Best Buy Retail Merchandiser Reviews | Glassdoor

2.2
  1. "Fun but cumbersome"

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Stafford, VA

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than 6 years

Pros

I work in warehouse, its different from sales floor, because I have worked there as well, I like the teamwork that is built within the warehouse, training is easy you don't have to know too much other than where it goes in the store. Its typically a fun environment as long as your team gets the work done efficiently.

Cons

Advancement is difficult unless you can play politics really well within the retail environment.

Advice to Management

communicate more effectively with your employees.

Best Buy2017-04-20

"Merchandising"

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in New York, NY

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, you get to learn how to problem solve, mangment has a trust but verify menatlity towards tasks. My co worker are the only reasons I come to work. Great for college students. But don't stay long.

Cons

Everything else. There no real growth unless you would like to work for corporate. The job stagnation. Task are very repetitive. Discounts are negligible. If you buy online you'll tend to find prices that resemble your discount, AliExpress, amazon, bj, eBay to name a few.

Advice to Management

Do a better job training your employees. eLearning are nice but our job is completely HANDS ON!!!

Best Buy2018-05-27
  3. "Don't Go For Operations"

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits such as employee discount, PTO, 401k. Fairly flexible work hours. Able to be creative in your work.

Cons

Pay is bad, even if you are with the company for awhile. Limited advancement options. Corporate makes a lot of mistakes. Heavy workloads with little labor.

Advice to Management

Some of this advice will apply to both corporate and store level managers. Actually follow and enforce the SOP we learned when we were hired. Find ways to show appreciation the operations side of the company and not just the sales associates. Increase base pay (like many other companies have) to stay in the loop with today's job market. Retrain or expand your planogram development team.

Best Buy2017-11-01
  4. "Merchandising associate"

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great perks, benefits, pay and fun environment

Cons

Can't really pin point cons because each store and their management is different

Advice to Management

Be an example

Best Buy2015-07-08