Best Version Media "best version media" Reviews | Glassdoor

Best Version Media Employee Reviews about "best version media"

Updated Nov 9, 2019

4.4
Pros
  • "The employees at BVM are great people to work with(in 103 reviews)

• "Best Version Media offers great education to help you get started as a magazine publisher(in 72 reviews)

Cons
  • "Pay is 100% commission so without success BVM can be very tough(in 45 reviews)

• "People will think you are crazy for 'working for free' to launch a magazine(in 44 reviews)

Reviews about "best version media"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Best version of a job"

Current Employee - Associate Publisher

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time

Pros

The level of autonomy to run your OWN business with the support of Best Version Media is definitely a pro for a self starter who knows how to get the job done without a “boss”- but the support you will receive from others in the company is consistent and effective.

Cons

This job wouldn’t be right for someone who needs to punch a clock and be told what to do. You need a high level of conviction and a desire to help your community.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!

Best Version Media2019-11-09

"Turnover ..but it's sales"

Former Employee - Director in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Best Version Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good leadership ..good chance to make good money...

Cons

Listen I've worked at cutco....N2 and best version... Fact is the product renewal is aweful ;once captive long-term contracts are over.Thats nobody's fault..just not a good model for the customer.Top neighborhoods with wealth don't look at magazines for their clients;it's silly actually to think a millionaire and his wife are gonna make decisions from a neighborhood magazine..Really think about it

Best Version Media2019-10-30

"Dream Job"

Current Employee - Publisher in Cary, NC

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

You become an influence either in your neighborhood or in a particular area of the city. You get to help people that own small businesses in and around that area as well. Best Version Media gives you all of the tools to be successful, but you it is up to you.

Cons

You don't get paid right away, but they are up front about that.

Best Version Media2019-06-10
  4. "Amazing Company"

Current Freelancer - Publisher in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Best Version Media for less than a year

Pros

Love the company. They are truly a professional sales company that understands their product, their publishers and their clients. They produce a world class product and are probably one best firms I have ever worked with that understands and provides true support and inspiration. They always have a "can-do" management style and their people are extremely well trained, professional and very kind to everyone they meet.... I have yet to meet a group of individuals that are so passionate about what they do and they have their own people sacrifice so much to make others successful. A rare and amazing culture in this highly cynical society of ours. They are true to themselves from the CEO- Dave Durand to the "janitor" they are authentic. They know who they are as leaders, they know their purpose and mission and they remember to remind how amazing you are...everyday! I mean everyday! To the point of going OMG...Can you wait a second..."wait a second" is not happening at BVM. They are moving at light speed, they take you with them at that speed, and would never ever leave you alone or behind for any reason. They deeply care about people and your well being and as making you as successful as you want to be! I have enjoyed a very successful 30 year marketing career working in over 200 different industries around the world and I feel uniquely qualified to be able provide this critique of Best Version Media. I love working with them.

Cons

If I come up with one that means anything at all...I'll post it.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and keep looking to the future.

Best Version Media2019-01-31

"I am so happy to be a part of BVM"

Current Employee - Publisher in Chambersburg, PA

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

Best Version Media is an Opportunity to start your own business, but also have the support of others so you do not feel like you are alone. You have the flexibility to make your own schedule because you are your own Publisher but you have a team of People that genuinely care about you and want to see you succeed in your business. They give you all the tools to successfully run your business and even have daily... Conference calls for questions and helpful tips. The CEO is personable and is a part of all training again showing how much he truly cares about each of our individual successes. I am so happy to be a part of a company that cares about their People the way BVM does, and I am excited to keep growing my career as a Publisher.

Cons

Starting your own publication can take a few months but some have been able to do it in weeks. The opportunities are there and you have all the support you need to get your publication to print. I have not gone to someone for help where I felt like they did not solve my concerns immediately. Honestly they have gone above and beyond on numerous occasions to assist in any way possible.

Best Version Media2018-12-18

"Here's what it really is"

Current Freelancer - Content Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Best Version Media for less than a year

Pros

No pros. Don't fall for this. You're smarter than that.

Cons

I responded to a job posting for a content coordinator from a publisher. After some research and a review of the 'neighborhood magazine', I realized Best Version Media is making a buttload of money selling an ad-based publishing format to a growing network of would-be publishers. These publishers must be their own sales agent and obtain ads (and supply content) to create an outdated media outlet - a print magazine... - about a neighborhood. I've been writing and editing content long enough to know that nobody wants to read 'highlight' stories about their neighbors. And I've been working long enough to understand that if you're giving a bunch of time, money and hard work to a company (NOT your own business) and receiving nothing in return, something is awry.

Advice to Management

Stop bashing all of the negative reviews on here. You're defensive and wordy about how wonderful BVM is, and it speaks volumes about what BVM REALLY is - a scam.

Best Version Media2018-11-02

"Magazine Publisher"

I worked at Best Version Media full-time

Pros

Best Version Media offers great education to help you get started as a magazine publisher. Their extensive training program will have you ready to hit the ground running and selling advertising quickly. In addition, you'll have an on-going support system to provide ideas and motivated.

Cons

You'll find the cold calls to be quite grueling.

Best Version Media2018-09-18
  8. "Painless but Pointless"

Current Contractor - Content Coordinator

I have been working at Best Version Media for less than a year

Pros

The pay for hours expected from content coordinators is fantastic. Submission of content is simple, and there is nothing in the way of edits or changes that demand more time after submission. Sometimes featured families express that they liked what you wrote. You have a lot of autonomy to write whatever you want.

Cons

The publication I work for is ad-littered and appears cheap. It's hard to get families interested in sending information for the features, and there is zero community involvement or submissions. I get the feeling it's not read at all by anyone. There is no guidance, leadership, management, connection to team members within Best Version Media. My efforts to reach out to community leaders to get info for the... publication were never responded to. They might see it for what it is: A cash grab no one asked for.

Advice to Management

Share distribution numbers and process with your content coordinators. I had to ask where this thing was even printed or sent to.

Best Version Media2018-09-06
  9. "Publisher"

Current Contractor - Publisher in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Best Version Media for less than a year

Pros

The CEO and staff are excellent at mentoring and supporting each publisher. BVM encourages employees to be the best version of themselves making sure they have time to put family first.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

Advice to Management

keep up the work

Best Version Media2018-08-09

"Terrific People, Great Company! Don't pass up this opportunity if invited to join."

Current Employee - Publisher in Panama City, FL

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been in the media business for over 35 years. I’ve worked with some really good companies (WCVB-TV, Boston, for example) and some not so. Without hesitation, Best Version Media ranks among the best, made so by the people of BVM—quality professionals and genuinely good folks who want to help publishers succeed. The culture centers on a professional will, a compassionate heart, and a fun-loving spirit, all... wrapped in a virtue of humility. The company is family and hobby friendly, and provides publishers the opportunity to be in business for themselves without being in business by themselves. As the name suggests, Best Version Media gives us the tools, support, and encouragement to be the best version of ourselves.

Cons

This is a great company offering a tremendous opportunity to those who embrace the culture and work hard to succeed. If you have a deep sense of personal responsibility and a will to be the best, you will understand why there are no cons.

Best Version Media2018-02-06