Best Doctors Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Peter McClennen

Pros
  • Open collaboration is encouraged, teamwork is valued and work-life balance is a priority (in 9 reviews)

• Decent pto, matching 401k, flexible hours (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • leadership and management team can improve on managing employees (in 9 reviews)

• The fast paced nature of work may be overwhelming to some people (in 5 reviews)

1. "Business Development"

Current Employee - Vice President of Business Development
    Current Employee - Vice President of Business Development

I have been working at Best Doctors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best Doctors has the best culture of any company I have ever worked for. We are extremely team oriented, and we have a great sense of healthy competition. It is awesome to be part of such a positive and competitive culture. Leadership does a great job keeping us all connected, as there are employees all over the World.
    Great Benefits Package, great culture, smart teams, positive atmosphere.
    Our CEO has a very exciting vision for the company and has a focused drive to help us get there.

Cons

Workers all over the country working from home. Other than that, do not have a negative thing to say.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Peter is incredible and has awesome energy. It is contagious. The fact that Peter and Digger were so engaged at the Kick Off Meetings was great to see.

2. "Great corporate culture and environment of trust"

Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at Best Doctors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours & locations; Friendly & accessible senior management; Wonderful mission-driven company; Intelligent & driven co-workers

Cons

A handful of the more senior employees (5+ years) are refusing to get on board with the new world order. A few bad apples could spoil the bunch if management is not careful.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop open communications between various functional areas; Cut loose the remaining negative & bullying personalities

3. "Truly Making A Difference"

Current Employee - Sales and Business Development in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Sales and Business Development in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Best Doctors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best Doctors truly adheres to its values and culture and is a focus of emphasis every day for its employees. This is a company full of positive thinking staff who truly care about the mission of the company and will do anything they can to make the company a success. Open collaboration is encouraged, teamwork is valued and work-life balance is a priority.

Cons

With growth and change there is a tendency to rush but Best Doctors has handled the latest transition smoothly and has scaled appropriately.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Continue to make the tough choices that are necessary to support growth.

5. "Business Development"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

I have been a Best Doctors employee for almost 8 years and I cannot imagine working anywhere else! Best Doctors has treated me incredibly well and encouraged me to grow/develop as a person. Each and every day my focus is to provide our service to members throughout the world and make sure they have the right diagnosis and treatment plan. I hope to be at Best Doctors for the rest of my career!

Cons

I love working at Best Doctors and do not have any cons

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

6. "Great mission driven company"

Current Employee - Vice President
    Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at Best Doctors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In my opinion the best reason to work at Best Doctors is because you will find yourself at a mission driven company surrounds by more than 500 other mission driven co-workers. It is such a nice feeling to be around people who are all driven by helping people.

Some other nice touches are in the add ons to the Benefits plan the last few years including the unlimited PTO that took effect in January of 2017. There is a feeling of trust.

Cons

Something that could be improved is finding more ways to connect with co-workers who are in other offices around the country and around the globe. I guess this is something that just comes with being a global company, but it would be great to interact more with global peers.

Also, within the past year there has been a big push on the career path development for employees. There is increased focus on promoting from within as well as cross training into different departments. This is nice, but likely should have been happening for years.

Advice to Management

Continue to push the message internally about focusing on the member and their needs as the top priority. With the continued growth of the organization the open culture and the push to constantly remind people why they are hear and that they ultimately report to each and every member they are helping is important.

"If you love helping people, you will love working here."

Current Employee - Vice President of Business Development in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Vice President of Business Development in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Best Doctors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Promoting a product that changes/saves lives makes every day a great day. If you are in sales, you work remotely and have the company's total trust that you are going to do the right thing. Fantastic work/life balance. Amazing corporate culture.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about the company. The bottom line is you would be lucky to be able to work here.

Advice to Management

A more structured new employee training program would be helpful to get new employees up to speed even faster.

8. "Account Manager"

I worked at Best Doctors full-time

Pros

Innovative offering, Market Leader, Open to new ideas

Cons

Significant turnover, lack of technology

"Mission lost in mess"

Current Employee - Clinicsl in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Clinicsl in Boston, MA

I have been working at Best Doctors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people in the trenches still around trying to do good
    Company still does good work for a few companies and members. Not all is lost, but focus has shifted - noticeably.

Cons

No updates in technology and therefore far behind competition
    Time frames to help people are long
    Call center is disorganized and sad that people get lost there
    Leadership is not supportive of feedback to improve.

Advice to Management

CEO speaks of sailing at every meeting - time to get the ship in order for clients. Afraid more will leave.

10. "Office manager"

Former Employee - Office Manager
    Former Employee - Office Manager

I worked at Best Doctors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love everyone I worked with and patient interaction

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about working for this employer

"Good employer, great mission, opportunities to improve"

I worked at Best Doctors full-time

Pros

An admirable mission and business focus. So long as you clearly make the case and deliver, executives empower their teams to deliver with none of the needless micromanagement so common at some firms today. Good work-life balance.

Cons

Periodic gossip among troublemakers that wastes valuable time, but that could likely be said about any office. Leadership is also too often viewed as being far removed from the team as a whole.

Advice to Management

Be careful not to get too comfortable with the status quo or with solely using old school management principles/approaches. There's strength in going out on a limb and trying new things sometimes. To avoid splintering and boost morale, take the time to get to know more of your staff from all levels and from different departments.