Best Buy Reviews in West Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

West Los Angeles, CA

2.5

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work-life balance is difficult to perfect" (in 478 reviews)

• "Is hard to get hired on full time" (in 549 reviews)

1. "good for you if you like electronics"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Los Angeles, CA

Pros

random bonuses when the store does good

Cons

boring sometimes,
    old managers kinda mean

"FAIL"

Current Employee - What Happened? in West Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - What Happened? in West Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Keeping a job for a long period of time looks good for building credit - even if the job blows. There are also great employee discounts and accommodations.

When I began working here, everything was running smoothly, and hours were great, even for part-timers, like myself.

The pay scale still goes up consistently

Cons

Two months after I started working there most of the management transferred to other stores or to corporate. After that, my store (109, West Los Angeles) went downhill. The current management did not become managers because they know what they are doing - they don't: Best Buy is notorious, in house, for not training anyone - but because they've been there longer than most other people. The employees that have been there longer than the employees who got bumped up to management, didn't get moved up because they aren't well-liked, mainly because they are hard workers and they are perceived to be a threat to anyone else trying to climb the pathetic Best Buy ladder. Of course, they won't get fired. It's next to impossible to get fired there. If you are inept, or consistently late, they won't boot you. You have to be a thief, stop showing up, sexually harass someone, or get violent. Basically, they don't like to pay unemployment, which pays more money than the 4 hours per week of work that they give about 80% of their employees now.

Advice to Management

If you decide to get a part-time job here, get your minimum hours in writing, signed by a manger.

If you decide to get a full-time job here, have an indefinite contract in writing stating that as long as you work at Best Buy your position status cannot be lowered to part-time.

3. "Best Buy store 109 in West Los Angeles"

Current Employee - Http:/Www Bestbuy.com in West Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Http:/Www Bestbuy.com in West Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Fellow workers tend to be very easy to get along with, and good to work with.

Cons

Management often has unrealistic expectations. Pay is VERY low considering the heavy work that I do in my department.

Advice to Management

Do not expect me to manually "adjust" my overtime hours so that I don't have any overtime hours. Do not expect me to work over lunch, while being logged out for lunch on the clock.

4. "I had a positive experience, would recommend it to others."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in West Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in West Los Angeles, CA

Pros

I found the people that I worked with were very professional and the pay was very competitive. Your performance is important and there is room to move up if you apply yourself. It's the kind of place that you only get out what you put in. Which is more than I can say for other places I've worked.

Cons

I don't think every Best Buy is the same. And it really depends on the department you work under. Some do better than others, as well as some people do better than others. So you want to surround yourself with smart people there.

Advice to Management

I think that they should listen more to employees as we are the ones that deal directly with customers, the people they're trying to sell to. We have good ideas and it would make us work harder if we felt we were being listened to.

"Best Buy's a good place to work for flexibility"

Current Employee - Loss Prevention Controller in West Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Loss Prevention Controller in West Los Angeles, CA

Pros

You get to work with people from all different backgrounds. People shopping at best buy are shopping for things they want, not need, so it's all fun

Cons

Like any other retail job, you have to put up with disrespectful customers.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to employees and promote the people who really deserve it, not thise who follow you from store to store or those who brown nose.

Showing 5 of 16,825 reviews