Best Buy Systems Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

Best Buy Systems Analyst Reviews

Found 4 reviews

4.8
  1. "Analyzing internal systems used by employees and looking for ways to improve them or resolve issues."

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Richfield, MN

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fantastic energy and culture. Positive environment all around, everyone is willing to assist in developing each other and values everyone's ideas to continue having Best Buy grow! Truly love working from within.

Cons

Communication to the retail level can be sporadic - changes at the corporate level is communicated through internal channels but for some reason it takes forever for retail to get the information.

Best Buy2017-07-12
  2. "supervisor"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Best Buy full-time

Pros

Best buy has great people that toy work with

Cons

Management can overextend sometimes with their views on how to do things

Advice to Management

Give employees more chances to improve results

Best Buy2015-05-02
  3. "Imagine sprinting a marathon every day....now you know what it's like to work at Best Buy"

Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Richfield, MN

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some of the smartest people I've ever worked with in my carrier were from Best Buy. Also, decisions are made in hours not weeks and direction is given and expected to be executed on extremely quickly. It's nice not having a lot of red tape to go through to get things done. Great employee discount!

Cons

There is nothing strategic about most initiatives. Everything revolves around being truly tactical. IT drives business, not the other way around. This is the #1 problem of this organization in my opinion. I see no vision or direction from business teams. There is no work/life balance here and there is no concept of locked scope. Priorities change almost daily and then you're given a hard time as to why you didn't...

Advice to Management

Place value in your employees personal life and let them have one instead of burning out your employees. Have a strategy beyond just "keeping up" with everyone else. Think outside the box and give customers something they can't get everywhere else.

Best Buy2015-01-27

"Business Systems Analyst"

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Burnaby, BC

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Health and Dental Benefits Amazing people Employee discounts

Cons

Bandage based solutions nothing is resolved Managers who do not know much about the IT systems below market salaries

Advice to Management

Be more honest, don't talk in riddles, and pay employees well Listen to employees

Best Buy2014-11-28