KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Part of Gopuff
Engaged Employer

Add a Review

BevMo! Employee Reviews about "flexible schedule"

Updated Nov 15, 2021

Found 22 of over 530 reviews

3.1
BevMo! President and CEO Josiah Knutsen (no image)
Josiah Knutsen

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Store manager is an idiot!! Low pay!! Can't move up unless you kiss to the right people!! Inconsistent hours!!(in 46 reviews)
  • "site over poor management.(in 33 reviews)
  • "I was put on the floor the first day they opened with no training at all!(in 24 reviews)
  • "+(multiple stores) managers don't back you up & are disrespectful(in 19 reviews)
  • "No benefits for PT.(in 15 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of BevMo! and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "flexible schedule"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I think It's Great

Jul 15, 2018 - Cashier in Antioch, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Super flexible schedule. I could make plans, let my manager know and he would give me the time off. You get 10% off of everything. All my co-workers are nice. I learned a lot about alcohol since I started there. I came from a full-time physically and emotionally intense job. This is a breeze. Great job for anyone starting out at a job for the first time. Working the register I can't answer a lot of questions but I could call out to the shift manager and they are more than happy to answer me or take care of the customer for me. The customers are great. I like making jokes with them to get them to laugh. I like swapping drink recipes with customers too. I don't know what those other reviews are talking about. This is an entry-level retail job for people, what do you expect?

Cons

Most shifts are 4.5 hours so you are lucky to get 18 hours a week. Pays a little over minimum wage. It can be tiring if you spend your whole shift stocking shelves, its a lot of carrying boxes up and down step ladders. I'm getting older and it can take a toll on my knees to have to keep kneeling to stock the lower shelves. If you work a register most of the time you can't answer simple questions from people. You really have to research and learn about alcohol on your own outside of learning as you go. Not really much upward for employees unless they are there for a while. A store can only have a certain amount of managers. As a cashier, I have actually stood at the register and checked out customers for 4.5 straight hours with a 10-minute break. Sometimes it is 3 hours straight before the break.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Corporate leading this company astray

Oct 18, 2015 - Sales Associate/Cashier
    Business Outlook

Pros

- 10% discount - Almost all of my coworkers were fun, wonderful people - Flexible schedule and nice managers - most customers are in a good mood and interesting to talk to - free tastings for employees - Fairly easy work

Cons

- Corporate is unbelievably out of touch - They've implemented so many stupid changes over the past year - they now expect you to check someones ID just to fill out a dumb club card application - So many technical screw ups like gift cards ringing up an endless amount of cash + the store losing money - Pay is extremely low for what you're expected to know. - Most training classes have been cut, so not sure how they expect employees to answer questions for customers about wine/beer/whisky/etc - Corporate is putting too much pressure on store managers - BevMologist and Enthusiast are the dumbest titles ever - The radio doesn't turn off anymore and the songs are awful - The stores are ALWAYS understaffed. I'm sure they could afford to hire more employees and actually give them hours - cashiers are overworked/stressed out - itchy red apron - Some customers will yell at you for scanning their ID, but you can be fired for not scanning someones ID - No insurance benefits - Unfit people in positions of power don't get removed - They hold women back from reaching high management - BevMo is open on almost all holidays now

6 people found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Sales Associate

Jun 13, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice coworkers and management. Flexible schedule during non-busy weekends and holidays. Learning about all of the products available on the market.

Cons

Every now and then there's always that rude customer. Always carrying around heavy boxes of glass bottles.

4. 3.0
    Current Employee

head clerk

Apr 26, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great customers. Small team that respects and sports each other. Fun product. Flexible schedule works around school.

Cons

Company leaders do not give clear goals but when one department shares a goal another department makes changes that are not consistent with those goals. It is hard to tell who is leading. There is a company vs. Stores mentality.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0

Easy Part-Time Job

Apr 19, 2021 - Team Member in Tukwila, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- friendly coworkers - flexible schedule - discount on alcohol

Cons

- mostly part-time positions - lower hourly wage due to being outside of Seattle

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work during college.

Oct 8, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Discount on alcohol, flexible schedule.

Cons

Not really a company you can go anywhere with unless you work there awhile or know people.

7. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Coworkers, Disgusting Corporate

Apr 17, 2021 - Shift Lead in Capitola, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

BevMo’s pros include an excellent sense of camaraderie with fellow associates and store management, sparse product knowledge, and employment-dependent flexible work schedule.

Cons

No care for customers or store employees, be it safety standards, scheduling practices, basic respect, etc.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 4.0

Cashier

Jun 27, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team and very flexible with schedule

Cons

None at this time

9. 3.0
    Former Employee

Good for getting my feet wet in retail, but responsibilities are too much and too big for the low pay.

Mar 27, 2012 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best for people who are outgoing but need a part-time and flexible schedule. Managers are generally cool, respectful and polite

Cons

Rules are strict and there is little room to advance. When corporate applies pressure on the store (especially during sales and the holiday season) to succeed and do better, it can put tension between management and associates. Some associates can be unreasonably vindictive and trash talk about others behind their backs for things that are not even personal or problematic-- just simply to gossip and smear someone.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good place to work as a student

Nov 8, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule Good for students Good if you like alcohol

Cons

Low Hours Too little staff to help workload

Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 Reviews