Bethpage Federal Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Bethpage Federal Credit Union CEO Wayne Grossé
Wayne Grossé

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "There’s really no cons I can think of" (in 13 reviews)

• "Not enough staff and seems like schedule challenges are never ending" (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Awesome place to work."

Current Employee - Loans/Member Services in Bethpage, NY
    Current Employee - Loans/Member Services in Bethpage, NY

I have been working at Bethpage Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They definitely try to do their best to make us happy and motivate us to do the best job we can. The benefits are great. The 401k is amazing. There’s a positive and supportive culture of learning and motivating.

Cons

Listen, every job can be stressful but Bethpage does everything they can to try and alleviate that stress and let us know they care about us. There’s really no cons I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing.

2. "Teller"

I have been working at Bethpage Federal Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working for bethpage . The members are so nice . Management works with you’re schedule. I love how Bethpage cares about their employees , from the food , parties ,book clubs , volunteering , mentoring getaways ,reimbursements for gym membership,weightloss plans, and as little as having coffee or tea everyday and snacks . Managers create innovative ways to keep work alive and with great energy . I don’t mind the goals , their attainable .

Cons

Higher pay for tellers .we do amazing work everyday . We interact with members the most. New ATMs please!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Being positive in all situations.

Bethpage Federal Credit Union Response

Dec 10, 2018 – VP, HR & Learning

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We’re so glad you enjoy working at Bethpage and are participating in some of our organizations groups and activities. At Bethpage, our compensation... More

3. "Great Place to Work"

I worked at Bethpage Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Great benefits, great flexibility with scheduling, good, friendly environment to work in.

Cons

Becoming a lot more sales-driven, starting to turn more into a bank. Level of service expectations between branches is not consistent and/or uniform across all of them.

4. "Great Work Place"

I have been working at Bethpage Federal Credit Union part-time

Pros

I'm working with some of the greatest managers I have ever worked for. They are truly inspiring. Bethpage FCU is a great place to work, they keep things fun and upbeat!

Cons

Not enough full time positions

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

5. "Teller"

Former Employee - Manager in West Hempstead, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in West Hempstead, NY

I worked at Bethpage Federal Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ideal work environment, with benefits and opportunity to move up in the company. Many locations to choose from with open door policy to move and learn laterally in different positions.

Cons

Out sourcing jobs, as well as security within the branch for all locations. Even pay rate with all the branches across Long Island.

Advice to Management

Higher and even pay rate. longer lunch breaks, the 30 min lunch breaks are not a sufficient amount of time to recoup during the work day.

"A miserable place to work"

Former Employee - Web Developer in Bethpage, NY
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Bethpage, NY

I worked at Bethpage Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent pay/benefits, nice looking offices, but comes at a hefty price. See cons...

Cons

If you love being constantly stressed, micro-managed, and over-worked; do I have the workplace for you.

You'll be introduced to a two-week long training course that may not even relate to the job you were hired for. Then you'll have to retake each test again every year you are hired.

If your unlucky enough to work in Bethpage's creative department, you'll also be introduced to a terrible Agile work environment. where you'll get a list of projects to work on for the next two weeks -- at the end of a Friday, no less.

Enjoy a never-ending barrage of hour long meetings throughout your day, where you'll get no work done. Instead you'll waste your time and energy listening to higher-ups talk about their direction for projects and ideas for the direction of your department.

Lose a ton of weight as you sweat through your work week, hoping to chip away at your to-do list, only to have more 'interruptions' thrown your way.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites with new hires. Get your act together and plan out projects well in advance. Stop bombarding your work team with a never-ending list of work, that feels extremely overwhelming and daunting.

7. "Enriching lives of employees, members, and their communities!"

Current Employee - Head Teller in Valley Stream, NY
    Current Employee - Head Teller in Valley Stream, NY

I have been working at Bethpage Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Top to bottom, Bethpage truly cares about the well being of its employees. This results in excellent service to members and their communities. Bethpage provides countless opportunities to learn and develop in roles that aligns with an employee's career goals. Bethpage plays a key role in employee engagement through their implementation of clubs, activities, volunteer programs, tuition reimbursement, health seminars, etc.

Cons

No locations outside of New York!

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the employee as they are the source to continued success!

8. "We work hard & enjoy the rewards of what our hard work produces."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethpage, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethpage, NY

I have been working at Bethpage Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working at Bethpage is like working with family. We are growing at a fast pace but Bethpage still keeps the small company vibe. There are so many clubs for employees to join, love that they pay for us to participate in walk/runs throughout the community! There is so many other clubs to join and socialize with coworkers outside of work. There is insensitives and motivators to do well. Great training and room to grow. We get free Dunkin donuts coffee to start the morning right. We have summer BBQs just to name a few benefits.

Cons

There isn't any cons if you are willing to work, you will be rewarded and grow your career at a fast pace.

Advice to Management

Keep what you are doing.

9. "Retail Banking Specialist"

Pros

Bethpage is a great place to work! Many opportunities. They care about their employees, work/life balance.

Cons

None that I can think of...

10. "We Care About What You Care About."

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in New York, NY

Pros

Bethpage always delivers, whether it's providing free lunches and incentives for all of their employees(old or new) to celebrating member appreciation day with a ton of give aways for our members. I cannot see myself working elsewhere.

Cons

None at all. Fair pay and fair opportunities for everyone.