Best Buy Reviews in Stafford, VA | Glassdoor

Best Buy Stafford Reviews

Stafford, VA

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Working all holidays (work/life balance)" (in 481 reviews)

• "Is hard to get hired on full time" (in 554 reviews)

1. "My review of Best Buy, inc"

Former Employee - Lead, Connections Consultant in Stafford, VA
    Former Employee - Lead, Connections Consultant in Stafford, VA

I worked at Best Buy (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities to learn and with the latest and greatest technology. Working face to face with clients on a daily basis is great as well.

Cons

Not many chances for advancement within the company. Dealing with changes in management way too often which causes employees to find it hard to connect with a specific manager.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. We're the ones who have to work with clients all day every day, and we know the things we deal with. So trusting and believing in your employees makes everything better.

2. "Fun but cumbersome"

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Stafford, VA
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Stafford, VA

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I work in warehouse, its different from sales floor, because I have worked there as well, I like the teamwork that is built within the warehouse, training is easy you don't have to know too much other than where it goes in the store. Its typically a fun environment as long as your team gets the work done efficiently.

Cons

Advancement is difficult unless you can play politics really well within the retail environment.

Advice to Management

communicate more effectively with your employees.

3. "Technology Education Agent"

Current Employee - Technology Education Agent in Stafford, VA
    Current Employee - Technology Education Agent in Stafford, VA

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee discount, geek squad precinct, love everything about the job besides what's listed in the cons

Cons

They don't pay you correctly or on time. In fact, I'm currently in the middle of a civil lawsuit related to their failure to address payment issues for 4 pay statements and possibly 5 depending on how I get paid this Friday. They clearly can't properly and ethically resolve human resource resolving complaints in a timely manner.

Advice to Management

Respect the fact that your employees aren't making a lot of money and depend on it's payment in a timely manner. Also, maybe you should cease communication regarding pay after becoming aware of the employee filing a civil suit to address a situation that best buy couldn't at a store or corporate level...... especially when the employee requests it due to personal issues covered under a federal statute that you are bound to adhere to given that you are the employer....

Showing 3 of 17,042 reviews