Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 19, 2017

Mobile Sales Consultant

3.7

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Employee Discount / Accommodations (in 1585 reviews)

• You learn a lot about interacting with others (in 181 reviews)

Cons
  • Somewhat of a hard work life balance (in 428 reviews)

• Limited hours when not working full time (in 487 reviews)

1. "Great"

Former Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Chico, CA
    Former Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Chico, CA

I worked at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Access to training for all products sold to customers. The database to knowledge of what is sold in store sets its employees up for success. The management style allows for a personal approach with customers to build relationships in your community.

Cons

High sales goals with bonuses that don't quite match.

Advice to Management

Continue giving great training to your employees and maybe give some larger bonuses for their hard work.

2. "Nice place to work"

Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile SAS Lead Sales Consultant in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile SAS Lead Sales Consultant in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good workplace culture and good training programs. Upwards mobility if you apply yourself. Nice discount and compensation for level of work done.

Cons

Retail job if you can consider that a con it's no worse than any other job. Can be frustrating depending on your staff like any other job.

3. "Best Buy Mobile"

Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile - Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile - Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people and great and if you're at a store that's doing well you'll get great hours and it's easy to get into a different department also the discounts

Cons

The pay isn't that great and I feel like it's not up for discussion what you get is what you get also if you find out you're being under paid it's nothing you can do once you've accepted the offer

Advice to Management

Start paying better

"Little pay, but fun"

Former Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Lynnwood, WA
    Former Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Lynnwood, WA

I worked at Best Buy (More than 3 years)

Pros

I got to work with fun people in a great work environment. Getting hands on all the latest tech is a cool perk too. Good employee discount, especially for the Mobile Department. Overall, I had a lot of fun here. They also worked really well with my school schedule.

Cons

Responsibilities outweighed compensation. They expected me to work at 100% and cover a lot of areas, but did little to reward me for it. Low pay and a lack of sales commission made it hard to care at times, easy to just "hang out." Even though I had years of experience there, was among the most knowledgeable, and got good sales numbers, the annual raises were pathetic and they even hired inexperienced new employees at a greater pay rate than me.

Advice to Management

Maybe you would do a better job as a sales organization if you didn't drive away your most experienced sales people with low pay / career incentives. I saw it all around me, all the time.

5. "Great, but can't get any benefits."

Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile SAS Lead Sales Consultant in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile SAS Lead Sales Consultant in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love my job. It's great, pretty lax as long as you do the work you're supposed to. Easy to climb the ladder.

Cons

The only full time positions are the GM and the AM. Wish I could go full time just for the benefits (which are great).

Advice to Management

Allow full time positions in the SAS stores and I would be eternally happy.

6. "Mobile sales"

Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Corpus Christi, TX
    Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Corpus Christi, TX

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay for retail is pretty good, benefits, and always something new to learn about

Cons

Hours are incosistant, no commission, and it is retail so customer can sometimes be a pain

Advice to Management

Try to help the ones, who want to be there, to move up in the company.

7. "Mobile Solutions Consultant"

Former Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Toledo, OH

I worked at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay if you include bonuses, always something to do, and good opportunity to learn from the current manager, and the customers are fun to work with for the most part.

Cons

Not so flexible hours for part time employees, little to no growth in pay, the supervisor I worked under was terrible and did little to nothing everytime she was in the store, however there were good supervisors, and takes too long to get out of the store at the end of the night.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to continue to foster a friendly work environment. Reward well performing employees over the lack luster ones.

8. "Mobile Sales Lead"

Former Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Maple Grove, MN
    Former Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Maple Grove, MN

I worked at Best Buy (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best Buy is a fast paced environment that is constantly changing.

Cons

Not all phone activations are quick and simple. There were many nights I stayed an hour or more past my scheduled shift.

Advice to Management

Development of people is always key. Know what your employees want, and how to help them achieve their goals in their career.

9. "Mobile Sales Consultant"

Former Employee - Best Buy Mobile - Sales Consultant in Harrisburg, PA
    Former Employee - Best Buy Mobile - Sales Consultant in Harrisburg, PA

Pros

Fun environment and friendly management with lenient duties. Work time went fast with going through the carrier services with the customers. Also all while sitting which was a plus.

Cons

A lot of standing around time depending on location. Occasional angry people coming in with unrelated issues to Best Buy. No commission tho which was a bummer.

Advice to Management

Not much to improve on in my location. A new GM was appointed right before i got hired and everything seemed to be running smoothly.

10. "Great College Gig"

Former Employee - Best Buy Mobile SAS Lead Sales Consultant in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Best Buy Mobile SAS Lead Sales Consultant in Huntsville, AL

Pros

Worked for the mobile store for two years. Pay was decent and the discounts on accessories and wireless service was great.

Cons

The clients not understand how wireless technology and plans work. Holiday season in retail.

Advice to Management

My store had great managers. Took care of their employees and really encouraged the team work attitude.