Billy Casper Golf Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Peter M. Hill

Pros
  • Great people to work with, as well as an enjoyable work environment (in 5 reviews)

• Meet great people who play at your course (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Horrible benefits, long hours (50 (in 5 reviews)

• low pay (minimum wage) even after working for many years, shifts are either 5:00 am-1:00 pm or 1:00 pm-9:00 pm (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great place to be!"

Current Employee - Golf Course Superintendent in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Golf Course Superintendent in New York, NY

I have been working at Billy Casper Golf full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Superintendents are treated with the respect they deserve. A solid management company with a great future.

Cons

Nothing of major importance. Pro and cons will vary based on the property you manage.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. "Golf Course Superintendent"

Current Employee - Golf Course Superintendent in Flanders, NJ
    Current Employee - Golf Course Superintendent in Flanders, NJ

I have been working at Billy Casper Golf full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

career opportunities, can relocate. great networking. problem solving. great upper management

Cons

Better/cheaper health care plan, no 401k matching opportunities, need to recognize Christmas and New Years Day even when they fall on Saturday or Sunday.

Advice to Management

we really don't need a company get together every year. make it every few years. make it regional so the travel is not a killer. I appreciate the gesture every year, but you can allocate those funds for management in different ways.

"Groundskeeper"

Current Employee - Groundskeeper in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Groundskeeper in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Billy Casper Golf full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None, really. Worked as a groundskeeper for other courses before, total experience 4-5 years. As a groundskeeper you have to be there 5-1pm which i've always liked. It's good honest work that I've enjoyed, but at this particular course that BCG picked up in Orlando they don't appreciate it and view you as cheap unskilled labor. All this from a soon to be former employee.

Cons

Low wage, no appreciation, old equipment, make you jump through hoops for a raise, negative management attitude. Sad to say they show a disgrace by continuing to use Billy Casper's name after his death

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees - not just the ones that brown-nose you. Invest more money in your courses, if you can't then maybe you shouldn't be a golf course management company.

5. "General Manager"

Current Employee - General Manager in Oxford, CT
    Current Employee - General Manager in Oxford, CT

I have been working at Billy Casper Golf full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is awesome to work for and has the most room for advancement for anyone looking to get into Golf Management (I would know I worked for KemperSports & ClubCorp previously before joining the HERD!) They are also the leading management company when it comes to using technology to advance the golf industry- from their internet based portal and business communications getting to the right person at the right time makes our lives at the course level so much easier.

Cons

With the constant attempts to be the first and build the strongest platform in golf there are some growing pains for the General Managers having to learn new systems frequently and at times can be overwhelming, but the growing pains are necessary to be the industry leader

Advice to Management

Stay true to the Vision and continue building the greatest platform in golf!

6. "General Manager"

Current Employee - General Manager in East Falmouth, MA
    Current Employee - General Manager in East Falmouth, MA

I have been working at Billy Casper Golf full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

BCG is the leader in golf course technology, marketing research, operational efficiencies, agronomic practices, environmental stewardship and client relations in the United States.

Cons

I can't think of anything except that I wish I played more golf. That is not the fault of BCG, it is just due to time constraints during a busy golf season.

Advice to Management

I have had the privilege of working for Billy Casper Golf for over 12 years!! I have been promoted several times within the company. I can attest that BCG is a great company to work for, not only as a PGA Golf Professional, but a business leader in my community. From the top of the company down, the culture of the company is of team and family. I am proud to be a member of the herd.

7. "Happy Work Life"

Current Employee - General Manager in Coram, NY
    Current Employee - General Manager in Coram, NY

I have been working at Billy Casper Golf full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Forward thinking
    Room to grow
    Educational opportunities
    Excellent resources

Cons

Only 3 paid holidays per year

Advice to Management

Keep the positive energy going

8. "Operations Manager"

Current Employee - Ops Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Ops Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Billy Casper Golf full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Rewarding work environment. Support from HQ and the genuine feeling that senior staff cares about field employees. Promotions are frequent and usually are from within the company. Salary on par or above other similar companies. Strong benefits package/excellent health insurance

Cons

Wish i played more golf

Advice to Management

Keep making smart decisions when it comes to growth and continue to invest in current employee training and development

Mar 10, 2017

We are beyond grateful for your decade of service to the Billy Casper Golf team! Increasing Training & Development opportunities for all of our employees remains a core HR objective. We hope ... More

9. "Great Work Culture"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Reston, VA

I have been working at Billy Casper Golf full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility, opportunities for growth, work culture

Cons

Better communication between departments and the field.

Advice to Management

This is a great company to start and grow your career with. They provide lots of learning/training opportunities while at the same time providing flexibility that allows for a healthy work life balance.

Mar 2, 2017

We appreciate all you do for BCG day-in and day-out to support our employees. Communication is a priority and something we are actively working on improving.

"Marketing Associate"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Reston, VA

I have been working at Billy Casper Golf full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free golf at all properties are great and the people you work with are fantastic. If it weren't for my teammates and people I work with, it would be very hard.

Cons

There is no path for advancement in the marketing department. The turnover rate is terrible too. They also do not give yearly bonuses or raises beyond 1% and it is hard to make a living off of the low salaries you are already given here. There are no opportunities for growth so the only way to move up is for you to leave. Management doesn't have your back either. It is also frowned upon to take a sick day and there is no trust at all.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your employees and take care of them - it goes as long way!

"Lies!"

Current Employee - Senior Level in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Level in Reston, VA

I have been working at Billy Casper Golf full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's the golf industry, should be fun!

Cons

In the interview, I was promised a lot to get me in the door. Come to find out, it's all smoke and mirrors. Life inside is a self-made crisis for no good reason. Pay, benefits=bad. They'll give you free food on Wednesdays... yay? Upper management doesn't plan, they just tell you to "do". You can't do your best work because everything you do is rushed.

Advice to Management

Take a look around! People are miserable because of they way they are treated, the lack of fair compensation. This is not how you inspire people.

Aug 15, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback. It can only help us improve our employment experience.