Best Buy Reviews in Missoula, MT | Glassdoor

Best Buy Missoula Reviews

Found 5 reviews

3.3
Pros
  • "The employee discount is great and I love the accommodations(in 1863 reviews)

• "Fun to work for and all around enjoyable(in 314 reviews)

Cons
  • "Hours are long and tough to manage work life balance(in 502 reviews)

• "New full-time employees PTO hours are extremely small(in 563 reviews)

1. "I love my job"

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Missoula, MT

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great discount and product accommodations, awesome training opportunities and resources, consistent recognition for good work, internal contests (some performance related, some other fun ones like photography), super easy to transfer if you're moving, internal promotion is heavily favored, employee well being is an evident priority.

Cons

Some of the systems are incredibly outdated and ultimately end up failing, which makes you look bad by no fault of your own.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be more consistent. Some leaders are strict on certain rules, others seem to not care. Getting everyone on the same page would increase engagement because employees would know what to expect when certain issues arise.

2. "Great Entry Level Job"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Missoula, MT

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- Flexible Work Schedule (This is a two way street however) - Great Atmosphere - Great Training Resources

Cons

- No Commission - Odd Decisions by Corporate that have adverse effects on the individual store level - Focus on Numbers with no real reward or punishment depending on performance

Advice to Management

Allow more flexibility for improvisation in terms of selling skills, and day to day operations. Give more notice in terms of scheduling. Make it weeks in advance so that we can plan our own schedules on an individual level.

3. "A good company with lamentable store leadership."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Missoula, MT

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Fairly decent benefits if your work full time. (Discount, 401k, Health/Dental/Vision, etc.)

Cons

Company values of being 'impartial salespeople' doesn't go hand in hand with revenue performance goals. Store leadership will leverage this against you during internal applications and annual revues. Even if you follow all the proper sales behaviors. Sales floor culture has shifted to a more competitive sales environment with each other despite being non-commissioned sales. Employees bonuses are still only given for store-level...

Advice to Management

Tenured employees need more incentive and focus on developing their careers with progress measured. Store management needs way more accountability. It comes up ever year in employee surveys for a reason. One district manager is not enough for all the store leadership in an entire region!

4. "Decent Company, Mediocre Store Management"

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Missoula, MT

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Employee discount is nice. Most stores are staffed by knowledgeable, fun people. Decent opportunities for advancement if you work hard. Surprisingly good 401K offerings for everyone.

Cons

No time off from November to January. Store management usually has one eye on a corporate job at all times and due to this are frequently ready to do whatever they have to to move up. Most of the smartest people consider it a part time job and have no desire to advance, thus the upper echelons are filled with the type that love drinking the kool-aid if you get my expression. Starting pay is rather competitive for retail,...

Advice to Management

Pay your experienced workers better. Encourage careers with the company at the bottom levels so some of the people that normally wouldn't care about rising up can perform better for you.

5. "Middle of the road for Best Buy"

Former Employee - Product Process Specialist in Missoula, MT

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

Decent pay for local areas. Flexible hours. Had a fairly decent discount, but I hear it has been reduced severely. Good Tuition reimbursement program

Cons

Limited hours for part timers, usually no more than 14 hours a week which is difficult to live on. Promotions were rather arbitrary within stores as management tended to promote friends over qualified employees. High liklihood of sexual harassment from coworkers, not a very professional environment.

Advice to Management

Try to take advantage of the individual strengths of employees rather than only promoting the ones that fit best in the mold.

Found 5 reviews