Beyond.com Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Beyond.com Founder and CEO Rich Milgram
Rich Milgram

1. "Best Places to Work winner 2012, 2016"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Beyond.com full-time

Pros

Great group of people, smart, caring, fun. Innovative, open environment. Very little bureaucracy, mgmt listens to its employees, free food, great events, very subsidized healthcare coverage, great location.

Cons

You need to like getting to know people. "Team" is the culture here. You are expected to participate in teambuilding events. Everyone is expected to think out of the box and help each other.

2. "Beyond.com"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

I worked at Beyond.com (More than a year)

Pros

Growing company with a multitude of growth opportunities

Cons

Unfair Promotion process in which the process is not very transparent

Advice to Management

More transparency

"Work Hard, Play Hard"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Beyond.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of my favorite parts of working here is the people. They're a smart group of people that are great to work with. Everyone is willing to stop what they are working on and help each other out. It's very team oriented. We are like the 63 Musketeers. All for one and one for all.

"Work hard, play hard"...I remember seeing that phrase in the job description when I applied and it stuck with me. It is 100% true. We go to movies together, play games, have pizza parties, team building events, Halloween parties and the list goes on and on. One of the biggest compliments I can give is when I tell people about my job and all of the perks/fun things we do, I always hear back "I wish I worked there" or "Are you hiring?" If you're reading this, for your sake, I hope we are hiring.

Cons

There are plenty of processes and systems that use old technology.

The amount of work that gets done with the amount of people we have is impressive, but there are projects/updates/improvements that do not get picked up due to not having enough resources.

Advice to Management

Continue with an open level of communication with the employees and the company will continue to win an award for Best Places To Work in Philadelphia.

"Cool people, fun company that seems to be growing"

Current Employee - Sales in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Sales in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Beyond.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Beyond seems to have stabilized pretty well over the last two years. They are in growth mode, are adding hires in a lot of departments and have diversified their product offerings to stay relevant in the recruitment advertising business.

Cons

some processes are manual,and sometimes the company could move faster than it does, but the flat structure of the company means a lot of people are involved in a lot of decisions.

Advice to Management

keep innovating with new ideas and making the site better, faster, and relevant!

6. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Noblesville, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Noblesville, IN

I worked at Beyond.com (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not many that I could list here.

Cons

Pay is below industry standards. Leadership is drifting.Turnover is extremely high. They have not been back filling recently as people have moved on, either, which is a very bad sign. There are no opportunities for advancement. There is not enough room here to list the many ethical issues that have went on here and been allowed by the top leadership.

Advice to Management

Stop chasing different new directions every month and provide some leadership. Be forthright with employees about the company and issues with the products.

7. "COO is not good at his job. He lacks knowledge and has no people skills."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Remote, OR

Pros

CEO and wife create a family environment for corporate employees.

Cons

COO doesn't know the 1st thing about sales or managing people.

Advice to Management

Fire the COO before he runs the company into a ditch.

"CEO - Rich Milgrim needs to get CONNECTED"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Beyond.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Comfortable and clean environment. The past recruiter reached out to me and she was honest, professional and was dedicated in implementing top talent. Great group of friendly sales professionals in a call center environment. Wearing jeans and a T-shirt was nice. Base pay is above average and individual healthcare is provided @ no cost to the employee.

Cons

I drank the Kool-Aid way to fast and should have accepted a career w/ their competitor. When I was hired there were 4 managers; It's my understanding they now only have 1 manger on the floor. This manager is the worst and lacks the managerial leadership skills needed to motivate any team. The lack of training, unrealistic goals and metrics are out of this world. 94% of the sales team are not hitting their goals. Commission has always been my bread and butter in the sales arena, not the salary. They have some problems with the online products ( job postings/resume search ) that is easily solvable. Bringing this up to management definitely puts a target on a reps back and therefore the micro managing begins. Before entertaining a career move the prospective employee needs to Google this company and read various reviews.

Advice to Management

The recruiter, the director, and 3 other mangers have left Beyond along with numerous top sales personnel. The CEO needs to get connected and talk to the current skeleton team in the Indianapolis market. I have met Rich and know that this market is his baby. I'm certain if he did some one - on - ones with the sales team confidentially he would be a bit more connected with what is really going on. Listen to your people, they are your asset to success. You have more capital being paid to salary employees than revenue coming in Hmmmm ?

"Great culture - Goals unattainable"

Current Employee - Regional Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Regional Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Beyond.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is great. Very laid back and easy going. You set your own schedule. The sales team genuinely cares about each other. The kitchen is always stocked with food & snacks. Benefits are great. Rewards employees with gift cards. Holds internal contests. They strive to have a fun work-life balance. I love the people I work with. Extremely flexible. Positive environment. Time-off is easy to take. With Beyond being a small company, it is simple to contact higher management with concerns/questions.

Cons

Goals are unattainable. Products do not work on the back end. Little training on how the "back end" system works. Huge disconnect between Indy office and KOP. No automation. Micro-managing the employees. Dials are difficult to make when you have to do all of the vetting. Management is broken. No brand recognition. Majority of the employees have less than a year experience. Many are looking for other jobs. Product conviction is not present. No structure. No stability. No room for career advancement.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees at the Indy office. Invest into marketing and branding the company. Hire a Customer Service Team for this office. Automate the system. Realize that the goals are not attainable. Fix them. The base pay is not cutting it when we are all here for commission but cannot exceed let alone hit our monthly goals. We do not want to be micro-managed. Create a better structure.

10. "Good company, but something missing."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Beyond.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome CEO, great people, free food and nice collaborative working atmosphere. You never have to worry about getting laid off at this company! The benefits weren't bad either. Health benefits for you are free.

Cons

Not much room for career growth and not much motivation to do great work. (eg No bonuses or failing to live up to promised monthly bonuses, etc.) If you need to add family members to your health coverage, be prepared to pay a whopping full price for each additional family member added.

"Absolutely awful. Don't work here."

Former Employee - Sales in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Sales in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Beyond.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People seem to enjoy working with one another. For the most part, people are very friendly and, on the surface, seem to be valued. The benefits are OK at best

Cons

Unreasonable expectations, no clear direction for the company, the product is disjointed and the work environment is horrible and toxic. Beyond seems to be VERY busy, but seemingly not accomplishing anything. Employees are "lost" and clients are dissatisfied with the product. Not sure how this company is still in existence? Compensation is insulting.

Advice to Management

Define success, (both long-term and short-term) and reward the people that help you get there. Pay people better. Stop the back-slapping and underhanded BS. Be REAL with your employees, your clients and remember that your lack of transparency will only serve to hurt your business. Remember that your current employee, may someday become your client.