Bethpage FCU Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bethpage FCU CEO Wayne Grossé
Wayne Grossé

Pros
Cons
  • There are no cons to working at this institution (in 8 reviews)

• Bethpage is a great place to work (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - BSA Analyst in Bethpage, NY
    Current Employee - BSA Analyst in Bethpage, NY

I have been working at Bethpage FCU full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with Bethpage for 10 years now and I couldn't be happier. Bethpage treats all of their employees with kindness and provides every opportunity for advancement. I started as a PT teller in college and I have worked my way up the ranks and have a career for myself. Not only are there advancement opportunities, but they listen and utilize employee feedback in decisions. Plus there are so many sponsored events to help employees socialize, like paint nights and sports teams. I would definitely recommend Bethpage to anyone looking for a friendly and caring work environment.

Cons

Non that I can think of.

Bethpage FCU Response

Apr 13, 2017 – VP, HR & Learning

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Bethpage is a great place to work because of employees like you! We’re happy to hear you’re enjoying the fantastic wellness activities we have to ... More

2. "I love working here!"

Current Employee - Corporate Adminstaton in Bethpage, NY
    Current Employee - Corporate Adminstaton in Bethpage, NY

I have been working at Bethpage FCU full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bethpage has given me so many different opportunities to grow within the company. I was able to experience many different roles due to multiple promotions in my 3 years at BFCU. I started as a part-time teller and had no idea how much Bethpage had to offer and how I would be able to grow and create a career for myself. Bethpage has impacted my personal life and my professional life in so many unexplainable, but thankful ways.

Cons

There is nothing at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging us to be the best possible version of ourselves!

3. "Mortgage Loan Officer"

I have been working at Bethpage FCU full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great amount/sources of leads, great compensation, great company to work for, room for growth, always promoting from within, community involvement, provides several activities/sports for employees

Cons

no cons come to mind

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and expand through our Nationwide Charter

5. "Caring, Friendly Company"

Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Bethpage, NY
    Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Bethpage, NY

I have been working at Bethpage FCU full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As well as caring for it's members, Bethpage truly cares about all the employees, and offers plenty of free services such as counseling, development classes, free sports teams, paint nights, etc. There are also plenty of social events for employees, and free breakfast and lunch occasionally. Everyone I have met here is super friendly, its unbelievable. Promotions are usually from within the company, which gives current employees a better chance to move up or move around. I started as a part-time teller, and within 6 months, I was moved into a full-time position in the back office. My department and the company has grown substantially in the past year and a half that I have worked here, and it looks that it will continue to grow.

Cons

Jobs in the branches have weird hours, such as Saturdays or late nights.

6. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Commercial Relationship Manager in Bethpage, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Commercial Relationship Manager in Bethpage, NY

I have been working at Bethpage FCU full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employee, member and community focused. The company understands that providing great customer service starts with their employees. Tremendous opportunity for advancement. Has a personal feel unlike working for large institutions.

Cons

None to mention at this time.

Advice to Management

Stay the course.

7. "Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nassau, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nassau, NY

I have been working at Bethpage FCU full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been a Bethpage employee for 14 years and it is truly one of the best companies I have worked for. They believe in the philosophy of promoting within and put their member's first when making decisions. It is a company that strongly believes in the philosophy of "giving back" to the community we serve.

Cons

More options for tuition reimbursement

8. "Mortgage Originations"

I have been working at Bethpage FCU full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a pro employee and member company that cares about its employees and members by giving them the benefit of the doubt. Without the burden of stockholders the cr union is able to move quickly and make quick business decisions resulting in higher profits which lead to better rates for members.

Cons

Small footprint in the five boros of NYC.
    Although a con now, presents opportunities in the near future.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and expand slowly as our industry is subject to many changes with a new administration which may reverse prior changes from previous administrations.

9. "Bethpage is a great place to work"

I have been working at Bethpage FCU full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working for Bethpage is excellent. The company truly values the work/life balance that most in the working force seek but are unable to obtain. As a whole, Bethpage values not only its membership but each of the individuals that work for them. There is an importance placed and investment made in bettering each employee whether it be through the great benefit programs, community service opportunities or career advancement ability.

Cons

Bethpage is a great place to work. Not any cons that I can think of at the moment.

10. "Mortgage Loan Officer"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Melville, NY

I have been working at Bethpage FCU full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company's focus is on "enriching" lives. Not only do they live by this brand everyday in the ways that they treat their members, but also how they treat their employees. Its an exceptional organization to work for.

Cons

Now that the credit union has the ability to lend virtually anywhere in the country, there really isn't any cons about working for the company...

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I have worked in the mortgage industry for over 30 years, and I thoroughly enjoy working for Bethpage FCU.

11. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Outside Motgage Loan Officer in Albertson, NY
    Current Employee - Outside Motgage Loan Officer in Albertson, NY

I have been working at Bethpage FCU full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working at Bethpage Federal Credit Union has enabled me to grow as a Loan Officer.
    Since we are not for profit and owned by our members, we have a special opportunity to offer the best!! A wide variety of mortgage products, minimal origination fees, great rates and a team focused on the providing an outstanding member experience. I appreciate how we hear our employees’ voices and encourage participation in order to help us learn and grow.

Cons

There are no cons to working at this institution. I would recommend employment here to my family and friends.

Advice to Management

I’m proud to be celebrating my 16th year at Bethpage Federal Credit Union and I look forward to many many more! Keep up the good work!