Best Buy Reviews in Santa Clarita, CA | Glassdoor

Best Buy Santa Clarita Reviews

Updated May 29, 2019

Found 5 reviews

4.0
Best Buy CEO Corie Barry (no image)
Corie Barry
  1. "Major Appliance Sales Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Best Buy cares a lot about their employees. They send every sales employee to a week long sales training when first employed. Some people were flown to Seattle or put in a hotel in downtown LA for his training. They pay for all expenses. They train the appliance department very well with an annual 4 day training seminar. I am trained very well for my job and my managers and fellow coworkers are usually happy and in... a good mood. Also, the bonuses are great! I look forward to at least an extra $400 each month on my check.

Cons

Working in appliances is hard when you have to deal with all of the delivery issues. But it’s manageable.

Advice to Management

Change the delivery drivers in our Ontario and Compton warehouses. Or change the way that we communicate with them. Not being able to work directly with the warehouse drives me insane a lot of the times.

Best Buy2018-06-21
  2. "Understaffed understaffed understaffed."

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

Pros

-Don't have to worry about selling to customers. -Get to listen to music in the warehouse.

Cons

-No training time -Incompetent leadership

Advice to Management

-Train your workers

Best Buy2019-05-30
  3. "Okay place to work"

Current Employee - Geek Squad Autotech Lead in Santa Clarita, CA

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits, company is growing and expanding

Cons

Really only cares about the bottom line. Doesn't do much to make work more sensible for employees, doesn't seem willing to invest in certain aspects of business. If you work in certain departments, it's very apparent that bestbuy does not care about them at all.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees and your business, the returns would be huge compared to what you have now.

Best Buy2018-07-22
  4. "Excellent discount and decent wages for retail."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Awesome discount (cost +5%) on high margin products like accessories, cables etc. Opportunities to follow your passion IF you are in good favor with management. Range of options for the geek in us all--Don't like computers much? No problem if you can get excited about music or cell phones or appliances. Emphasis on developing product knowledge so employees don't have to BS or lie to customers. Hours mostly based on... sales performance.

Cons

Crappy or non-existent raises. Low starting wages if you're the type to accept their first offer. (Pro tip: ALWAYS counter the first offer.) Very prevalent office politics. Do not be overheard dissing the company or their initiatives or you'll be labeled a negative-nancy. Lazy management. Hours mostly based on sales performance.

Advice to Management

Sunday morning meetings are the opposite of motivational. I spent almost 8 years with the company and learned/retained nothing from the sunday morning meetings. Consider the fact that the store closes late on saturdays and most employees won't get a full night's sleep is forced to come in at 7am the following morning. Labor dollars poorly spent right there. Compensation--Employees that sell well deserve a... respectable annual raise. <$0.50 for a good employee will typically result in lost motivation to excel.

Best Buy2014-05-12
  5. "Easy going and fun place to work"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

- People were very nice - Fun to work with all the technology

Cons

- Training on products were not very organized

Best Buy2013-11-15