Billy Casper Golf Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Peter M. Hill

Pros
  • Great people to work with, as well as an enjoyable work environment (in 4 reviews)

• Pro shop guys were great at getting us a tee time even if it was busy (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Horrible benefits, long hours (50 (in 5 reviews)

• low pay (minimum wage) even after working for many years, shifts are either 5:00 am-1:00 pm or 1:00 pm-9:00 pm (in 4 reviews)

"Stay away!"

I worked at Billy Casper Golf full-time

Pros

None - seriously. None. Free golf? Great. If you're salaried they expect you to work 80 hour work weeks. Have fun trying to find time for golf.

Cons

Everything. Although if you work in the cushy ivory tower of the VSO office - then you should be good. Otherwise if you are out there on the front lines... be prepared to be taken advantage of. They try and sell you the company, the "opportunity for advancement", rah rah bull. Don't fall for it. It's a scam. Executives are so out of touch and senior management are basically worthless. Good luck. The company is losing contracts - but they won't share that. They pick up enough new business so no one notices. I see BCG heading in the way and enduring the same fate as American Golf one day.

Advice to Management

Quit giving people the kool-aid. Pay your people. What used to be a company that values their most important aspect no longer does. I can't imagine Mr. Casper would be proud of this empire that has been built on lies, and taking advantage of the people that work for them.

Feb 27, 2017

Your feedback can only help us improve and appreciate you sharing your experience. If you would be willing, I would welcome the opportunity to learn more. Please feel free to email me directly at ... More

2. "Great Company"

I have been working at Billy Casper Golf full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Family friendly
    Good people to work with
    Technology savvy

Cons

Golf business is tough
    Work expectations are high

Feb 27, 2017

Thank you for being part of our team!

"Are you reading these reviews management?"

I have been working at Billy Casper Golf full-time

Pros

Golf privileges are unlimited.

Cons

As so many have stated in their reviews the pay is awful...below average...in most cases minimum wage even for people who return year after year. Good employees with low moral is not a good combination.

Advice to Management

You really need to take a look at your pay scale and the people who actually care about doing their jobs. You charge top dollar for people to play your courses and put little if nothing back in. Hard work deserves good pay. It is not like you are overstaffed.

Feb 27, 2017

We do read these reviews and value your opinion. We are committed to improving our employee experience and would welcome a follow up conversation. Please contact me directly at ... More

5. "One of the worst golf management teams out there, especially in Cincinnati"

Pros

Can't think of any. The overall experience was painful. You won't learn anything and you'll be worked into the ground for peanuts.

Cons

Low salary requiring you to work 70+ hours a week. Management does not care about you. Cincinnati market is run by a group of 5 or so people who don't have a sense for the business and the top courses have been loosing business and cutting corners by screwing over the customer on a daily basis. Practices at these facilities are very illegal and they will close shortly because of it.

Advice to Management

Check under your noses, head pro may find some baggies on the course and give them to their outside employees/roommates

"Good for your first year out of college"

Former Employee - Payroll Administrator in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Payroll Administrator in Reston, VA

Pros

Fun environment for young people.

Cons

Doesn't pay well AT ALL.

Advice to Management

Pay people

Feb 27, 2017

Thank you for all of your contributions to BCG and sharing your thoughts. We are committed to enhancing our employee experience and this feedback will help us improve.

7. "Food and beverage manager"

I worked at Billy Casper Golf full-time

Pros

Friendly staff at the unit level

Cons

Compensation is far less than same job in the same industry. Unrealistic expectations from corporate.

"Public Relations"

I worked at Billy Casper Golf full-time

Pros

Great staff, hard working staff.

Cons

Terrible pay, horrible benefits, Management is terrible, huge levels of favoritism in the office, limits new ideas and creative thinking, management is scared of change and slow to adopt. Management over promises to clients then does not reward nor even acknowledge staff who work tremendously hard to meet unrealistic agendas.

Advice to Management

Take a look at top level management and deiced who actually deserves to be there. There are a lot of high-level people doing very little work and making far more money than your staff.

9. "Not bad for a summer job"

Pros

They try to keep the courses nice and the workers professional

Cons

Might be out of touch in some areas, but not too bad

Advice to Management

I liked the company

Feb 27, 2017

Thank you for being a member of our team and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

"Outlook"

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Golfing privileges is the only thing

Cons

They work you like a dog when salaried. 70 hour weeks

Advice to Management

Limit hours worked to 50 per week

"BCG in big trouble and getting worse"

Pros

Used to be a growing company that had opportunity and treated people reasonably well. No longer

Cons

Short sighted decisions instead of long term thinking comes back to hurt them in the long run. They live by monthly financials instead of working with experienced people to improve.

Advice to Management

Be more loyal to people that produce results for you year after year. Respect that when you move Senior people constantly you hurt their family and personal lives more than you know.

Feb 27, 2017

Thank you for providing us with an opportunity to learn from your experience. If you would be willing to share more, please feel free to contact me directly at treilly@billycaspergolf.com.