Best Buy Reviews in The Woodlands, TX | Glassdoor

Best Buy The Woodlands Reviews

Found 12 reviews

2.7
Pros
  • "The employee discount is great and I love the accommodations(in 1863 reviews)

• "Fun to work for and all around enjoyable(in 314 reviews)

Cons
  • "Hours are long and tough to manage work life balance(in 502 reviews)

• "New full-time employees PTO hours are extremely small(in 563 reviews)

1. "Team Blue is a great learning experience"

Former Employee - Home Theater Sales Associate in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training and management The experience you receive on this job is incomparable to other retail jobs employees are well rewarded for hard work

Cons

Some staff can be rude or difficult to work with, but this is to no fault of the company. Rather just the people themselves having bad personalities. You WILL encounter many difficult and disgruntled customers on this job.

Advice to Management

Continue to expand on rewards and encourage employees to strive for sales. Don't be so hard about pushing protection plans. Be understanding that not everyone is great at selling protection plans.

2. "Starts out good but"

Former Employee - Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Discount Fun customers Great 3rd party vendor representatives Smart coordination of Black Friday

Cons

Poor work/life balance Low wages and little room for raises Low advancement opportunities poor and lazy management store and district level Poor communication Company preys on work ethic of hard workers and expects them to pick up the slack of lazy employees Delagation of labor from leadership to entry level employees Favoritism of employees who are obient to the management team Poor employee equipment, broken...

Advice to Management

Do your job, take responsibility for the employees not doing their job instead of putting that work load on the backs of hard working employees. Be friendly and personable. Keep an open door policy so issues and concerns can be addressed without worry of repercussions

3. "System Designer"

Current Employee - Systems Designer in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Flexible work schedule, potentially great pay.

Cons

Competition with the Best Buy home theater and lack of vision drom upper management to solve the issues.

Advice to Management

Design a better solution for HT core that arepaid hourly, to restrain from selling the same items that us as professional sales professionals in the MDC could do a much better job at educating and selling to our customers.

4. "Multi-channel sales associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great atmosphere, get to leverage personal experiences in sale, great coworkers, never told to take abuse from customers

Cons

Unpredictable scheduling, difficulty taking holidays, big enough company that some get lost in the shuffle

Advice to Management

Consider your workers' situations during scheduling when possible

5. "Appliances Specialist"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Nice environment, get great training on new appliances, hands on experience with professional chefs coming to the store to cook and show the advantages of the products we sell.

Cons

Management is not good, schedule is not done fairly, items not always on stock so orders are not completed as promised.

Advice to Management

Inventory and delivery are key to our success as sales associates. We cannot deliver what we do not have in stock.

6. "It is what it is..."

Former Employee - Loss Prevention in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

DISCOUNT! A somewhat relaxed work environment that the hierarchy will try to keep entertaining. I found most of the product interesting so it was easy to talk about with customers.

Cons

The starting pay is ridiculously low. They provide awesome discounts but you will be too broke to take full advantage of this. If you are a good employee you will be brought on permanently, but they keep their stores so understaffed you will work constantly and be guilted when you attempt to take off.

Advice to Management

Huge trust issues while I was employed. managers hogged keys to turn off alarms for fear of theft. Shark cages routinely audited. Assistant managers were pretty worthless. The only way to gauge the store's progress is a numbers matrix dependent on prior years, regardless if these days were holidays/weekends the year before. Stop the micromanaging, perpetual power divide and insincere interest in worker well-being.

7. "Best Buy Mobile"

Former Employee - Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Good company,relaxed sometimes, easy, no real stress.

Cons

Horrible pay, no commission, 400 dollar paychecks every 2 weeks, not enough to live on.

Advice to Management

Commission. Make it commission.

8. "Low Paying, Nice Student Job"

• Overall
    Former Employee - Geek Squad, Counter-Operations Agent (COA) in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

This company will work around your school schedule, and has a very small incentive while you're with them.

Cons

Low pay, huge corporate ladder, management doesn't communicate with its employees.

Advice to Management

Fire half of the management, this company has too much red tape.

9. "Great Starting Point, Move on if you want to move up in the company."

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Depending on your Leadership the training is great, Hours depending on what type of store you are at are good also

Cons

Lowest paid employees in retail next to walmart, If you want to move up in the company you need to join the local Good ole boys club. Its about who you know and not what you know.

10. "Great place to work for"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Good benefits, pleasant working environment with focus on helping each other, tons of training and rewards to become a sales specialist.

Cons

Long holiday hours, some times not enough inventory on hand

Found 12 reviews