BevForce Reviews | Glassdoor

Josh Wand

"Opportunities"

Former Employee - Recruiting Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiting Manager in New York, NY

I worked at BevForce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is an incredible place for growth. When I joined the company I was new to agency recruiting (had experience with in-house recruiting) but was hired based on potential. It was a leap for me, but that decision was the best career decision I made in the past 10 years. As long as you demonstrate an eagerness to learn and a commitment to getting the job done, the opportunities are endless. I had the chance to learn staffing and become a pro at LinkedIn recruiter. I participated in business development efforts and had a ton of client- facing opportunities, and I was encouraged to create and enhance many initiatives, including starting a new business unit and helping to create a networking event.

I also had an opportunity to build and lead a team, and was given support for management training, both internal as well as financial assistance to go to external and industry trainings.

The best part of working at Bevforce was the people. By far they were the best group of people I've ever worked with, and I still call many of them close friends.

Josh, the founder, has always been supportive of me, in both my personal and professional goals. He promoted me while I was pregnant (who does that?) and was completely flexible with my schedule once my daughter was born.

I also had the chance to work with some really cool candidates and clients. Working with founders of high-growth food and beverage is really cool - I could walk through whole foods and tell friends the brand stories behind all the most popular brands - it was really awesome and my friends always loved that I was introducing them to a new brand with an interesting story.

I was exposed to so much at this company, and am eternally grateful for all that I learned while there. I grew so much over my 4 year tenure, and would not have the career I have today if it weren't for "the force."

If you have an opportunity to work there - grab it.

Cons

They aren't cons, more words of advice:

- if you take a job there, be willing to work very hard. If you demonstrate you are engaged and committed, you will have endless opportunities. If you want a job to "coast" and just pay the bills, this is not the job for you.

- there is some night and weekend work. That is the nature of working with passive candidates and entrepreneurs. It's not a lot and very manageable, but if a candidate can only talk at 8 pm, you make yourself available (you don't need to be in the office to take the call)

- I worked with an incredible entry-level recruiter who made six figures her first year. That is rare, but can be done. She worked hard, worked smart, was eager to learn, and was committed to getting the job done. Typically, you are making that kind of cash in your 2nd year, and there are recruiters there making well in to the six figures. If you go in with an attitude of eagerness and wanting to prove yourself, it will pay off financially, but you may not see the results for a few months while you "gear up" - stick with it - it's worth it.

- you absolutely need to have the right attitude to work there and be successful. If you are hard-working, eager to learn and enthusiastic about bevforce's mission, then this job is def for you. The office space is really cool (jeans, dog friendly, basketball hoop, etc) - if you left the in person interview dying to work there, then this is probably the job for you. If you left and felt "on the fence" and not sure you want to work hard or didn't "connect" with your interviewers, find something else.

Advice to Management

Stay engaged and committed to helping your employees grow. Continue to remember your employees are people first.

I had the above from josh while I worked there, and have the same even now that I don't. I'm proud to consider the founder a mentor and friend, even though I no longer work for him.

2. "working at BF"

Pros

Great people, fun environment, growing company where you can take agency over your work. Founder and management were incredibly smart and good at what they did

Cons

not much room for growth if you're not a recruiter

Advice to Management

A bit more structure and formal training would be great

"Fun, exciting, & growing with a few notes for improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

-Great company culture - everyone here is super interesting and the team is incredibly diverse.
    -People here in general work hard and get along well.
    -The office is INCREDIBLE... beautiful, open, historic loft in Tribeca.
    -The clients we work with are really interesting (I love being able to try and learn about new brands before they get big and follow their journey).
    -We always have a bunch of food and drink in the office and catered lunch on Friday.
    -Health Benefits are generous (100% coverage).
    -There is also lots of growth happening here too, both for individual peoples' careers but also in terms of general hiring/headcount.
    -There's a lot of flexibility internally in terms of changing roles.
    -Lastly, company events - both formal and informal -- are a ton of fun and very anti-corporate.

Cons

-As a growing company, the lack of structure is sometimes annoying but you at least can see some progress. It's getting better all the time.
    -Notable amount of micromanaging
    -The office also gets really noisy because it's open concept.
    -The vacation/sick policy isn't very good. It's a standard number of days lumped together for everything. This encourages people to come in when they're sick and then they end up spreading it around and making it worse.
    -Working from home has been frowned upon heavily in the past (though that's changing, which is good).
    -Compensation has historically been a little lower/below market compared to bigger or venture-backed companies.

Advice to Management

-Give employees the flexibility and TRUST they deserve. A lot of good companies now have embraced the unlimited/flexible vacation and remote work concept with success. This should be a privilege to all and then addressed on an as-needed basis for people who abuse it or don't get their work done (not the other way around).

5. "Good People"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at BevForce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I typically do not write reviews, but a review came to my attention and I thought I would respond and share a couple thoughts of my recent experience especially since I think people possibly post under the wrong companies (for example, I was looking for ForceBrands) or don't provide constructive criticism, rather personal opinions. Although only there a short time, so I can't speak to too much, I can say the people are friendly and it is a nice group. They were very helpful assisting me in traveling there for training at their headquarters in NY, and Management/HR were polite and respectful, even when we parted ways.

Every company has a different culture (or business model, procedures, it could be any number of things), and each culture isn't right for every person. It doesn't always mean there is something wrong with that company or that individual, it just may not be the best fit for one, or both, of the parties.

Cons

I was not there long enough to give specifics that relate to the position, so I cannot speak to that.

Advice to Management

Again, I was not there long enough to give pertinent advice. Just wanted to share my overall experience.

"Loved the team..."

Former Employee - Career Concierge in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Career Concierge in New York, NY

I worked at BevForce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you worked in the staffing industry, you know that the game doesn't change no matter who you are representing. Having said that, wouldn't you rather be somewhere that has the an amazing office space, a great and fun loving team, as well as the opportunity to meet the clients and learn their story.

When I started at BevForce, I was provided information on the food and beverage industries, breakdowns about the brand, and lingo regarding the differences in the way liquor can be sold in different states. I had regular sit downs with my manager, who went over area's I could improve, or team members that could help me over come certain hurdles. The training provided was very adequate, especially if you weren't a first year recruiter.

One of the most positive aspects of this role was there were NO KPI's. No one was monitoring my calls/minutes on the phone or any of those other horrible metrics. The only metric that mattered at the end of the day was the placement.

If you are in the staffing industry you can appreciate the draw vs commission structure, and just like any other agency... if you perform, you make $$$.

Cons

-Hold on to bad clients too long. When clients are non responsive, or disinterested in the process, leadership needs to pull it from the recruiters work load until they have connected with the clients
    -Verticals should not have the same expectations. A sales rep should not be viewed the same as a Director or VP level in how the search is moving along.

Advice to Management

The brand is growing, and things change. Communication and open dialogue (ask the employees how they feel) will really help moving things forward.

7. "Fun & Fast"

Current Intern - Business Development in New York, NY
    Current Intern - Business Development in New York, NY

I have been working at BevForce as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

People are young, energetic, and enthusiastic
    CEO is available and open to suggestions

Cons

Unpaid internship in the city

"Amazing place to work!"

Pros

* Very talented, committed and passionate team
    * Phenomenal corporate culture
    * Opportunity for growth

Cons

* Expectations are really high