Best Buy Reviews in Peoria, IL | Glassdoor

Best Buy Peoria Reviews

Updated Apr 1, 2019

4.0
Best Buy CEO Corie Barry (no image)
Corie Barry
  1. "I love my job"

Sales Associate in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Loads of fun Awesome Environment Mostly good music Good coworkers Mostly friendly customers Break Room Pay Discount

Cons

No incentives favoritism Should be commission Cutthroat enviorment

Advice to Management

Add more incentives for sales associates

Best Buy2016-04-16
  2. "Great for students"

Current Employee - Asset Protection Specialist in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits are nice, discounts are great! My store was really good at working with my school schedule and has always been understanding when it comes to scheduling!

Cons

As is working in retail, it comes with annoying, rude, and disrespectful customers. It's just the nature of retail, not the fault of the company.

Advice to Management

Making store policy more transparent with customers would free up employees from explaining company policy and allow them to be more productive.

Best Buy2019-04-01
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Relaxed Yet Knowledgeable"

Current Employee - Verizon Sales Expert in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great sales induction training. On-going education to better know products and how to sell. Relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

Typical retail issues. Wonky hours, not enough pay, etc.

Best Buy2016-12-03
  5. "Crazy customers, mostly good staff"

Former Employee - Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) in Peoria, IL

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good camaraderie in your department. Potential for growth. Good discount (on marked up items, anyway).

Cons

A lot of training through the computer. Would be better to have on the job training. The situation is only as good as the managers currently working--one made me cry once, so it can be pretty horrible.

Best Buy2015-10-18
  6. "sales supervisor"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Discounts are great for all employees, benefits are also good, fun place to work. Easy to learn and advance in the company.

Cons

Holiday hours can be a bit daunting, but it's a very short segment of the year, seasonal help is very little help.

Best Buy2015-09-20
  7. "Great place to start out"

Former Employee - Mobile Specialist in Peoria, IL

I worked at Best Buy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay is hourly only, pay plus commission in departments would drive more sales.

Cons

Flexible and decent pay to start out, learn basic sales skills and learn a lot of product knowledge

Best Buy2015-05-18

"The absolute worst job. Ever."

Former Employee - Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate in Peoria, IL

I worked at Best Buy full-time for less than a year

Pros

The only pro was the work itself. I love sales but that was it.

Cons

Management. The worst managed company I have ever seen. My second day began with a manager asking me about my breasts, that manager was later promoted to assistant general manager. This is the same guy who smoked on the sales floor, took underage workers out drinking and left them there with the bar tab on a training seminar for the company. It took me, a brand new employee, contacting hr a ridiculous amount of... times for this idiot to even be reviewed. And the number they post in the break room and the one in the new hire pamphlet is not the correct he number. That was fun. The benefits are terrible. I'm not even going to dive further into that. My GM, one of the AGMs, the mobile department supervisor and the only other 3 full time mobile employees all quit within my first two weeks. The department was in shambles. I took over the mess as an hourly and never received any sort of thank you and of course no raise. I ran the iPhone 6 launch and Black Friday. Still nothing. The supervisor I spent only two months with was worthless. I did his job as well as more than met my quota. I was averaging 65+ hours a week. And that leads up to the end of my time there. I have now been waiting two pay cycles to recieve my final check including the bonus from 3 months ago and my PTO pay out. Best buy is corrupt and going under. Don't jump on that wagon.

Advice to Management

How about you all stop being corrupt morons and actually do your jobs??

Best Buy2014-12-29
  9. "Terrible workplace"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Peoria, IL

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with cool tech products

Cons

I worked in the computer department. Management doesn't even care if you sell a computer. All they care about is how many accessories you sold, protection plans, geek squad services, mobile hotspots, headphones, software, and credit cards you got with each sale. They give you number that they expect you to hit, which I far exceeded (I sold over $1,000,000 worth of product in one year), only to receive a $0.10 raise... after working there for a year. You are treated like just another number. I have worked commission sales and they expect you to sell like you're a commissioned sales person. Just without any incentive.

Advice to Management

Pay employees what they actually deserve.

Best Buy2014-10-24
  10. "CIA"

Current Employee - Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Employee discount was good, but it has since been nerfed. Products are interesting and fun to work with and learn about.

Cons

Employee discount nerfed. Retail = nights and weekends. Taking time off on weekends is difficult. Even if you put in time off requests early, if someone quits or they are short staffed they are likely to make it difficult to get your already approved days off.

Advice to Management

Be more flexible with time off requests. Taking time off is something everyone needs to be able to do, and weekends are when people will do it. Making it difficult to take time off makes BBY less and less attractive the longer you work there.

Best Buy2014-03-07
  11. "Overall Good"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Discount, The people were great, and you get to use the electronics! Easy to move up.

Cons

Bad management, Too many hours for a highschool student. Hard to get days off, usual retail job

Best Buy2014-02-17