Best Buy Reviews in Princeton, NJ | Glassdoor

Best Buy Princeton Reviews

Found 9 reviews

3.9
Pros
  • "The employee discount is great and I love the accommodations(in 1857 reviews)

• "Fun to work for and all around enjoyable(in 311 reviews)

Cons
  • "Hours are long and tough to manage work life balance(in 498 reviews)

• "New full-time employees PTO hours are extremely small(in 563 reviews)

1. It was great experience

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

Warm, nice, intelligent, customer service

Cons

cold, sometimes hard, long hours, always stands

Advice to Management

Take good care of your employees

2. Best Buy - Sales Associate (NJ)

I worked at Best Buy for more than a year

Pros

Good hours, valued position, great treatment from higher ups

Cons

Too many deadlines, unrealistic sales goals, bad learning modules

3. A Great Place To Work As You Find Your Path

Former Employee - Computer Sales Associate in Princeton, NJ

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

I was very impressed by the benefits offered by the company by comparison to other companies. This includes: -Excellent Discounts -Reward Based challenges and goals to meet -Good Pay compared to other big box stores -Excellent benefits to full time employees.

Cons

As with any job I think your experience will depend heavily on management there. I was fortunate to have strong managers who were very interested in incentivizing hard work and effort. Towards the end of my time there seemed to be less competitions with prizes which felt was paramount to encouraging people to work hard consistently.

Advice to Management

Your staff is what makes or breaks your store. The more you incentivize them and make it fun to work there, the happier and harder working they'll be.

4. mobile

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

great, fun environment, co workers are like family , pay is great, time off is great, benefits great

Cons

health insurance they provide isn't good- also management has a lot of favoritism and it is isn't fair - if your a woman you def not going to be able to hold any high position- the managers at the location i work are all best friends and only care about themselves and not the employees, can't grow within business

Advice to Management

Instead of protecting your friends and getting them jobs at this location you should try to promote different people to create diversity and less favoritism.

5. Sales- Best Buy

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Best Buy for more than 2 years

Pros

employee discount is very good

Cons

Work Holidays and weekends is a must

6. Best Buy

Current Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun environment Great Accommodations for certain things Great co-workers tons of training lots of employee satisfaction Lots of diversity among employees

Cons

Scheduling and Hours are annoying. Nothing is set in stone. It can be a bit slow on the week days.

Advice to Management

Best buy is a very fun place to work at. I feel that the store is run very well. Keep up the good work.

7. PCHO Sales Associate

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

-Awesome discount -Great opportunities to work with new software. You always have to be in the loop for the newest technology, and you get to play around with it as well. Training is pretty straight forward, nothing overly difficult

Cons

Management was terrible, if you are annoying with doing hard work while managers do nothing, this job will annoy you The customer always being right can cause grief working here, managers will get upset with you if you cannot accommodate a customer, even if they are asking for something that cannot be done Notional margin was something that was introduced while I worked there, it was the sales figures of employees....

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with more respect. Customers are not always right, and just because you are management, it does not mean you should treat those who work directly beneath you like underlings who do not deserve your attention.

8. First retail job, not bad.

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

Co workers, management, willingness of supervisor to work with my class schedule

Cons

pay, customers, far from home, pressure to sell anything

9. A Fun place as long as you do not make many mistakes

Current Employee - Customer Assistant (CA) in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

The discount is very good. Making sales is always very satisfying. For the most part it is a low stress environment.

Cons

The management seems to be always watching, always waiting for your next slight mistake. For example, they always take the smallest things and blow them out of proportion. Something as simple as using another persons key can lead to disiplinary action. It can be unfair, and managers seem to walk around in their own sort of Ivory Towers.

Advice to Management

Treat the employees below you with more respect, criticism is fine but do not overdo it. There is alot of room for improvement here,and it is probably what needs the most work here. Sometimes the omnipresent nature of retail managers is toxic.

Found 9 reviews