BeyondTrust Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Awesome Company"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at BeyondTrust full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company, amazing environment, friendly atmosphere and a joy to have worked there.

Cons

Growing rapidly so there will always be some minor issues.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing & I greatly appreciated your collective leadership and guidance during my nearly 4 years there.

2. "Sales"

I worked at BeyondTrust full-time

Pros

Good products. Rapid development of new features. Responsive to market demands and customer needs.

Cons

No real career growth potential outside of home office and CEO inner circle. Qualified internal applicants overlooked in favor of personal friends/family of CEO and board members.

Advice to Management

Open up growth opportunities for performers in order to retain them long term.

3. "Sales & Support"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at BeyondTrust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They solve many of their customers problems in a hot technology space.

Cons

Most people don’t recognize the name in the marketplace. They’re interested in selling the company #1.
    They do invest in technology but folks are overworked and depressed. Tough work environment due to stress all around. Always worried you’ll be let go following quarter.
    Fairly compensated but not appreciated. It’s expected.
    The internal clicks with outdated strategies to build relationships with clients are shocking that it’s allowed in today’s fast paced high tech firm environments. Almost high school like.
    Metrics/profits/#’s/to the point where your customers are tired of hearing from you.

Advice to Management

New management needed, innovative people with experiences in moving it to the next level is definitely needed! They should understand what that next level means! Mgmt. is very lucky to be there, saving $ with layoffs - Listen to those with boots on the ground.

"Lots of turnover at this company. Best to avoid"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at BeyondTrust full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The products are great and easy to deploy.

Cons

There’s a good old boys club in senior leadership. They take care of one another with little regard to people outside of their circle. They are way to concerned with Selling the company and that is their top priority. During deal reviews they will make you feel like you don’t know your business as a power tactic. Also should note that the executives aren’t allowed to cash out their stock until the company sells that was a condition with current VC.

They also don’t give options/stock.

Their comp plan for sales people sucks. They will give you a great OTE when offering job but when you get your comp plan the numbers don’t add up

Advice to Management

Focus on the customer and putting them First.

"Passionate but unfocused company"

I worked at BeyondTrust full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very smart developers have created an excellent product, top rated in the PAM security market. Lots of amazing people working hard and really pouring themselves into their work and attempting to create solutions. I can only think of one or two people I didn't care for but that was personality over dedication.

Cons

This company is running 500 miles per hour with their hair on fire as they attempt to build the speedboat in rough seas. While they have a great product they can't figure out how to help customers effectively use the tool, and in return the leadership team routinely re-arranges the front end teams to try and make it better. Internally they've got excellent teams functioning within tight silos, but the cross-silo communication, support, and overall team sensibility is noticeably lacking; this leads to the mediocre results with customers that buy the product. In many cases they are their own worst enemy.

Advice to Management

Take some advice from Stephen Covey and start with the end in mind. If you want happy, referenceable customers who embrace your product then work backwards from there. Your current model of focusing on sales and jamming services and support into the wound to stop the bleeding is a long-term recipe for disaster as more and more customers complain about not being able to use your product.

"RSM"

I worked at BeyondTrust full-time

Pros

Let me think here for a minute...NONE

Cons

Management writes the 5 star reviews. If you are part of the “group” you should watch your back.

Advice to Management

Management doesn’t have a clue what management means.

7. "Rsm"

Current Employee - Regional Manager IL in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Regional Manager IL in Chicago, IL

I have been working at BeyondTrust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best company ever as they care of their people and customers at a high level of excellence.

Cons

None. The company addresses everything head on. No surprises no issues left unaddressed.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Great Company, Exciting Cyber Security Space, Collaborative & Supportive!"

Current Employee - Marketing in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Marketing in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at BeyondTrust full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A Lot!
    Executive management is approachable & supportive. They live the culture they promote through the VBOs. When I was interviewing, I honestly thought all the "culture" talk was just that... a bunch of talk. I was dead wrong. Teamwork, passion, integrity - I see them at work every day.

I have never been exposed to a company that has so many intelligent people who actually work well together & help each other. We are all rowing the boat in the same direction & egos are left out of it.

People value your opinion and put your ideas to work. Any employee just wants to feel that what they are doing is appreciated & that it is contributing to the overall success of the company. I feel that every day. Constructive (actionable) criticism & appreciation/praise are handed out daily.

There are positive changes being made all the time. Wellness programs, referral programs, customer success & sales process improvements, promotions & more.

Great Work life balance. Work hard, play hard.

Overall, I have loved my time here & I am excited to continue to grow my career with BeyondTrust!

Cons

None really. Like any company, there are small things that could improve, but if you are looking for perfection, you will never find it.

Advice to Management

Why take my advice, you are already doing it the right way! Don't change.

"Analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at BeyondTrust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with BeyondTrust for almost two years now. I've had a privilege to work across all teams, learning a lot about the business and the people.

The individuals, including the leadership, are quality. You will find wonderful characteristics within the people like hard working, driven, intelligent, innovative, open minded, and resourceful! And above all of those qualities, they are also good people. Each executive team member cares and shows kindness, for every employee and this is shown daily with their own actions and within those who they hire to lead each team.

What else makes BeyondTrust great? The culture and atmosphere. Free drinks, free snacks, sometimes free lunches, and team/company outings. Plus everyone just genuinely enjoys hanging out with each other, so we do happy hours too.

I am challenged, empowered, and supported each day that I come to work.

Cons

It's much easier to write about the pros...

Like any privately owned company, the goals will make you sweat at times; however, the work life balance and teamwork makes it worth it. You won't feel like you're on island. Everyone works to achieve success, together.

There is a lot to learn from process to product. It can seem like information overload. Just got to remember to ask and take notes!

Advice to Management

None.

"Management writes the 5 star reviews. Run fast from here."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at BeyondTrust full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The help desk is friendly and awesome. If you are a manager you can date your subordinates. The AC felt nice.

Cons

Management constantly interviews to lay people off to cover their inability to lead, motivate and inspire workers. It is an atmosphere of paranoia led by narcissism. If you ever want to get promoted you have to quit. Use reverse psychology frequently here.

Advice to Management

Why? You don't actually listen to employees. I should be laid off soon.