Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Mobile Sales Consultant

Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant Reviews

Updated Dec 10, 2019

3.8
Best Buy CEO Corie Barry (no image)
Corie Barry

"Awesome company!"

Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile - Sales Consultant

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Best company to work for. Management is always working with you.

Cons

Have to work on weekends.

Best Buy2017-04-05
  2. "Mobile Consultant"

Former Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent Pay Great Working Environment Good Discount Will Learn many skills

Cons

Have to Meet Daily Quotas Weekly Learning assignments Many sensitive customers Low Raises Not a Career

Best Buy2017-03-09
  3. "Mobile sales associate"

Mobile Sales Consultant

I worked at Best Buy for more than a year

Pros

Fun, face paced sales, great training

Cons

Always on your feet, and breaks need to be exactly 30 minutes not longer or shorter

Best Buy2017-02-27
  4. "Decent"

Former Employee - Best Buy Mobile - Sales Consultant

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great discount, really competitive pay! Great co workers, hefty amount of training but pays in long run. Great benefits for full timers, 401k for PT

Cons

Don't make commission but you're treated as you do Managers always hounding you to hit your rev goal and if you don't they dock your hours Managers will pull you away from a sale for another sale Guess it's all about location?

Best Buy2017-03-02

"Little pay, but fun"

Mobile Sales Consultant in Lynnwood, WA

I worked at Best Buy for more than 3 years

Pros

I got to work with fun people in a great work environment. Getting hands on all the latest tech is a cool perk too. Good employee discount, especially for the Mobile Department. Overall, I had a lot of fun here. They also worked really well with my school schedule.

Cons

Responsibilities outweighed compensation. They expected me to work at 100% and cover a lot of areas, but did little to reward me for it. Low pay and a lack of sales commission made it hard to care at times, easy to just "hang out." Even though I had years of experience there, was among the most knowledgeable, and got good sales numbers, the annual raises were pathetic and they even hired inexperienced new employees... at a greater pay rate than me.

Advice to Management

Maybe you would do a better job as a sales organization if you didn't drive away your most experienced sales people with low pay / career incentives. I saw it all around me, all the time.

Best Buy2016-09-08
  6. "Mobile Supervisor"

Mobile Sales Consultant

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Great discount and people to work with

Cons

Management has been there years and they are complacent

Advice to Management

Switch it up

Best Buy2017-01-21
  7. "Great, but can't get any benefits."

Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile SAS Lead Sales Consultant in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Love my job. It's great, pretty lax as long as you do the work you're supposed to. Easy to climb the ladder.

Cons

The only full time positions are the GM and the AM. Wish I could go full time just for the benefits (which are great).

Advice to Management

Allow full time positions in the SAS stores and I would be eternally happy.

Best Buy2016-12-31
  8. "Mobile sales"

Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Corpus Christi, TX

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay for retail is pretty good, benefits, and always something new to learn about

Cons

Hours are incosistant, no commission, and it is retail so customer can sometimes be a pain

Advice to Management

Try to help the ones, who want to be there, to move up in the company.

Best Buy2016-12-15
  9. "Great Environment and Good Retail Job"

Former Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

It all depends on the store, but from my experience the best thing about Best Buy was the employees. Seems like the store really wants to hire fun and laid back people. Being in sales, I had fun with my job and really started to slowly improve my numbers and sales skills. It's definitely a great start for those who are young and are looking for their first job. From the management to corporate, they seemed to care... about their employees and want to make sure that we were happy with our job. Most of my manager were accommodating and worked with me on my flexible schedule. Plus, can't forget the discounts!

Cons

It is retail, so you have to deal with tedious tasks like down stocking and keeping merchandise organized on the floor. Also, customers can be a pain and downright rude so you really have to have patience. Schedules are also inconsistent as well, like most retail jobs. One week you could be working 30+ hours, the next you're working barely 20. Employee turnover was also prominent, at least in my store, so we'd get... new faces frequently and a lot of times the good employees left for better opportunities. Management was great for the most part, but they also had outside hires who didn't know much about the store or what to really do during the first few months on the job.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and always listen to your employees' thoughts and concerns! But also, more internal hires would be most ideal, especially for management positions. Good employees leave when they feel like they are overlooked.

Best Buy2016-11-12

"Not worth it"

Current Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Default 10$ an hour. Good hours if they like you.

Cons

Favoritism. Low hours, thay force you to take a second job. Terrible management. I've been yelled at more times than I can count, told they hated me, I was worthless that nobody wanted me there. Samsung store within our store one rep punched me in the stomach and another sprayed me with chemicals. I am a small female 5'5 90 some pounds and these were grown men. A girl from customer service pushed me and I called... her a name and only one side was disiplined (me of course) I hate this job but they have made it clear they can't fire me without a reason and that they want me to quit but I'm not a quitter and I never plan on giving them a reason to fire me. They also never refunded me my mileage from traveling 7 hours to do sales training that was a hundred percent mandatory. The entire store treats old people so badly as well.

Advice to Management

Grow up, stop being childish. Actually listen to what your employees need or want within reason. Stop playing favorites, jobs are about actually doing your job and promoting people who do their job great, not whoever you like the best. It's funny how our specific management never even notices the good things!

Best Buy2016-12-15