Best Buy Reviews in Terre Haute, IN | Glassdoor

Best Buy Terre Haute Reviews

Terre Haute, IN Area

4.3

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The employee discount is great and I love the accommodations" (in 1974 reviews)

• "Fun to work for and all around enjoyable" (in 331 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be a bit hectic particularly during holiday season" (in 522 reviews)

• "Not Commission based, not for full time if your not in leadership team" (in 579 reviews)

1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate in Terre Haute, IN
    Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate in Terre Haute, IN

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing team, great leadership, and BestBuy is going to be around for many years to come (job security.)

Cons

There's nothing I dislike about the company thus far.

Advice to Management

Reward your workers with better raises and incentives! Mobile could be making much more in a commission based environment especially with the experience we provide!

2. "Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Terre Haute, IN

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment that allowed me to unlock my true potential. This company is one of the best companies for someone out of high school or in college.

Cons

I can't think about anything bad. This company is so supportive especially at my location. I was given all the tools I needed to succeed. The management is not bad. They have a micromanagement style sometimes so that would be the only flaw.

Advice to Management

Don't micromanage as much. The CRW's should not be that big of a focus. The customer is going to buy because of the sales person not the CRW.

3. "Forces credit cards"

Current Employee - Mobile Sales Associate in Terre Haute, IN
    Current Employee - Mobile Sales Associate in Terre Haute, IN

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice discount, flexible hours, decent pay

Cons

Only cares about credit card applications and not about the actual work getting done or customers.

Advice to Management

Focus more on the goals employees are meeting not the ones that do not get met, if the store is on a whole is at go that's all that should matter. Needs a better system for employee recognition.

4. "Pretty Fabulous, at Least Most of the Time."

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Terre Haute, IN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Terre Haute, IN

Pros

Leadership is just that: leadership. There's quite a distinction between a boss and a leader, and it's very apparent working here. Managers have a very "let's tackle problems together" kind of attitude as opposed to a "do it because I'm your boss and I said so" kind of attitude. Employee discount is pretty good, and the majority of your coworkers are all pretty pleasant and easy to get along with. The GM is very open and willing to listen to any comments or suggestions and is more than happy to make accommodations for those of us who might need extra help.

Cons

Customers. They can make or break your experience from what I've dealt with so far. Customer Service is incredibly difficult to handle if you encounter a particularly salty person who wants to yell. Managers have told me that as a part timer, all I need to do is call them to handle it; they get paid more to get yelled at. But this is a difficult thing to employ when everyone in charge is either gone for the day or already taxed to capacity with other issues. The return policy of only 15 days is kind of awful, especially when customers aren't reading the fine print and assume it's the traditional 30 days. And, as you'll find with any other job on the face of the planet, there can be petty bickering between you and fellow employees, be it between full time and part timers, since the former apparently has the authority to tell the latter what to do, or there can be issues on the sales floor between associates competing for numbers to meet their sales goals, or fighting for BPs (branded payments - Best Buy credit cards).

Advice to Management

Try to have some semblance of order, and establish goals and expectations in a clear and concise manner. Let employees know what it is that's expected of them, and lead by example. Be sure to also sketch out a clear image of what the employee hierarchy looks like. Full time employees may have advice on how to perform certain duties in store, but unless a supervisor is telling me what to do and when to do it, should I really do what the full timer says without question? How far is too far when they start giving out orders? I'd also suggest making sure employees are fully equipped to explain the benefits of the Best Buy credit card and to be sure customers fully understand what they're signing up for before they leave the store; I've had to explain the terms of 5% back in rewards or 6-, 12-, or 24-month financing options to those who possess the BBY card, but they were unaware of how it's benefits were employed.

5. "Good"

Current Intern - Intern in Terre Haute, IN
    Current Intern - Intern in Terre Haute, IN

I have been working at Best Buy as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and good hours. The hiring manager was nice.

Cons

None, just like any other retail store

Advice to Management

Good work

6. "Making me feel like I make a difference"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Terre Haute, IN

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employee discount is pretty good compared to other retailers. The management at my store really knows how to help employees grow, I truly feel appreciated for what I do at work.

Cons

Sometimes I'm not informed of how to do something before I am expected to do it, but I asked for the hand-on-experience from my management because that's how I learn. Maybe just a LITTLE more guidance.

Advice to Management

As of right now, I have no gripes with my management. Even though sometimes they may be a little hard on employees, it's always over something that shouldn't have been done or it's a constructive criticism to help them grow.

7. "Customer service rep at best buy"

Current Employee - Customer Service Represntative in Terre Haute, IN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Represntative in Terre Haute, IN

Pros

Its a fun place to work. Management is fair and the pay is reasonable. They worked around my schedule and very flexible.

Cons

They are very stricked on attendance and dress code. I seen many people turned away becuase of tattoos and piercings.

Advice to Management

Management should try harder to connect to there employees. I know that its a business but management is very strict and make it a little difficult to enjoy work.

Showing 7 of 19,003 reviews