Best Buy Reviews in Nashua, NH | Glassdoor

Nashua, NH

3.3

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance but its retail" (in 483 reviews)

• "Is hard to get hired on full time" (in 556 reviews)

1. "Great place to work they treat employees well."

Current Employee - Connection Sales Consultant in Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Connection Sales Consultant in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Employee treatment is good
    Flexible schedule for college students
    Management team works with employees
    Decent pay for an easy job

Cons

Little punishment for when people show up late. They are not strict enough resulting in some people doing all the work while others just sit and play on their phones.

Advice to Management

Work effort should be rewarded more. Why does everyone get the same pay raise regardless of how hard they try

2. "Good place to work bad place to move up"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The job was fun and easy you get paid to talk to customer and help with there purchase

Cons

favoritism is a big draw back with the place i worked at they promote people who wasn't ready to then demote them when they fail

Advice to Management

Management need a lot of work and they need to listen to their employees

3. "Good opportunity"

Former Employee - Geek Squad, Consultation Agent in Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Geek Squad, Consultation Agent in Nashua, NH

Pros

Good chance to get some low level sales training and experience. You work with some really good people.

Cons

Sometimes the job can be overwhelming around the holidays. Can be a childish work place at times.

Advice to Management

Hire management more so based on skill and personality than age and how long g they have worked at that store.

4. "Amazing workplace"

Former Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate in Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate in Nashua, NH

I worked at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone I worked with was great, I greatly enjoyed the job to the day i left.

Cons

Ive got absolutely nothing bad to say.

5. "Fun environment, great products, sales goals."

Former Employee - Magnolia Home Theater Sales Associate in Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Magnolia Home Theater Sales Associate in Nashua, NH

I worked at Best Buy part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good supervisors and management system, fun work environment, great teamwork and team activities throughout the year

Cons

Sales goals sometimes seemed unrealistic, can be on on your feet for an extensive period of time.

Advice to Management

Just keep employees up to date on everything that is going on with the company and I mean anything. Store renovations, ideas, additions, etc.

6. "Good first job"

Former Employee - Best Buy Mobile - Sales Consultant in Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Best Buy Mobile - Sales Consultant in Nashua, NH

I worked at Best Buy part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the discount was amazing and so were the people. there were a lot of great times and good friends made there

Cons

the processes and the customers could be hard to deal with. sometimes it felt like you were doing way too much for what you were paid

Advice to Management

listen to your associates more. they are the ones who help the customers every day. make their lives easier, not more difficult

7. "People are great, managers are not"

Former Employee - Asset Protection Specialist in Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Asset Protection Specialist in Nashua, NH

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun place to work
    Great people
    Meet a lot of fun and interesting customers
    Discount on the chips and soda!

Cons

Low pay
    Long hours
    Some times no hours (worked full time and would often get under 36 hours a week)
    Managers are not normal human beings

Advice to Management

If you fire someone, please don't have that employee have to call you to find out.

8. "Various roles non manager"

Current Employee - Front End Leader in Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Front End Leader in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discount isn't all that bad, and the pay is above minimum wage, fast paced.

Cons

No matter what anyone tells you, it's always about the numbers. No matter what they tell you, it's a for profit business. They care about what you're doing. There isn't really good training. If you're not a self starter, this isn't the company for you. I think as a universal complaint, the black Thursday thing has to end. People have lives and families that don't pertain to Best Buy.

Advice to Management

Going back to my Black Thursday statement. People have lives and loved ones that they want to be with. While we generally love our coworkers, we don't love them more than family. It's worth noting that the overall culture wont change until the metrics do. It can't always about our numbers. Oh, and for heavens sake, stop with the weekly one on ones. They don't inspire, they annoy.

9. "Best Buy"

Current Employee - Product Process Specialist in Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Product Process Specialist in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is a great place to work. The benefits are great as well!! if you love working with the latest and greatest technology and meeting all types of people then this job is for you.

Cons

holidays are crazy but that is to be expected though.

10. "The pros make it worth it.. at first, then the cons take over"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Discounts! Whatever Best Buy bought the item for, you pay only 5% more
    - Accommodations. Completing eLearnings is likely to earn you prizes and/or recognition in the store
    - You get a first hand look at the latest technology, even before its released
    - Its fun, usually

Cons

I don't even know where to begin. First of all, there is no minimum pay grade besides minimum wage. Whatever 50 cents higher than your last job was is what you're going to get. There's people selling video games in my store with 3 months of Dunkin Donuts under there belt being paid a full DOLLAR more than I am, and I've been with the company for over a year! I confronted my manager about how ludicrous that is, and all he had to say is that it's "because they're seasonal". It shouldn't matter, if they perform well they get hired as permanent employees and still keep the same wage. Not only that, unlike every other company on planet Earth, Best Buy uses your performance against you in order to determine your "raise", which in my case, was 0. My supervisor implied that my raise was coming up, and that he was going to speak to his (and my) manager as to when that might be. Some time passed and I checked ePayroll (the online HR site for pay) and noticed that my pay had "changed", but not by any numerical increments. I questioned my manager, who then revealed that devoting a year of your life does not warrant a pay raise, instead performance does. I was never made aware of this, and it was a slap in the face as I had a child on the way. I shed tears in front of my manager, who simply asked me if I needed a minute, and never revisited the subject with me.

That's just the beginning. Best Buy goes through manager like they're taking a laxative, and often times you can see the brown on every manager's nose. Realistically, very few managers every worked as a sales associate, but they'll never hesitate to micromanage your sales, even without any direct experience themselves. Things like "Did you use the CEW?", and "Are you offering a Best Buy Credit Card with every sale?" are common bits you'll hear out of a pompous as..--excuse me, "manager". On rarer, yet still quite common occasions, the store manager will come over with a sheet of paper and start spewing numbers at you, like how well the district is doing and the percent of Geek Squad attach rates for the day. Things you don't actually give a hot s**t about when you're being paid a buck over minimum wage and he's making $120,000 a year. Not to mention the times they ask you to come at hours should warrant time-and-a-half, such as the famous "ad-set" shifts that consist of working from 5 in the morning to 3 in the afternoon. Or the 9 to 6 in the morning overnights. As you vacuum packing peanuts off the floor your manager can be seen strolling through the front door at 11 am, coffee in hand, and then immediately proceed to lecture you about what needs to be done today. Then he'll proceed in to the back office where he'll hibernate for about 3 hours, only to, you guessed it, come out and lecture you about how to sell and where district is at. Do yourself a favor, if you MUST work for Best Buy, work over the holidays, buy as much as you can on discount, and then GET OUT.

Advice to Management

Stop taking your sales associates for granted by shoving your numbers down their throats and lecturing them about the right way to sell. Pay them a wage that matches the responsibility of their job. California's minimum wage will equal my pay by 2016, and I have children. Your managers can't help but faint at the smell of their superiors butt, which causes resentment in your sales force because no one sees the managers as equals. You hire brown-nosers instead of performers and people persons and you get condescending jackasses that force people to cringe at the very sight of them. Not only that, but you expect 1/10 customers to buy your god-awful Greek Squad Tech Support, a $200 gimmick that does the same thing as the free Genius Bar or Microsoft Store. The fact of the matter is that just because your piece of paper that came from corporate says 1/10 should buy it, your more likely to get 1/30. Get some realistic numbers that revolve around the fact that the customer is going to buy what the customer's lifestyle warrants, not because your computer said that's what the goal is. I am proud to say that I will be leaving Best Buy shortly.

Showing 13 of 17,184 reviews