KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Best Version Media Chief Executive Officer Kevin O’ Brien
Kevin O’ Brien

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Schedule was very hectic for little pay.(in 9 reviews)
  • "full commission only and lots and lots of cold calling(in 8 reviews)
  • "No salary until you make minimum sales to support the magazine for at least a year—usually takes 2(in 7 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Best Version Media and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

review

Jun 29, 2022 - Publisher
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love working with BVM as an independent contractor/publisher. You have the benefit of being self employeed along with the support of leadership and the company. If you are a go getter and love to be in control of your schedule and life, I recommend looking into this amazine opportunity

Cons

I can't think of any cons

Media Relations

We are proud of our award-winning culture and we're glad to have you on the team. Thanks for taking time to leave us a review!

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Monthly deadlines and very little pay

Jun 14, 2022 - Editor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours as long as you meet your monthly deadline.

Cons

Be prepared to receive urgent emails at all hours when your deadline is approaching, especially if there is a shortage in submissions. Those deadlines are still there when you're away on vacation. There is often no one there to take up the slack.

Media Relations

The Content Coordinator opportunity allows talented writers to produce content for our local magazines each month. We're committed to making this role the best it can be for everyone and will use this feedback to make improvements.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Opportunity of a lifetime

Jun 6, 2022 - Magazine Publisher in Milwaukee, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

You are in control of your own destiny. You make your own success.

Cons

You need to be motivated, disciplined and structured.

Media Relations

Thanks for the feedback about the BVM Publisher role!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

The Best Decision

Jun 1, 2022 - Publisher
    Business Outlook

Pros

Starting a career with Best Version Media has been one of the best decisions! I am able to have flexibility between work and personal life and meet so many wonderful people in my community. You are in charge of your income, so that is always the motivation behind wanting to succeded!

Cons

I don't really have any

Media Relations

We love providing flexibility and support to our amazing Publishers! Thank you for the review!

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good company

May 27, 2022 - Associate Publisher in Visalia, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are a very goal oriented company. Enjoyed working there

Cons

Could be more engaging with employees

Media Relations

Thank you for leaving us a review! Working with BVM means joining an award-winning culture and having all the tools needed for success.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great job

May 19, 2022 - Graphic Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work remotely on your own hours

Cons

Commissions are a headache at times

Media Relations

Thanks for leaving us some feedback!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Workplace Culture is the BEST!

May 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best Version Media has the BEST workplace culture that I've ever been apart of. The positive atmosphere everyone brings to the workplace makes me feel comfortable and confident in the work I produce. Everyone is understanding and flexible when it comes to your work and they want you to succeed. If you're looking to be part of a great work environment that cares about your work life balance, this is the place for you!

Cons

None that I can think of

Media Relations

Thanks for the great feedback! We take pride in offering an award-winning culture that helps every professional become the best version of themselves.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

best place to work!

May 4, 2022 - Associate Publisher
    Business Outlook

Pros

best support system I've ever experienced in a company. I am an independent contractor and it can be hard to be self motivating at times. however, I don't struggle with motivation because with BVM you have all the support in the world. They are positive and constantly looking for new ways to be be better.

Cons

I don't believe there are any cons. they are honest and upfront on what to expect.

Media Relations

Thanks for the great feedback! Our goal at BVM is provide the training and resources it takes to help our people build successful businesses.

9. 5.0

Well oiled machine

May 3, 2022 - Publisher in Richmond, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The training is top notch The company is well organized and all departments know what is expected of them and they execute well and work together. The culture, attitudes, support and philosophy is very positive

Cons

There is not a downside. You are the only thing that can hold you back from being successful

Media Relations

Thank you for the review! The BVM Publisher role offers the exciting opportunity to build a business in the local community. We're glad to hear you enjoy working with BVM!

10. 5.0

Great Company

May 3, 2022 - Publisher in West Sayville, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team work and support is great

Cons

I have not experienced any in the 6 months I am here.

Media Relations

Thanks for taking some time to leave us a review! We take pride in our supportive culture and we're happy to have you on the team!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 416 Reviews

Best Version Media Reviews FAQs

Best Version Media has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 587 reviews left anonymously by employees. 90% of employees would recommend working at Best Version Media to a friend and 88% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Best Version Media employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Best Version Media. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

90% of Best Version Media employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Best Version Media 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Best Version Media to be senior leadership, management, career development and the cons to be benefits, compensation.

Popular Careers with Best Version Media Job Seekers