Best Buy Sales Service Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Sales Service Associate

Best Buy Sales Service Associate Reviews

Updated Aug 1, 2017

3.2
Best Buy CEO Corie Barry (no image)
Corie Barry
0 Rating
  1. "Great company"

Sales Associate and Customer Service Associate

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

This company was almost my second home for five years. I worked there during college and afterwards while I was looking for other employment. Most of my direct managers were great. Also if desired hours were easily available to me (especially during the holidays). While there was no commission at this job there were small incentives that you could get for doing good work (they gave you points which could be redemaned for Bby gift cards). Also the discount was nice -- it varied by item as the discount was based on the cost.

Cons

-As this was a retail job, many managers were often getting their start. Some were phenomenal while others were awful and not bearable.

Advice to Management

I personally really liked most of my direct managers. Those that were ineffective managers often were not good with managing employees respectfully.

Best Buy2016-09-02
  2. "Sales Associate/Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Customer Service Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are great training tools always available to you in the form of e-learnings online, as well as a sales training induction course that really teaches you the art of selling complete solutions. I gained a lot of people skills and dealing with confrontation skills that I will never forget after 7 years of employment. Always being up to date on the new technologies coming out was one of my favorite parts. The employee discount is very decent, especially on accessories.

Cons

Pay is definitely a downside. Very low when you realize how much you must learn and the performance goals you must reach. After 7 years there I was making not even a dollar more than the new hires walking in the door. I was in a "not so great" location and pay does vary by area apparently. They do treat you as if you work on commission even though you don't. Your appraisals are based on the store performance as a whole rather than your individual performance, which can be very discouraging when your personal goals are met or exceeded. Favoritism from management was also a big issue in my store and began to affect everyone's performance.

Advice to Management

Push harder for your star employees who deserve to be fairly compensated for their dedication, especially your senior staff who have given you years of their life and hold everything together. Properly discipline all associates when they break the rules, not just your "least favorites." If an associate must pick up duties from a position higher than their current role, for a long period of time, pay them appropriately for the duties done. Bring back the 'Have Fun While Being the Best" motto I grew to love when I first started.

Best Buy2017-08-01
  3. "Sales Associate"

Sales Associate/Customer Service Representative in Bellflower, CA

I worked at Best Buy for more than a year

Pros

great environment, employee discount is awesome

Cons

low pay, lack of benefits for part time employees.

Best Buy2016-06-14
  4. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate and Customer Service Specialist in San Jose, CA

I worked at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

Pros

The coworkers are amazing. They're always willing to help no matter what the situation is. The perks that comes with being a Best Buy employee would be the discounts and the services that you can call.

Cons

Not flexible with timing. As any retail store, you get the retail experience, both good and bad. Management can be horrible and depending on who you know, that's what carries more weight in your placement here.

Advice to Management

You would want to mentor your workers better. Treat them as people and lead them, not give orders and looks. There are team leads who fill that void, but do not micromanage them or the people under.

Best Buy2016-02-04