Billings Clinic Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "administrative intern"

Former Employee - Administrative Intern in Billings, MT
    Former Employee - Administrative Intern in Billings, MT

Pros

I got to work with great people, a lot of interaction with senior leadership. Everyone was helpful and willing to share their knowledge.

Cons

The internship could have been a bit more organized.

2. "Objectively decent enough, subjectively best hospital in area"

Current Employee - Lab Assistant in Billings, MT
    Current Employee - Lab Assistant in Billings, MT

I have been working at Billings Clinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful sense of community here with lots of employee resources and family-friendly activities outside of work. The doctors are great but the nurses are pretty clueless, so I have no idea how quality happens yet somehow it appears to?

Cons

Parking and the low-quality yet outrageously-priced food in their cafe and cafeteria are both utterly terrible. We have over 120 employees in my department alone (the main hospital lab) and only 48 parking spots within a 5-minute walk of the building. The hospital next door to us has a huge parking garage structure, yet somehow despite decades of employee requests, the management still won't build one for us here. It's very frustrating to finish a 14-hour shift at 6am only to find my car has received a ticket from hospital security for taking up a patient-only space in an empty lot for a department that closed before my shift even started. Thoroughly ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Please stop spending money on expensive advertising campaigns or providing every inpatient pediatric room with the latest video game consoles and flat screen TV's. Especially when what we have desperately needed for the past decade or so is one or two parking structures like any other reasonably modern, self-respecting healthcare building. It's a shame to look across the street and see St. Vincent's empty parking garage for their lesser-quality healthcare and fewer employees, and compare it to our hyper-regulated, minimal access lots for Billings Clinic, which claims to be the best in everything EXCEPT listening to and meeting basic employee needs. I've frequently considered quitting over the unrealistic parking expectations, especially during the brutal Montana winter months when I was commuting over 45 mins each direction then still spent another 20-30 mins trying to find acceptable parking within a 15-min walking distance from the building.

3. "Dont work IT there"

Former Employee - PC Analyst in Billings, MT
    Former Employee - PC Analyst in Billings, MT

I worked at Billings Clinic full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people there are good people. The pay is pretty good but low for the industry. The other departments are filled with great people that I loved to work with.

Cons

Over worked and underpaid. When I first started there it was a great place to work but within a couple years they overloaded the entire IT group with many more users and areas of coverage but reduced the size of the group. We went from barely keeping our heads above water to drowning and getting yelled at for it.

4. "medical assistant"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Billings, MT
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Billings, MT

I have been working at Billings Clinic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Encourages continued education. Dedicated healthcare staff, coworkers are very dedicated to providing excellent health care to our patients,

Cons

Management is becoming more concerned with the bottom line and less about the staff that makes the clinic what it is, Lower than average wages.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff, if they are invested in the facility they will strive everyday to continue to provide top quality healthcare. if they do not feel appreciated and can not make a living they will move on to another healthcare provider who does appreciate them.

5. "Typical Corporate problems, Great Patients"

Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Billings, MT
    Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Billings, MT

I worked at Billings Clinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Emphasis on making each interaction with clients and coworkers pleasant. High quality Healthcare service for a large rural area of the country.

Cons

The usual corporate policies that are made to retain good employees sometimes backfire and retain horrible employees with little work ethic all while driving out the people who really do a great job.

Advice to Management

Look into job retention. I saw too many great employees turned off from working with lacking employees that were rarely disciplined and never let go (because apparently showing up is enough to be employed here).

"Medicare Claims Specialist/Billings Clinic"

Current Employee - Claims Specialist in Billings, MT
    Current Employee - Claims Specialist in Billings, MT

I have been working at Billings Clinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Billings Clinic offers excellent job opportunities and is an all around supportive company. The many programs they offer to employees such as tuition assistance, private counseling, and employee discount to multiple companies across Billings proves that this company cares. Billings Clinic is an innovative company and a leader in this nation's healthcare industry.

Cons

You have to use your own PTO for sick time but they don't allot you any PTO right off the bat to compensate for this so it can be hard to build up PTO if you (or your kids) are a typical person that comes down with the common cold every year.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Be flexible.

7. "Dissappointing"

Former Employee - Laboratory Technician in Billings, MT
    Former Employee - Laboratory Technician in Billings, MT

I worked at Billings Clinic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Doctors, Great care if you are a patient

Cons

Serious "that's not my job" culture, poor performers and problem employees are not disciplined, always a budget crisis even though the hospital is making money, my timecard was frequently incorrect even though we had an electronic system, when I resigned I did not receive my vacation buyout on my last check

Advice to Management

Get a clue. Management here has no clue what is going on even though their office is 10ft away.

8. "Good colleagues"

Current Employee - Hospitalist in Billings, MT
    Current Employee - Hospitalist in Billings, MT

I have been working at Billings Clinic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great colleagues to work with, doctor and nurses get along well, low physician turnover in the hospitalist department. Great place to live for families.

Cons

There isn't a lot of physicians in the management of the hospital, so doctor's voices do not often get heard. Very little upward mobility in the hospital. Little monetary and administrative support of the hospitalist department.

Advice to Management

None.

9. "Best in Region"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Billings, MT
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Billings, MT

I have been working at Billings Clinic full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work. Creating a culture of safety and value for the best patient care in the region.

Cons

Is physician lead but could use a little more physician accountability

Advice to Management

Continue to set the bar high for healthcare in our region. If physicians are employees they can be disciplined just like the rest of us.

10. "intern"

Former Employee - Intern in Billings, MT
    Former Employee - Intern in Billings, MT

Pros

great learning opportunity. learn tons of new skills I still use today

Cons

really there were no cons that i fond in the time I was there.