Best Buy Reviews in Vienna, VA | Glassdoor

Vienna, VA

4.7

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Somewhat of a hard work life balance (in 444 reviews)

• Limited hours when not working full time (in 509 reviews)

1. "Best Buy review"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, the discount is good, when you wanna use it. We offer great deals on top of the line electronics.

Cons

OMS and POS suck!!! They stay crashing, especially right when you have the whole neighborhood standing waiting in your line!!!

Advice to Management

Try to take the side of your employees more often. Stop making us look like the bad guy after we say we absolutely can't return something, and then you turn around and tell us to return it.

2. "A fun company that teaches you a lot but is too unstable to stick with for a long time."

Current Employee - Computer Sales Specialist in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Computer Sales Specialist in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Keeps you up to date on technology. Lots of vendor interaction which results in free goodies.

Cons

Paid too little compared to the level of professionalism demanded. Leadership is reorganized too often. Sense of instability.

3. "Best Buy's Best Benefits in Retail Outweigh the Worst Cons"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vienna, VA

Pros

The benefits are great for full-timers (401k, paid vacation, sick hours to use for each paycheck, time and a half for govt holidays worked, paid holidays, stock options, full medical, dental, and optical coverage, and tuition reimbursement), very decent starting pay, management are encouraging and supportive, and almost everyone there likes to joke around and have as much fun as possible on the job, and that includes management. Good as a easy-going part time job for high schoolers or college kids, as well as a great way to advance in the business world for full-timers with flexible schedules.

Cons

If you disagree with management, you get on their bad side pretty quickly, and once you are there, it's nearly impossible to succeed or advance within the company. As many other reviews have also stated, there is obvious favoritism practiced among management. However, as long as you work hard to get things done, be friendly, satisfy the customer needs, and hit your numbers, this will most likely never be a problem. If you are thinking about working at Best Buy full time, you better care about their profit margin.

Advice to Management

Hiring so many new seasonal employees would be great if you used them to work the HOLIDAY hours when the full-time and regular employees will want off to spend with family, and NOT to take away hours needed during the rest of the season.
    Also, change the system for customer service's return policy! The fact that the system will let us take back opened items from months outside the return policy if it's opened but not one day outside the return policy if it's unopened? Newsflash: we still make full profit off of unopened items, and take a hit for open box items. That system has to change.

Showing 3 of 15,237 reviews