KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

BevSpot Reviews

Updated Mar 29, 2022

Found 48 of over 49 reviews

3.7
BevSpot Co-Founder and  CEO Rory Crawford (no image)
Rory Crawford

Technical Account Manager

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Rory has assembled an experienced leadership team and combined with his vision, drive, and experience make BevSpot a great place to work.(in 6 reviews)
  • "The people are great.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Great coworkers.(in 4 reviews)
  • "BevSpot cultivates an excellent culture.(in 4 reviews)
  • "The CEO is a really smart guy who has a natural ability to make all of his employees feel important.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Great time to be here!

Mar 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The team is very welcoming and helpful. - Learning about an industry I love and getting to work to help them succeed. - Seems like the sales team cares about the quality of deals being closed to set success team up for customers. - Everyone at BevSpot seems to care about the growth of the company and the employees

Cons

I wish we could all work together more often but I do love the flexibility of working remotely.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great business with lots of room for growth

Jun 7, 2021 - Junior Programmer in Canton, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers. Great flexibility. Always open to new ideas.

Cons

Was greatly impacted by Covid-19.

3. 5.0

Great Place To Work!

Jan 12, 2021 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team, great product, very customer focused. I also like the recent change to work from home given the flexibility it provides.

Cons

A difficult time for the industry so it can be hard finding ways to help customers through this environment.

4. 5.0

Flexible, Friendly, Fulfilling

Nov 16, 2020 - Customer Service Specialist in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging environment with a small team means opportunities to expand your horizons by gaining experience in other areas of expertise.

Cons

Small team also means you will feel compelled to work longer hours to get the job done, but that is never expected of you. Coronavirus has greatly impacted our teams size.

5. 5.0

Awesome place to work!

Dec 14, 2020 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team environment with such amazing people to work with.

Cons

No cons for me as of now.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

In response to “Need to say something”

Feb 11, 2019 - Vice President of Product in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I also had to “say something” when I read one of the reviews of BevSpot. I am a current employee with 20 + years of work experience in tech. I have been part of successful startups that have gone public and were purchased as well as some that didn’t make it. In my opinion, BevSpot is an exciting, innovative company with a great culture - it is truly a great place to work. This company has the key elements of success: incredible products, a talented and highly motivated team, a market in its infancy, and a driven CEO. Additionally, the company is well-funded and on its way to profitability. The CEO has had to make some hard choices - choices that have put this company on an amazing path for growth and success. Previous layoffs were part of this strategy. Rory has assembled an experienced leadership team and combined with his vision, drive, and experience make BevSpot a great place to work. I am sorry upon reflection after leaving one reviewer felt differently, but I encourage any readers of these reviews to consider that there are always two sides to any story.

Cons

See response above that outlines my view of the company.

5 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Current Employee

A great opportunity, and a great challenge

Dec 3, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

While the company initially made the mistake of growing too early and too quickly, the team has doubled down on solving the right problems and getting the fundamentals right. The team now is focused on the mission and setting specific short and longer-term goals in order to execute. The culture is driven, yet open; team members are unafraid to give each other feedback, and people are friendly and unafraid to say hi. Management understands the need for work/life balance, and I've never been refused some time off when I needed it.

Cons

Beyond what individuals can teach themselves in their own roles, there aren't that many career development opportunities.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 2.0
    Former Employee

The Rocket Ship Crashed

Nov 3, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome t-shirts, unlimited vacation time, good benefits, nice perks. BevSpot was at one time an amazing place to work. Management was transparent, seemingly honest, culture was a priority, and there was a team-focused mentality. This all took place in an energetic, fast-paced atmosphere, focused on a fun and relevant industry. In a very short amount of time, this all changed (with the exception of the industry).

Cons

Transparency was the first thing to crash and burn. This was probably the most disappointing given that it was something that truly set this company apart from others. The CEO was open, honest, and approachable. That all suddenly changed when a number of people were laid off with absolutely no warning. The once transparent culture might have warned the team that if things didn't improve, layoffs were coming. Instead there was a mask of celebrations and parties, followed by sudden layoffs that were later distastefully and publicly claimed to be "performance related." Along with transparency went the entire culture. No more respect for one another's ideas and no more trust.

16 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Still believe in the long-term plan

Nov 16, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at BevSpot forces you to expand your skill set and allows you to grow professionally, more than any other organization that I have been part of. You have a real chance to play a vital part in the company's success, instead of just being "another number". The people that work here are some of the smartest people that I have ever met and it is an honor to work with them.

Cons

Communication of the ever-changing strategy has not been as good as it could be or as it needs to be moving forward, but I believe that the problem has been addressed.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Great place to work

Nov 18, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people here are very passionate, smart, and hard-working and despite some bumps in the road this past year, the employees have rallied together to overcome them. I could not imagine working anywhere else and believe the company has made some really important and necessary changes. The opportunity being solved here is enormous, and I believe in where the company is going.

Cons

The company is trying to aggressively grow, and that is extremely difficult to do. Expectations are very high and that type of environment is not a good fit for all people. There have also been mistakes made due to lack of experience in the company which have been addressed by bringing in experience in many departments.

4 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 48 Reviews

BevSpot Reviews FAQs

BevSpot has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 49 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at BevSpot to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, BevSpot employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at BevSpot. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

68% of BevSpot employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated BevSpot 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at BevSpot to be benefits, coworkers and the cons to be management, career development, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with BevSpot Job Seekers