BestIT Reviews in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

Harry Curtin

1. "Work in BestIT"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Architect in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Architect in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at BestIT full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People are incredibly smart + passionate
    Pay is competitive
    Good benefits
    Fairly transparent and approachable leadershi

Cons

Dont have much bad to share

Advice to Management

keep communicate
    Continue to develop people to become stronger

"Architect"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at BestIT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay, friendly atmosphere to start with.

Cons

The owners have very few scruples, they lie to employee's and customers.

Advice to Management

Get a new line of work.

"Amateur Leadership. Amateur Solutions. Amateur Racing."

I worked at BestIT full-time

Pros

Free snacks (sometimes) available in the break room for when you were expected to work through lunch or stay late. You will appreciate previous employers (and future) much more after the experience. High turnover, so lots of new faces, and you likely will not be around long either after seeing how the place is run.

Cons

Inept, dishonest, and arrogant management. The "leadership" roles are filled with people who talk big, but cannot deliver. People are constantly hired or fired based on prospective deals that almost always fall through once the potential customer sees through the gimmick. If you end up coming here and are actually introduced to people, ask how long they have been employed. Also, try looking for their name plate of their desk to see if it matches - they have likely been shuffled around on "visitor" days in order to make the office seem full. Just search for the long list of previous BestIT employees on social media. Or instead of social media, just look at the "leadership" page of BestIT's website itself. Around ten of the twelve people listed are no longer with the company. There is a reason so many last for just a few months.

Advice to Management

Update your website, or at least your twitter feed. Maybe if you can handle that, you can move on to real responsibility.

"Amateur leadership"

Former Employee - Data Architect in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Data Architect in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at BestIT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is decent. Benefits good. Location central. Free soda and snacks when they are profitable.

Cons

No leadership! No understanding of operating IT projects with project requirements or plans.
    Micro manage you with misguided effort.
    Good propel are let go when project ends. It's a subcontractors nightmare. It's not hiring anyone to keep long term. Owners are rude and don't listen to other employees. It's been a trip. Not recommended for long term.

Advice to Management

Bring in a true IT professional partner to lead you or fail. Hire a strong SE and partner with other IT vendors to specialize on subject areas. Get certified in some it areas. You are to unfocused. Develop yiour own strategy roadmap and build it out.

"Surprised this place is still in business"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at BestIT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at BestIT will give a good perspective on how low a company can sink as far as ethics are concerned. You may be asked to embellish a resume in order for sales to try to win a bid. In fact, your resume may even be in use after you've been laid off! You may also be asked to place some RSA secureID tokens in front of a webcam so your offshore counterparts can view them, certainly violating previous agreements with the customer and owner of the secureID tokens. You may be asked to move desks temporarily while a customer is on site, giving the illusion of an office full of employees. You may even be asked to write a positive Glassdoor review in order to push the truthful reviews off the front page.

Cons

After a short while you will realize you were lied during every step of the hiring process. Colleagues disappear frequently. The break room isn't always stocked. You'll start worrying if your paycheck will even arrive.

Advice to Management

Hope you haven't wasted all the money on cars.

7. "Good memories at Bestit"

Former Employee - Windows Systems Administrator in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at BestIT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Progressive company that gives employees ample opportunity for growth and advancement.

Cons

Personally I have not experienced any cons in this role. My only hope is that they continue to strive to be the best.

Advice to Management

NONE

8. "A growing company"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

I loved it, and it was painful to leave. I met some of my best friends there.
    Many opportunities to develop professional skills and progress your career goals.

Cons

Company changing due to competitive pressures

Advice to Management

No comments at this moment.

9. "The Company isn't as bad as past employees make it out to be."

Current Contractor - Database Development Lead in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Contractor - Database Development Lead in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at BestIT as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The people in the Phoenix off are great, the atmosphere is a fun relax place to get work done. They do great work for the community and you have every chance to work on any project that comes up, It's a Team environment and I will miss them as my project completed and the work is done.

Cons

Every Company has a few bad apples like Southwest Airlines, they are a great company, just because you have 1 bad experience with a flight or flight crew, doesn't make the company bad. This has been identified and the company is working to make it better.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent, this is a small family (Company) people (Employee's) like to hear what's going on (Good or Bad)

10. "Happy work"

Former Employee - Linux Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Linux Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at BestIT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very smart people
    Always a challenge
    Opportunities available if you want them

Cons

lots of change but that has settled down some recently.

Advice to Management

continue to build a great team - continue to retain and develop.

11. "One of the best places I've ever worked for..."

Current Employee - Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at BestIT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great mix of skilled people with wonderful personalities. I enjoy coming to work every day. Everyone is treated equally, whether they are jr. staff or executive management. Even the CEO sits in a cube with the rest of us. We have fun, and we work hard. But the importance for time off is not lost- and it is given to us to ensure we have time with family, rest, and rejuvenate. The level of collaboration just can't be beat. Its like no other place I've worked at before.

Cons

Travel can get heavy at times. This is to be expected when you lead the life of a successful professional. Executive leadership tries to temper this whenever they can- and they are good at giving some extra time off. Training needs attention- there is a lack of support for professional training.

Advice to Management

Consider adding a training budget for every employee and require that they complete XX hours of professional training every year.