Best Version Media Reviews

Updated May 4, 2021

4.4
Pros
  • "BVM offers an opportunity to create a successful business without a large initial investment(in 106 reviews)

• "Be a publisher with unlimited support throughout training, all the way up to Dave Durand the CEO(in 71 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The pay is based on working 20 hours a month, but to produce a high-quality magazine, it takes much more time(in 49 reviews)

• "Same old trouble with "sales people (publishers)" who are unreasonable(in 33 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Best Version Media and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

LOVE working with the BVM team - amazing opportunity

Apr 20, 2021 - Publisher in Wilmington, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with BVM nearly 4 years, and have achieved financial success greater than any previous job/career! My schedule is flexible and as long as I "get up and never give up" I have continued success! Dave Durand is an amazing CEO, and our entire leadership team is top notch. We have so much support and people wanting us to succeed. Amazing culture . . . so thankful for BVM, it has changed my life!

Cons

You need to be disciplined, motivated, and willing to work hard to achieve huge success.

Media Relations

Thanks so much for the review! BVM offers entrepreneurs a flexible work environment and an award-winning culture unlike anywhere else. We're thrilled to hear about your continued success and we're grateful to have you on the team!

2. 5.0

For the Entrepreneur who Wants to Excel

May 4, 2021 - Publisher
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is an entrepreneurial person's dream job. We have flexibility to manage our daily schedules - along with our own earning potential. I love the BVM culture, the opportunity for growth, the emphasis on helping everyone succeed. We receive ongoing coaching, there's always a person or resource to help through different business situations, and each publisher looks to learn from each other. I also appreciate the emphasis on work-life balance here. The work is tough and our schedules are full, but we are able to enjoy weekends, vacations and family time.

Cons

You really have to maintain a positive attitude because this is a daily sales business. This is not a company where someone can "hide" from doing his/her job. It takes a lot of work and diligence to build and maintain a successful magazine - and publishers cannot let up.

Media Relations

We love hearing from the dedicated entrepreneurs who enjoy working with us as Publishers! The BVM opportunity offers an award-winning culture, incredible growth opportunities and a work-life balance you won't find anywhere else. Thanks for the awesome review!

3. 5.0

I can’t stop smiling

Apr 24, 2021 - Publisher in Dayton, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you follow the training and honestly work 40hrs a week you can easily build to making a very stable mid 6-figure yearly income. If you are a top performer, reread the headline of this review. You get paid well for your time and efforts. Very stable income.

Cons

1st-You have to make yourself work. They don’t give you a boss to make you work. 2nd-Their training program works, unlike other companies that give you theory and expect you to be creative and invent new and better ways to do your job. So if you are the type of person that enjoys trying every other way to do something other than the way you were taught or to prove your employer wrong, you will become frustrated to find that the company actually taught you the best way to be successful at this job during the initial training. This is because the leadership has done the job. 3rd-It’s not multi-level-marketing. Instead of enlisting your friends and family to do the work so you can make money by sitting on the sofa, you actually have to work. 4th-You have to be nice to people that are nice to you and you find yourself smiling most of the day. 5th-You can’t work evenings and weekends, only during normal business hours. If your the type of person that has to work 80hrs a week to make the same amount as we do working 40hrs you will definitely find this job frustrating. I took up bee keeping to fill the void. Searching now for my next hobby.

Media Relations

We love hearing from our amazing Publishers! The BVM opportunity offers entrepreneurs unlimited income potential as well as training, resources and ongoing support. Our dedicated leadership team is committed to helping every person we work with find success. Thanks so much for the detailed and positive review!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Version Media is Truly The BEST!

Mar 11, 2021 - Publisher in Colorado Springs, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

BVM has the most positive business culture of any business I've ever known. Everything is extremely positive in all they do. They provide all the tools in their training to become as successful as you could ever want to be. They continually keep providing ongoing support as well as training to always be the best at what we do. We are all in constant contact with others in the company from the top to the bottom to stay informed and up to date on all the latest resources to keep doing a better and better job. Their compensation for what we produce and provide has virtually no limits. They are simply the best company to work with above all others! It is the most rewarding job ever!

Cons

Reality is that BVM provides all that is needed to become very successful but each person working with them has to do their job and do it well. You must be self disciplined and consistently do what is required as part of the deal. It's important to follow the plan laid out by BVM as it's provided. You must be very motivated to be successful, as it should be.

Media Relations

Thank you so much for the review! Our goal is to offer support and training to help every one of our Publishers build a successful business in their local community. Through hard work and commitment, we truly believe anyone can find success working with us.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

I never plan to retire

Apr 14, 2021 - Publisher in Charleston, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company provides great training and support but also the magazines are enjoyed by the residents and appreciated by the sponsors. Connecting people and local businesses in a positive way is what our country needs, now more than ever.

Cons

If you don't have a strong work ethic and personal discipline, this job is tough. No one can do the work for you. You have to prospect, make the calls, fill the calendar with appointments and then do the presentation so that the local business owners can see the value in connecting with that particular neighborhood.

Media Relations

Thank you for the positive feedback! We strive to offer continuous support and guidance so that all of our people can find success through dedication and hard work. We truly believe anyone who is up to the challenge can build a successful business while working with BVM. We're grateful to have you on the team!

6. 5.0

The best decision ever

Apr 28, 2021 - Publisher in Chester, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Autonomy, financial, personal, professional freedom. I determine my value and pay myself accordingly. Culture, fellow Publishers and friends I've made.

Cons

Requires an entrepreneurial spirit, mind-set and discipline. To some that is a con but a requirement in order to achieve goals in this role.

Media Relations

Thanks for the review! BVM Publishers have the exciting opportunity to earn unlimited income as they build their own business.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love, love, love my job (amazing opportunity)!

May 3, 2021 - Publisher in Reno, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, no cap on earnings, tons of amazing support.

Cons

Self motivation, I don't get paid if current clients don't pay.

Media Relations

Thank you so much for the feedback! BVM Publishers build their own business while enjoying a flexible environment and uncapped earning potential.

8. 5.0

No Other Place Like It!

Apr 26, 2021 - Publisher in Vero Beach, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

BVM offers the best support, the most training & the highest commissions in any industry

Cons

There are no downsides to working with BVM!

Media Relations

Thanks for the review! We're so happy to hear you enjoy working with us and have been able to provide for your family. BVM offers uncapped earning potential for entrepreneurs who want to start their own business.

9. 5.0

Growth Opportunities, Fast Paced, Good Culture

Mar 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The growth opportunities at BVM are there if you are determined and want them. Leadership is willing to get you to the place you want to be. They are frequently open to improving processes or presenting a different view point. The fact that this job is fast paced is both a blessing and a curse, but the people I work with both in the office and in the field are what make this job so great!

Cons

As with any company that is growing there are growing pains (lack of direction and process improvements). There tends to be many quick fixes in the company to move on to the next thing versus taking the time to do it correct the first time. The focus in the company tends to fluctuate between new ventures and the standard tried and true business.

Media Relations

Thanks for leaving us a review! Our incredible growth wouldn't be possible without our hardworking staff. We'll use this feedback to continue making improvements moving forward.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing people to work with

Apr 23, 2021 - Publisher in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote you get to work from home! Amazing media savvy people with vast experience in the industry! You get to decide how much money you want to make as per your work ethics.

Cons

None that I can think of

Media Relations

We appreciate the great review! BVM Publishers enjoy a flexible environment and uncapped earning potential along with expert training and support every step of the way.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 334 Reviews