Best Buy Operation Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor

Best Buy Operations Specialist Reviews

Updated Feb 20, 2019

3.5
Best Buy CEO Corie Barry (no image)
Corie Barry
0 Rating
  1. "Operations Specialist"

Operations Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at Best Buy for more than a year

Pros

Discounts, hours, work environment, helped build communication skills

Cons

Pay, black friday hours,

Advice to Management

None

Best Buy2016-02-25
  2. "Good company"

Former Employee - Operations Specialist

I worked at Best Buy full-time

Pros

Good company and benefits

Cons

Better sales training for new hires

Best Buy2019-02-20
  3. "Great place to work."

Operations Services Specialist in Richfield, MN

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

Fun place to work. Co-workers all work well together & seem to like working there. Great employee discounts and perks.

Cons

Upper Management role are all men & advancement are most likely to be given to males instead of females. Every year talks of lay off so job security is no guarantee.

Advice to Management

Stop hand picking men for advancement and also give women a chance.

Best Buy2016-06-17
  4. "This was a good part time job for a student; it was relatively easy and the discounts were awesome."

Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Marlborough, MA

I worked at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great discounts Competitive wage Easy but not terribly boring Employees are generally young and interesting Large stores, so room to move up

Cons

Stressed out management Not very flexible Expected to work more than a student may like, 20+ hours Management belittles staff sometimes

Best Buy2014-01-31
  5. "The discounts were great"

Former Employee - Operations Specialist in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Any returned products makes you the first in line to get great deals with your employee discount. Depending on what department you work in you can have a flexible work schedule.

Cons

It can be boring but it depends what department you work in

Advice to Management

Implement some reward programs to keep the job fun and exciting

Best Buy2013-09-30

"High turnover rate"

Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Ithaca, NY

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than a year

Pros

The discount is pretty good, though not as good as it used to be. Working with new technology is rewarding if you are into tech.

Cons

Poor store level management can result in high turnover rates and increased strain and stress on remaining employees. Staffing needs to have more foresight so that high traffic periods don't catch everyone with their pants down. Politics prevent those who deserve from getting promoted and those that don't deserve a promotion get it out of favoritism.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like humans not pieces on a chess board and maybe the turnover rate won't be as bad.

Best Buy2012-10-03

"Was fun until management changed"

Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great people, lots of younger aged employees, great discount

Cons

management didn't care or listen to problems with employees or store, didn't encourage promotions after years of service, gave raises to "favorites" and didn't recognize hard-working employees

Advice to Management

listen to employees, promote hard working employees that have worked for company for years, allow fun & individuality, be available for questions, back them up with rude customers instead of just trying to "make the sale"

Best Buy2012-09-06
  8. "I literally LOVE my job!"

Operations Specialist in Mechanicsburg, PA

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Their like a family, and everyone works as a team. It's a fun enviroment and employees are given great training! I like that after working there 3 weeks I had no questions about how to do all aspects of my job. It's a company that I feel the need to go above and beyond for everyday.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints. A lot of people do find it difficult to hit your 20% goal on services when working up front, and to get the credit card apps in. Personally, I find that I have NO trouble what-so-ever as long as you effectively communicate the benefits to the customer.

Advice to Management

You guys are great, only thing I would say as far as advice goes, is more time alloted for employees to help other employees struggling in sales of services. I was able to help a co-worker raise his numbers just by spending half a shift pitching the GSBTP Plans along with him until he understood what he needed to be communicating to the customer.

Best Buy2012-01-06

"Best Buy treats you like royalty for 6 months, then treats you like a slave after 6 months."

Operations Specialist in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Employees, other than the managers, are great to work with.

Cons

Management can't get its act together. They can't communicate and when the do it's always negative. I can't speak for other stores but ours is a boys club.

Advice to Management

Take away management bonuses and give it to the front line people. They're the ones doing the work. Management sits on their a** until they find out something is going to affect their bonus.

Best Buy2011-06-25
  10. "Overall good company to work for"

Operations Specialist in Mission Viejo, CA

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

-Good pay compared to other jobs. -Lots off opportunities for transfers to different types of roles. -Flexible with scheduling -Lots of training available for employees

Cons

-Limited advancement opportunities -Inconsistent with quality of managers. -Not praised enough for good work -Sometimes promotions seemed unfairly given Some managers overworked employees without supporting them or assisting.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees more and provide greater feedback. Ensure quality of managers that are being hired and promoted. Management varied too much from store to store

Best Buy2010-09-06