KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 265 of over 282 reviews

3.5

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Veteran Status

This rating reflects the overall rating of Big Fish Games and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

As advertised.

Jul 12, 2021 - Lead Product Manager in Towson, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Group of talented folks who are passionate about the product they're working on. People are nice and courteous. You'll get support from leadership team if you're performing at or beyond the expected level.

Cons

Audible ad hoc request which requires commitment of 40+ hours per wk. One can get overwhelmed quickly if tasks aren't being prioritize accordingly.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great remote and flex company!

Mar 15, 2022 - P&C in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work environment, Great team & leadership, Remote first company, Wellness Fridays getting out early! Getting extra money for initial set up and gym membership is great.

Cons

Overall health benefits could be better for a company in the tech gaming industry

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

In the end, not great

Jan 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are extremely nice, and some of the leaders are quite good. They're making a lot of needed changes to the business.

Cons

Executive turn over is extremely high. This leads to constant re-orgs and lay offs. The changes they are making are necessary to grow and stay relevant, but some of these changes translate to offshoring jobs. There will be less and less Big Fish Employees in Seattle over time, then there will be less Big Fish employees in the US., and then... The parent company is based in Australia, so the benefits have deteriorated and they're slow to make needed changes to keep up with the industry.

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

I Love My Job!

Sep 18, 2021 - Director in Oakland, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I get to work on interesting projects every day. I feel supported and heard by my supervisor and by the executive staff. Information about finance, business decisions is becoming more and more transparent, which helps to provide context for my day to day work and the value I bring to the company. The people I work with are caring and talented, dedicated to delivering high quality product. Also, during the pandemic, BFG has been ultra caring about our wellness mentally and physically.

Cons

Although the business/strategy information is becoming more transparent, I'd like to see even more of that kind of communication in the future.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good, not Great

Jan 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun atmosphere with kind people Free snacks and lots of internal networking events with delicious food (pre - Covid) Career Growth opportunities but no one will recognize you for them, you have to show you want growth and then repeatedly speak up.

Cons

Pay is below average Benefits are okay Status Quo environment. Not focused on innovation, happy with staying stagnant in the gaming space

Big Fish Games Response

Thank you for the feedback and for taking the time to give us the positive and the negative. I’m glad you saw career opportunities at Big Fish. I wanted to address some of the concerns you had mentioned. We are always looking for ways to improve and have recently launched a pay and benefits survey to understand what team members are looking for and ways we can improve. I think we have a lot of great benefits now but I know benefits are very personal and important and don’t always match the needs of each and every individual. I hope this survey helps us identify how to meet those needs in the future. We also use external competitive pay data to make informed compensation decisions. We definitely are aiming to go beyond the status quo and would love an opportunity to address your expectations. If you have some time, please send me an email to get more details on this. Thank you, Tracy, VP of People and Culture @ Big Fish

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Place to Work

Oct 21, 2021 - Brand & Creative Strategist in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very flexible in terms of form from home options. Movement to different teams and roles is encouraged if it is a better fit. Ideas can come from anywhere and are taken seriously. If you want to know why something was or wasn't done, you can find out. The people are the best part of the company, really. Across every team and role, there are amazing people to work with.

Cons

The location of the office is not the easiest for everyone to get to these days, by the waterfront.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good place to work at the time

Dec 16, 2021 - Customer Support Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance and fun colleagues.

Cons

Management can be uncommunicative at times

Be the first to find this review helpful

Big Fish Games Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I agree our culture is fun and the people are great to work with here! I would love to hear more about ways the leadership team can communicate better. We are actively working on being more transparent and providing follow-up in our emails, Town Halls and beyond. Please reach out to me via email if you feel comfortable. -Tracy, VP of People & Culture @ Big Fish

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Most should avoid

Nov 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Video games are fun to work with. Some room for growth. Decent work life balance depending on team.

Cons

Do not join unless you like social casino, are okay with a very difficult company above you (Aristocrat), like constant unexpected and oftentimes inexplicable turnover at all levels, or will be in the neglected Seattle office. Ask how long senior team has been at company. I would never send a friend or colleague here even if they were desperate.

5 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Big Fish Games is challenging and a fun place to work

Dec 3, 2019 - Project Manager, Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Big Fish supports career growth for their employees. I started as a Sr. Motion Graphics Artist and wanted to move into Project Management. I was recently promoted to Project Manager, Mgr. It's a challenging and fun new role for me. BFG encourages and welcomes people that take risk, challenge theirselves, and push the boundaries.

Cons

Need to communicate between teams throughout the company more effectively.

62 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

1 yr anniversary

Aug 5, 2021 - Senior Data Scientist in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Multiple areas (A/B test, engineering, UA, etc.) to grow as a data scientist. Manager open to discuss IC or manager track.

Cons

Multiple time zones in meeting or collaboration as side effect of global WFH

Big Fish Games Response

Thank you for taking the time to review Big Fish! We love hearing that our learning and development programs are being leveraged, and we can’t wait to see you grow here. We agree that working from home has changed meeting styles (Hello Zoom meetings!). We are actively working on new methods to connect our current global workforce and help our meetings be more productive and collaborative. We have flagged your concern with our teams in charge of making our tools and processes more efficient, and we hope you reach out to them via the helpdesk to voice your thoughts on ways we can improve. Thanks for giving us helpful feedback! -The Big Fish Team-

Viewing 1 - 10 of 265 Reviews

Big Fish Games Reviews FAQs

Big Fish Games has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 282 reviews left anonymously by employees. 62% of employees would recommend working at Big Fish Games to a friend and 53% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Big Fish Games employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Big Fish Games. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

62% of Big Fish Games employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Big Fish Games 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Big Fish Games to be culture, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Big Fish Games Job Seekers