Best Version Media "bvm" Reviews | Glassdoor

Best Version Media Employee Reviews about "bvm"

Updated Nov 9, 2019

4.4
Pros
  • "The employees at BVM are great people to work with(in 103 reviews)

• "Best Version Media offers great education to help you get started as a magazine publisher(in 72 reviews)

Cons
  • "Pay is 100% commission so without success BVM can be very tough(in 45 reviews)

• "People will think you are crazy for 'working for free' to launch a magazine(in 44 reviews)

Reviews about "bvm"

Return to all Reviews
  1. Featured Review

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company culture is unbeatable. I love how flexible my schedule is. Having a healthy work-life balance is super important to me.

Cons

So far no cons for BVM!

Best Version Media2019-04-08
  2. "Extremely Supportive and Welcoming Company"

Current Employee - Publisher in Clarkston, MI

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

I just started working with BVM, and already feel like part of the family. Every level of management is supportive and encouraging - every step of the way. I couldn't ask for a better opportunity with a better company!

Cons

I have no cons to share at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. It works!

Best Version Media2019-11-09
  3. "Never have I been so excited for a new job!"

Current Employee - Publisher in Rockwall, TX

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture is outstanding and highly guarded by the community of BVM. There is so much flexibility, as I have an evening job and plan to do this during the day. The potential for long term financial security is outstanding.

Cons

None that I can see

Best Version Media2019-10-30
  4. "An opportunity like no other! Not for the complacent or comfortable!"

Former Employee - Publisher

I worked at Best Version Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

Absolutely everything! Nothing in life comes easy and BVM provides you all the tools, training, support, and guidance like I've never seen before. Integrity is a huge part of their culture and they only spend time elevating peoples growth rather than putting them down. I can go on and on but it is a true blessing to be part of this company and culture. -great commission - flexible schedule (you put in what you... get) - great tools and resources to help you be successful. - great staff and management -unbelievable team

Cons

I cant think of any ....honestly.

Best Version Media2019-10-20

"This is a great opportunity for well disciplined, dedicated achievers."

Current Employee - Publisher in Potomac, MD

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

BVM offers an opportunity to create a successful business without a large initial investment. It does require you to cover your own expenses to get started, but in addition to offering bonuses to cover some start up expenses, BVM lays out a clear blue print to become profitable in less than 60 days. I built my business to profitable status in the first 75 days and knowing what I know now, I realize I found have... done it in half that time if i had been more disciplined.

Cons

You have to push yourself to be successful. No one is going to give you quotas, or check your activity. if you are lazy, or not motivated, you will not do the things necessary to succeed. You are the boss, so you are responsible for all the success, or all the failure.

Advice to Management

Please make it a little harder for new publishers to get started. The fact that you give so many people the opportunity means some life long losers slip through the cracks and won't do the work. Then they complain that BVM was the problem. My business is growing at exactly the speed that matches my activity. If I want faster growth, I need to increase my activity. Underachievers will always blame everyone but... themselves. I wish I found this opportunity 10 years ago!

Best Version Media2019-08-27

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Associate Publisher in Muncie, IN

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company. You will hear from top level management on a daily basis. You receive training and advice from people who have been successful at BVM. There is a great ceiling for earnings.

Cons

Pay is 100% commission so without success BVM can be very tough. Sales are not easy but definitely achievable.

Best Version Media2019-07-23

"Most rewarding work in my career"

Current Contractor - Publisher in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Best Version Media for less than a year

Pros

Working for your self but not by your self with the support of BVM in all aspects. An incredible opportunity giving you the freedom of owning your own business with opportunity for financial freedom. It provides a platform for your voice in the community while serving and connecting neighbors and business owners

Cons

no downside that I can see

Advice to Management

continue to encourage each of us to become the best version of ourselves while building community and bringing people together

Best Version Media2019-06-21
  8. "Real Deal"

Current Employee - Publisher

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

I would love to say the 80% commision is number one but its not. Very close though. The support and the culture is what makes this company the real deal. I always thought company culture was a cheesy thing to care about and it only meant you werent going to make a lot of money so they compensated you with culture. Not the case here. All the help you need you get it. The money comes shortly after. You just have... to do it its possible for anyone that wants to do it. It sounds complicated but its really not. Look at all the awards BVM has won in the business world. It's legit.

Cons

Its kind of hard. Like everything else in life. Duh :) (like i said though you have help, all that you need)

Advice to Management

Nada

Best Version Media2019-05-30

"101"

Current Freelancer - Information Systems Coordinator

I have been working at Best Version Media for less than a year

Pros

I just got off the phone with BVM to understand more of how the business works. It's $5,000 worth of ad sales to local businesses in your residence before any income is gained on the your end (which they title as a "publisher"). Then they send their magazine out via mail to micro-targeted residents from their marketing team located in WI.

Cons

Attendance to a training seminar is mandatory in Wisconsin. Having to take a trip out of state before I can make $5,000 worth of sales- which is the minimum amount of ad sales one would have to make before gaining an income, makes this a whole lot of up-front expenses on my end, and a whole lot of trust to an out of state marketing team to the local businesses whom I would try to sell to. I may be wrong but this... does not sound like a viable business model.

Best Version Media2019-06-06

"BVM is a great company to work for!"

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love being able to enjoy a work-life balance and a flexible schedule. The employees at BVM are great people to work with!

Cons

There are no cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue emphasizing the great culture you've created!

Best Version Media2019-04-08