Bible League Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Robert T. Frank

"A unique experience"

I worked at Bible League part-time

Pros

The best reason to work here is because for the first time in my professional career I was able to truly feel like I was making a difference. It was the one place where I worked where I felt that every day going in we were doing good work that would benefit the entire world.

Cons

Working for a non profit is tough just because of the economy overall and there are so few dollars to go around for the non profits that it is really a much more competitive environment than you would think.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and keep believing in what the company is doing for people around the world.

2. "Ministry focused"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crete, IL

I have been working at Bible League full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Recent leadership changes are providing guidance and hope. The new direction is exciting and there are lots of learning opportunities.

Cons

Being a non-profit the compensation is on the lower end of the scale, but it's not completely out of range. Having a part in the ministry is an intrinsic benefit too.

"Awesome place to work!"

I have been working at Bible League full-time

Pros

Cutting edge work in Bible distribution and translation. They provide great benefits for me and my family (a lot more than just medical and dental). The work environment is very friendly. People are open to admitting shortcomings and working with others to fix problems. The leadership is honest with staff.

Cons

Hard time for non-profits in general. Donors are tightening their purse strings. This causes stress of course, but I do not see a gloom-and-doom situation as the negative reviews have.

Advice to Management

Keep trying creative ways to engage donors.

"I am thrilled to be a part of this great ministry!"

I have been working at Bible League full-time

Pros

Bible League is reaching people around the world with God's word through the local church and other partners to help people meet Jesus. The dedication, commitment and servant heart of those I work with are evident every single day and I feel blessed to be a part of it. Bible League offers very competitive pay and benefits and an excellent working environment where people are recognized for their contributions.

Cons

Bible League, like many nonprofits has struggled with the ability to raise income for our ministry. We have experienced some staff lay-offs, which is difficult to go through, but it has also helped the organization become more efficient and streamlined.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. We appreciate all of what you have done to bring us through change and transition. Communication is vital and people need to feel appreciated and recognize how their work ties to the mission.

"Working for the Bible League was the best working experience of my life."

Former Employee - Field Operations Director
    Former Employee - Field Operations Director

I worked at Bible League full-time

Pros

I was part of a well organized and well functioning team with clear goals.
    I had great friends at the work place and in the agency.

Cons

I was only able to do my job in Europe and I wanted very badly to remain in the organization when my family needed to return to the USA.

Advice to Management

Stick to your guns when you make a good decision!

"Headed the Right Direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crete, IL

I have been working at Bible League full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bible League is a ministry that is redefining its trajectory. The opportunities to reach the world with God's word is greater than ever. The direction for the ministry is clear.
    For a non-profit ministry, the wages and compensation are fair. Good benefits structure.
    Everyone I work with is great.

Cons

There are challenges to working in an environment where there is a shift in direction. There are some will be critical of those changes.

"Grossly Negligent Ministry"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crete, IL

I have been working at Bible League full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Bible League was one of the top ministries four years ago in affective scripture placement through training churches and local partnerships in evangelism/discipleship and church planting. Millions of people came into fellowship with Jesus Christ and His Church through the placement of Scripture and training.

Cons

The lack of leadership, direction, and respect for people has devastated this ministry. It never was financial. There is absolutely no trust within the ranks and employees have been walking on eggshells for the last three years. You literally can hear a pin drop in this mammoth building. No positive chatter to speak of for fear of saying the wrong thing. A sad outcome of what the ministry could have been with proper leadership.

Advice to Management

What can you tell people who have selfishly created fear, mistrust, and devalued people in the field and at home. If you do not value people there is no chance of success. The building is now an empty shell.

"A Rollercoaster Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crete, IL

Pros

The organization has a stellar reputation for its ability to achieve ministry on the ground, in the field. For decades it has cultivated relationships and partnerships with like-minded evangelistic organizations, churches and individuals around the world to make the gospel available, to nurture new believers in the faith, and get Bibles into their hands. Other organizations are eager to partner with Bible League to take advantage of this infrastructure and its successful modalities.

Cons

The economic recession has hit nonprofits hard, and Bible League is no exception. Positions have been eliminated through attrition and "rightsizing," and US staff levels are down roughly 30%. The result is an environment of uncertainty and fear of further job losses.

Advice to Management

I would love to be able to offer brilliant words of wisdom to ease the organization's passage through the recession. All I can offer is that God "owns the cattle on a thousand hills" and "the prayer of the righteous avails much."

"Creative Ministry"

I have been working at Bible League (More than 8 years)

Pros

Bible League is among the top Bible Agencies in the world. The ministry is well focused and purposed to serve the global church in the fulfillment of the mission to bring people into a personal relationship with Christ. In this age of technology and a growing church in the global south, the Easy To Read Bible translation is a very effective way to engage people groups in a way/language they can undersatnd.Bible League is a progressive Christian Service Organization, here to serve the Church and Partners around the world.

Cons

In this ecomony Bible League faces the same struggles that most organizations face; decreased funds from which to operate and as a result the organization has needed to re-set itself [actually not all bad]. The negative comments are unfounded and are a result of a bitter spirit by some who do not see the need for change.

Advice to Management

Remain focused and faithful. You have been called to this place for a reason!!

"Very Satisfying"

Pros

I appreciate the growth opportunities that are presented to me, and the exciting nature of the work. My supervisor has provided me with helpful feedback on my performance which allowed me to continue to grow. My ideas and suggestions are heard and I receive the freedom to move forward with many of them.

Cons

BLI has had to adapt to a changing environment, as most non profits have had to do. We all know that change can be uncomfortable. With that said, we are headed in an exciting direction and I'm anxious to see the results that will follow.

Advice to Management

To all of management: listen to your people. Create an atmosphere that promotes the sharing of ideas and recognize a job well done.