Best Version Media Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2020

4.3
Pros
  • "BVM offers an opportunity to create a successful business without a large initial investment(in 105 reviews)

• "Be a publisher with unlimited support throughout training, all the way up to Dave Durand the CEO(in 71 reviews)

Cons
  • "The pay is based on working 20 hours a month, but to produce a high-quality magazine, it takes much more time(in 48 reviews)

• "Publishers are essentially a super-cheap sales force, with no benefits(in 31 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best version of a job"

Current Employee - Associate Publisher

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time

Pros

The level of autonomy to run your OWN business with the support of Best Version Media is definitely a pro for a self starter who knows how to get the job done without a “boss”- but the support you will receive from others in the company is consistent and effective.

Cons

This job wouldn’t be right for someone who needs to punch a clock and be told what to do. You need a high level of conviction and a desire to help your community.

November 11, 2019Media Relations

Thanks for the great review! We LOVE hearing from our people!

"Amazing company"

I worked at Best Version Media full-time

Pros

Culture, values, the income potential

Cons

Cold calling, sales, independent contractor, no guaranteed pay

March 11, 2020Media Relations

We appreciate the feedback!

3. "Not an easy job but well worth it!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Publisher in Bloomington, IN

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

High commission, great ongoing training and support, no "boss vs. employee" atmosphere

Cons

no pay until your baseline is met (though that is an understandable trade off seeing as how our sponsors aren't charged until we reach our print baseline)

July 2, 2020Media Relations

Thanks for the great feedback! The Publisher opportunity is challenging but very rewarding and we're excited to hear that you've enjoyed your time working with us.

"Lowest of the low paying"

1.0
    Current Employee - Associate Publisher

I have been working at Best Version Media part-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy job for someone wanting to fill hours in the day and for Chatty Cathy’s. Well developed sales program, easy to follow strategy

Cons

-Poor commission structure and overall low pay compared to other sales jobs -no base pay, all commission...including little support for getting leads, build your brand, and uncover leads. -outdated prospecting strategy. Expectation is to drop into small businesses unannounced and to cold call all day long. No digital marketing, no support joining local chamber networking groups, no lead gen -initial training Is a waste of time if you have any sales experience whatsoever. - no risk for company...100% risk for employee.

June 5, 2020Media Relations

The BVM Publisher opportunity proudly offers an impressive commission structure unlike any other in the industry. This reviewer has false information in his or her review. BVM has digital programs and digital lead programs, and we encourage certain networking programs. BVM also invests major dollars into each potential Publisher. We understand that the opportunity is not for everyone, but these facts matter.

5. "Great opportunity"

4.0
    Former Employee - Associate Publisher

I worked at Best Version Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility, company culture, income potential

Cons

Prospecting and cold calling daily

April 9, 2020Media Relations

Thanks for leaving us some feedback! The BVM Publisher opportunity offers flexibility and uncapped earning potential.

6. "Good part time gig"

Current Employee - Content Coordinator in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Best Version Media part-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoy writing content so it's been pretty easy for me.

Cons

The pay is not good. For the content written it takes longer than 20hours a month.

March 31, 2020Media Relations

Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback. The Content Coordinator opportunity offers writers the chance to earn additional income by writing content for our magazines in a flexible, professional setting.

"Dream opportunity for the right person."

I have been working at Best Version Media

Pros

Total autonomy, since you work as an independent contractor. This isn’t a “job”. It’s a career that you control completely. Success can be had via 9-5 M-F schedule. Plenty of help and support from BVM, on a daily basis.

Cons

You MUST be a self-starter, with a degree of self discipline to run your own business.

February 17, 2020Media Relations

The BVM opportunity is an excellent way for self-starters to build a successful business for themselves. Thanks for leaving us some feedback!

"The Best Version of Me / Yourself"

Current Employee - Publisher in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

You are your own boss. You decide your hours and how much you want to make Unlimited income potential. Complete autonomy and enormous support from a endless number of people you can reach out to who genuinely want you to succeed. I love the people, from the start, through training and even now, they just make you feel included in one big family. No one ever talks down to you or in a condescending or disrespectful manner even if you mess up We work hard, but im pretty sure we play even harder. Love my division manager and productivity coach who check in daily to see if im doing okay or need help and theyre awesome. From the CEO, to the VP's on down, they are very knowledgeable and a source of inspiration and motivation. It hasnt been that long since i started and i look forward to a long and prosperous future together .

Cons

Can't think of any except it's not for everybody. Especially if youre not a self starter and a go-getter, or youre not willing to put in the work, you won't make it

February 10, 2020Media Relations

The BVM Publisher opportunity offers entrepreneurs the exciting chance to build their own business with unlimited income potential. Thanks for the feedback!

"Local editorial team was great."

Former Employee - Content Coordinator in Stamford, CT

I worked at Best Version Media part-time for more than a year

Pros

Certainly nice to work from home and on your own schedule. Our local team was smart and collaborative.

Cons

The pay is based on working 20 hours a month, but to produce a high-quality magazine, it takes much more time.

February 10, 2020Media Relations

Content Coordinators enjoy a flexible, professional environment that allows them to earn additional income by writing local content for our magazines. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to improve the opportunity moving forward.

"Easy job, very low pay"

Current Employee - Content Coordinator

I have been working at Best Version Media part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, fun to work with people in the neighborhood.

Cons

Pay is very low. It takes minimally 5-10 hours a week to do a passable job. I think I would make more money at Starbucks. I am only doing this because I don't have many options at the moment.

February 5, 2020Media Relations

Thanks for leaving us some feedback. The Content Coordinator opportunity is a great way for talented writers to earn additional income in a flexible, professional setting that keeps them connected in the local community.

Found 275 reviews