Best Buy Reviews in West Jordan, UT | Glassdoor

Best Buy West Jordan Reviews

Found 6 reviews

5.0
Pros
  • "The employee discount is great and I love the accommodations(in 1863 reviews)

• "Fun to work for and all around enjoyable(in 314 reviews)

Cons
  • "Hours are long and tough to manage work life balance(in 502 reviews)

• "New full-time employees PTO hours are extremely small(in 563 reviews)

1. Home Theater Sales Consultant

Current Employee - Home Theater Sales Consultant in West Jordan, UT

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome work environment, fun interactive workplace, very social daily routine, interesting conversations, and overall cool tech that we get to play with leads into an amazing work experience. I have loved working for Best Buy. I plan to peruse a career in the company.

Cons

Not too many cons. Revenue goals can sometimes cause small stress or competition, but we don't get paid commission so it wont affect our paycheck. It is still retail, so holidays are crazy, but still fun.

Advice to Management

Jesus, Kody, Marshall, Cameron, just everyone at my home 1146, keep doing what you're doing. I love you guys.

2. Great company but hard to move up

Former Employee - Microsoft Advisor in West Jordan, UT

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

Learning about technology through path to excellence, Intel retail edge, hp university, we university etc. Friends that you work with and help each other with goal sets.

Cons

Black Fridays hours, hours are not consistent and they want you to keep gold status on path to excellence in your current position but if you want to move they want you to work that area and be silver certified and keep the gold status in current position. Very favorite oriented if your not in the circle you don't move up. Plus wage is to low for what they expect on the floor.

Advice to Management

Be more a neutral person friends are great but not always the best candidate for the promotion given. Keep the drive on the training that is a great path to success. If someone comes and says they are needing more hours due to they can't make bills don't let it go unheard.

3. Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Home Theater Sales Associate in West Jordan, UT

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Reasonable Pay, Amazing Discount, Fun Environment, Good Training Program, and Good with schedules

Cons

There aren't cons to working for the company.

Advice to Management

Have induction more often

4. Not the best

Former Employee - Customer Specialist in West Jordan, UT

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great discounts on products. The environment was pretty laid back and there wasn't too much pressure on you day-to-day. Most customers come in knowing what they wanted. Even if there were questions, most of the time I could easily answer and take care of them. It's nice to get to know the different and upcoming products/releases.

Cons

Some of the management was lazy and had a bad attitude. My supervisor actually came back from lunch wreaking of booze, trying to down as many breath mints as he could. I started to notice more of the managers with the a lazy approach. Seemed like they didn't really care whether you were going to stay working there or not. It's kind of like a beginning or in-between job.

Advice to Management

Hire some managers and supervisor with more drive and good attitudes. This would help motivate your employees.

5. Fun experience and learned alot about the retail world

Current Employee - Asset Protection in West Jordan, UT

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Great place to work for students while in school

Cons

Holidays can be a drag with stressed customers

6. Not for everyone, but a good place to work if you have charisma and steely resolve

Current Employee - Sales Associate in West Jordan, UT

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

The discount they give you is amazing, so good that I refuse to pay full price for electronics now that I know how high the mark-up is on items like headphones and cables. Working part-time or as a seasonal employee gets you in the door for the discount too, so if you must install a new audio system in your car or buy those prestige headphones by Dr. Dre, get them while you're working at Best Buy. Second would be the...

Cons

If you're not a social person, being a sales associate will drain you. Best Buy's whole selling platform is based off of trust, which means that you have to make some kind of connection with your customers. Of course, they don't expect you to become best friends with everyone you meet - but you have to fake it well anyways. For some, this becomes exhausting. Management gets huge bonuses and trips if they meet certain...

Advice to Management

A recurring complaint I've heard from other sales associates at my store is that no matter how good you are at selling, if you forget to mention one thing, you get treated to a speech that's less constructive criticism and more, "Do you know how much you suck? Try sucking less." The problem isn't in motivating the employees, but to stop DEmotivating them.

Found 6 reviews