Best Buy Reviews in Tucson, AZ | Glassdoor

Tucson, AZ

3.5

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Somewhat of a hard work life balance (in 446 reviews)

• I wish I could have been a full time employee (in 509 reviews)

1. "Find the right store"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best Buy can be a great place to work if you find the right store. Some stores are great and friendly and others can really suck. Check out the store before you apply and feel it out.

Cons

They dont pay great for sales and your bonus is dependent on the whole store, so even if you rock the sales you can get no bonus because of your co-workers.

2. "Vendor Expriance Expert Home Theater"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discount, Accommodations,Insurance, PTO&Vacation, (though,limited),

Cons

Managment,Fairness,And,Employee,Treatment, Team,Wrok,and,Team,Communication, Often;Feel,Bullied,Singled,Out,And,Often,Unheard, Not,Receiving,Proper,Training,And,Knowlage,When,Transitioning,Into,My,Current,Role, And,The,Unfair,Attendance,Policies,And,Merging,PTO&Vaca,Hrs,In,Reguards,To,Emergancy,And,Sick,TIme,Off(this,isrefferingtomylocationonly123)

Advice to Management

Inforcment of all policies fairly, be more impartial (don't take sides) a lot of the time they come off like the favor male employees. Better training from management and for vendor position (more hands on) I have yet to meet the Samsung vendor in my store or the LG one for that matter as well. I felt thrown into my position very unprepared even after research and e-learnings. The team work especially in my home theater department is often lacking due to communication issues and often I feel like I'm working against my peers rather than with them. When bring up issue with management I often feel unheard pertaining my concerns and issues often go unresolved. The last thing is I don't think that the PTO, sick, Vacation, and unpaid time off policy is entirely fair. The PTO, sick time and vacation time are all lumped together and are not transferable to the next year leaving us with very little emergency and sick time left to us especially since we are only allotted 6 call outs a year for full time before we are fired. This is unfair since you can not determine how often you get sick, and though you can sometimes avoid a write up or termination going through HR it often requires jumping through hoops and resulting in a lot of unpaid time off before an issue is resolved though I feel it is important to implement attendance requirements I feel we should be able to be excused by our immediate supervisors with valid documentation rather than having to excessively reach out to HR.

3. "Great part time job for a full time student"

Current Employee - Merchandising Specialist in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Merchandising Specialist in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Great atmosphere - Based around new technology
    Great people - Everyone is very well trained to have great communication skills
    Best discount - Being as though I love technology, I enjoy getting a price break by my workplace

Cons

Hours - can fluctuate during seasonal times of year
    Customers - Like any retail job, customers can be a pain, this is one of them, most don't know terms when trying to explain something to them, which can lead to confusion and confusion leads to frustration, which will certainly be directed at you

Advice to Management

Give some more recognition to the outstanding employees that go above and beyond their goals, I know I don't get enough, and I am not being selfish, its just that I don't get that "WOW factor" at work when I do get a lot done, that's all.

4. "Customer Service"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a very fun place to work and I made so many friends.

Cons

They put the Sales pressure on thick, but they don't pay enough to demand sales numbers like they do.

Advice to Management

Don't treat your employees like a number, they each have valuable strengths and treating your employees that way makes them act that way, and you'll lose your best employees.

5. "Assistant Store Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule
    Great Pay
    Lots of coaching and training where you need to be
    opportunities are endless
    bonuses

Cons

slow days
    PT does not get any benefits
    hours can fluxuate a lot

Advice to Management

None, the management is pretty awesome and they treat their employees very well. they're always looking for you to succeed.

6. "I love Best Buy"

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best job i have ever had
    Great benefits and employee discount

Cons

None so far. (twenty word minimum.. word word sentence sentence phrase... no cons at all here) four more words. there

Advice to Management

Get along together a little better. Namely leads professional relationships with supervisors and managers. such as front end leads and operations management getting along.

7. "Decent job (Seasonal)"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is substantial, cashiering position is easy to learn, most employees were nice to work with, very good manager, mostly clean & organized work environment. All in all, I enjoyed working there for the most part.

Cons

Minimal mixed up hours, eventually during seasonal, the hours dropped to practically nothing, but at least they had the courtesy to tell me I was no longer needed in person with a letter of recommendation. They really want employees to sign up every customer with credit card or bonus membership programs, so you have to be a salesman as well as a cashier. It can get very tiring for customers unless you're gifted at giving pitches. Some employees don't seem to like their jobs, and they don't hide it very well.

Advice to Management

Just keep an eye out for others in charge, some of the people didn't have the best leadership qualities and tended to have negative attitudes, which made both employees and customers uncomfortable at times.

8. "Specialty Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Specialty Sales Manager Connections in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Specialty Sales Manager Connections in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Development of business acumen along with consistent sales goals. Huge potential for advancement and bonuses. Mobility potential all over the United States.

Cons

Work life balance, annual restructures makes it difficult to guarantee employment for long term plans and career advancement. Market staff lack of communication and general store knowledge.

Advice to Management

Create stronger connections in the store, senior management begins to lose touch to what it is truly like.

9. "good experience, very poor company to work for"

Former Employee - Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Best Buy (More than a year)

Pros

I got a lot of good experience in sales, customer service and goals. Literally only real pro from working here was the employee discount.

Cons

There is absolutely no moving up unless you move out and get experience elsewhere first. The GMs don't see you as a person but as a machine and its very rare to find a GM that actually cares about you. Its a very numbers driven company if you meet your goals you need to do better if your not meeting your goals they expect you'll be gone soon.

Advice to Management

Hire managers that understand people, my manager, who was great with people was fired for someone who could point out every mistake and and always let you know your not good enough.

10. "Sales"

Former Employee - Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate in Tucson, AZ

Pros

employee discount, flexible hours, ability to purchase products directly from vendors at a highly discounted price.

Cons

having to work weekends, and holidays.

Showing 20 of 15,248 reviews