employee discount is great. The company invests in their employees with monthly trainings and a two week course to teach selling skills.

Cons

Holidays can be hectic and depending on location, the store may be understaffed

Advice to Management

Continue to train employees and keep doing what you are doing. Try to prevent favoritism and Crack down on idle chatting employees.

6. "Great benefits, little growth opportunity"

Current Employee - Computer Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Computer Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Benefits are awesome, coworkers are friendly and so is manager.

Cons

Very little hours for part timers.
    Leads and managers pick favorites a lot.

Advice to Management

Notice everyone.

7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Project Team Specialist in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Project Team Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large national company that treats employees well. Excellent HR policies. Always supportive of people wanting to improve themselves. Impressive group of coworkers.

Cons

Not many cons, especially if you are a people person. Dealing with seniors and technology can be a challenge but at the same time rewarding when they finally understand.

8. "Advanced Repair Agent/PCHO Supervisor"

Former Employee - Advanced Repair Agent/PCHO Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Advanced Repair Agent/PCHO Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Employee discount, accommodations, tuition reimbursement ($3,500 undergrad and 5,500 for grad)

Cons

Management over rides SOP, favoritism, awful health insurance plans, and non-flexible with schedules.

Advice to Management

Follow SOP they are there for a reason. Offer leadership paths for employees and don't just stay in the training room all day.

9. "No driving incentives"

Former Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Best Buy part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun people, fun environment. Amazing 1st job. If you are here for longer than 2-3 years you have a problem. Works well around school schedule

Cons

No compensation for sales people other than unattainable store goals. Low pay.

10. "Job"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Best Buy (More than a year)

Pros

Love the co workers and the atmosphere its a great place to work

Cons

Not a good enough discount based on amount of knowledge we have to know

Advice to Management

Keep it up

11. "good"

Former Employee - Geek Squad Supervisor DCI in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Geek Squad Supervisor DCI in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

good environment good pay loved the job

Cons

retail hours and holiday hours

Advice to Management

n/a

Showing 34 of 13,923 reviews