BigSpeak Speakers Bureau Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Just so great."

Current Employee - Agent in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Agent in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at BigSpeak Speakers Bureau full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have never worked at a company that puts so much emphasis on personal AND professional development among its staff. I love working here. The leadership is very smart and strategic-minded. Having worked at other companies in this industry before I joined BigSpeak, the difference is night and day. Lots of opportunity for everyone at the company, lots happening, a lot of growth. It's a very exciting time for BigSpeak.

Cons

When I find a good one to report, I will let you know. Minor detail - compensation among agents is not uniform, and it might be a good idea if that were the case.

Advice to Management

Remember not to lose sight of BigSpeak's mission and what makes us great as we continue to grow at the clip we're growing.

2. "Agent"

Current Employee - Agent
    Current Employee - Agent

I have been working at BigSpeak Speakers Bureau full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent place to work with great management and wonderful co-workers.

Cons

There are no cons at all.

Advice to Management

Please continue to do the amazing things that you are doing!

3. "Small Company with Heart"

Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at BigSpeak Speakers Bureau part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team atmosphere: Small company with camaraderie. Everyone knows each other, is friendly and helps each other out. Cool music playing in the office. Everyone's ideas are valued.
    Great perks/rewards: Flexible work hours, quarterly bonus structure, plenty of snacks, and recognition of good work at monthly meetings.
    Great work: No matter what department you are in, working with speakers and ideas that are changing the world is exciting and inspiring. The shelves are filled with books of great ideas and speakers visit the office from time-to-time to inspire and motivate.

Cons

Small company, so growth potential is small if you're looking to go up the corporate ladder.

Advice to Management

Keep up the inspiring management.

4. "Sales & Inbound Associate"

I have been working at BigSpeak Speakers Bureau full-time

Pros

Great perks/benefits and fun people to work with!

Cons

So far, so good! Keep up the good work :)

5. "Best place to work in Santa Barbara !"

Former Employee - Finance Associate in Santa Barbara, CA
    Former Employee - Finance Associate in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at BigSpeak Speakers Bureau part-time (More than a year)

Pros

During my time at BigSpeak, I had the pleasure of learning multiple roles and had a great supplement to my career aspirations. The team at BigSpeak fosters one of the best company cultures, and leadership does a good job of providing the platform for growth and success. I was always excited to get up for work in the morning, and every day was a pleasant surprise. Each member of the team does a good job of making sure you feel welcomed and an integral part of the company.

- amazing company culture
    - opportunity for growth
    - support of great leadership
    - exposure to thought-leaders in various sectors
    - company benefits and internal awards
    - learning the speaker industry from the fastest growing bureau
    - work environment equivalent to a 21 year old start-up
    - flexible schedule

Cons

No notable cons working at BigSpeak. Leadership does a good job of making sure that continual improvements are always happening.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing !

6. "Great Internship, Great Company"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at BigSpeak Speakers Bureau as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The best part about BigSpeak is the company environment. The employees are experts, kind, and fun-loving. You'd be hard pressed to find a company that treats its interns better. BigSpeak gave its interns access to many of the benefits that full-time employees enjoy and really makes sure you feel like an integral part of the team. You're given a lot of autonomy in your role so you learn to self-manage and carry responsibility.

Cons

The work can be repetitive and sometimes tedious and there may be times where you don't have anything to do unless you ask for an additional project.

Advice to Management

Balance daily tasks with special projects so interns always have more than one project to manage and don't get bored. Provide more direction when assigning projects so as to avoid confusion.

7. "Great place to work!"

Current Intern - Intern in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Intern - Intern in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at BigSpeak Speakers Bureau as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I’ve had an overall great experience interning at BigSpeak. It’s a very interesting industry to be in and you learn so much as an intern. The company culture here is amazing! Everyone is very friendly and works together as a team to deliver the best results. BigSpeak is also a growing company which makes it a very exciting place to work.

Cons

Sometimes the office work can be a bit mundane and tedious, but it’s important and makes you appreciate the more interesting projects more.

8. "#1 Speaker's Bureau in the world"

Current Intern - Business Development in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Intern - Business Development in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at BigSpeak Speakers Bureau as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

BigSpeak's main differentiator from their competitors is that they take pride in their relationships and treating all of their clients with sincere care. The office is no different. Ever since I came in on my first day, everybody has been incredibly nice and friendly even though they knew I would not be a long-term employee. This created a great working environment and has resulted in many new friendships. Overall, I would rate my work experience at BigSpeak a 10/10.

Cons

BigSpeak really doesn't have any downsides as long as this work environment is one that you enjoy. For those that are looking for a job with a big corporate company with office space in a skyscraper or anything along those lines, BigSpeak is not the right place. But for those that are hoping to work in a office of around 15 people that are all very professional but still know how to have fun, BigSpeak is an opportunity worth looking in to.

"Great Company to Work for!"

I have been working at BigSpeak Speakers Bureau full-time

Pros

Great work culture and work-life balance. Benefits include flexible schedule, 9/80s during the summer, and overall laid back vibe. Everyone in the office is super nice, and management is really understanding and supportive of your long term professional goals. They even offer a budget for you to take classes and further your professional education. You also get to meet professional athletes and famous business experts like CEOs of big companies.

Cons

Company is small, so you see the same people everyday (fortunately they are all super cool), and it's all phone/desk work, but the company will pay for standing/convertible desks, and will take teams walks during the day sometimes.

10. "Intern"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at BigSpeak Speakers Bureau part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Friendly, committed, and engaging coworkers.

Opportunity to take on diverse tasks and contribute to critical company projects.

Cons

Database work can be repetitive but is very important since it is at the foundation of BigSpeak's day to day operations.

Advice to Management

Work to relay to interns their responsibilities and what expectations are for their work. More hands on training for day to day tasks could be beneficial as well.