Best Buy Reviews in Tucson, AZ | Glassdoor

Corie Barry
  1. "Great!!!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Sahuarita, AZ

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have many opportunities to learn about my job and leadership. I have gotten to many cool things with the company.

Cons

As hard as I try I have been in the some position for the 4 years that I have been with the company.

Best Buy2017-11-09
  2. "a good place to work"

Current Employee - Sale Consultant in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

Pros

fun work environment, usually high energy, good co workers, lots of cool tech

Cons

sometimes angry customers to deal with, management sometimes hovers a lot

Best Buy2019-07-03

"Stay Away From Store 123!"

Former Employee - Sales Floor in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

There were a few people at work who could make the job much easier. Employee discount is great especially on things like cables. Sometime have accommodation offers from manufactures for different items.

Cons

Store 123 has run so many people out of there that it's embarrassing. We're talking good employees too who have been with the company for years, people who have gone on to thrive at different locations, the few who actually stayed with Best Buy anyways. The people in charge just bark at you and never says a kind word or really even interact with you like a normal person would. Unless your an attractive woman, then you...

Advice to Management

If a store has considerable turnover, people complaining, and a multitude of transfer requests to another store, do some investigating. Talk to former employees and figure out a solution to stem the tide. If a common thread is management it's time to make changes.

Best Buy2019-07-07

"Decent Pay. Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Employee Discounts. PTO/Sick Time. Other incentives

Cons

Numbers driven. Reconstructions. Unfair pay. Favoritisms

Best Buy2019-06-27
  5. "Very High School"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Get lots of exercise

Cons

Just way to high school for me

Best Buy2019-02-04
  6. "Vendor Expriance Expert Home Theater"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Discount, Accommodations,Insurance, PTO&Vacation, (though,limited),

Cons

Managment,Fairness,And,Employee,Treatment, Team,Wrok,and,Team,Communication, Often;Feel,Bullied,Singled,Out,And,Often,Unheard, Not,Receiving,Proper,Training,And,Knowlage,When,Transitioning,Into,My,Current,Role, And,The,Unfair,Attendance,Policies,And,Merging,PTO&Vaca,Hrs,In,Reguards,To,Emergancy,And,Sick,TIme,Off(this,isrefferingtomylocationonly123)

Advice to Management

Inforcment of all policies fairly, be more impartial (don't take sides) a lot of the time they come off like the favor male employees. Better training from management and for vendor position (more hands on) I have yet to meet the Samsung vendor in my store or the LG one for that matter as well. I felt thrown into my position very unprepared even after research and e-learnings. The team work especially in my home theater...

Best Buy2017-03-22
  7. "Experience Depends on you... but also what manager you get"

Former Employee - Computer Sales in Oro Valley, AZ

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good on the job training! You learn a lot about many different products, salesmanship, and troubleshooting.

Cons

Our store was without a GM for about a year and during that time period management was a revolving door. Training and employee motivation suffered as a result.

Advice to Management

Don't pity hire unqualified managers. There was this one manager that spent most of his day in the break room on his phone. Apparently he worked at another Best Buy years before this but still didn't know the basic functions off the POS system and OMS. So incompetent that most of the customer service staff left as a result.

Best Buy2017-02-07
  8. "Find the right store"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best Buy can be a great place to work if you find the right store. Some stores are great and friendly and others can really suck. Check out the store before you apply and feel it out.

Cons

They dont pay great for sales and your bonus is dependent on the whole store, so even if you rock the sales you can get no bonus because of your co-workers.

Best Buy2017-01-03
  9. "Great part time job for a full time student"

Current Employee - Merchandising Specialist in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Great atmosphere - Based around new technology Great people - Everyone is very well trained to have great communication skills Best discount - Being as though I love technology, I enjoy getting a price break by my workplace

Cons

Hours - can fluctuate during seasonal times of year Customers - Like any retail job, customers can be a pain, this is one of them, most don't know terms when trying to explain something to them, which can lead to confusion and confusion leads to frustration, which will certainly be directed at you

Advice to Management

Give some more recognition to the outstanding employees that go above and beyond their goals, I know I don't get enough, and I am not being selfish, its just that I don't get that "WOW factor" at work when I do get a lot done, that's all.

Best Buy2016-04-30
  10. "Customer Service"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It's a very fun place to work and I made so many friends.

Cons

They put the Sales pressure on thick, but they don't pay enough to demand sales numbers like they do.

Advice to Management

Don't treat your employees like a number, they each have valuable strengths and treating your employees that way makes them act that way, and you'll lose your best employees.

Best Buy2016-05-13