Bimbo Bakeries Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Fred Penny

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance does not exist (in 19 reviews)

• Upper management is so busy that there is no support (in 29 reviews)

1. "Bimbo Bakeries"

Current Employee - Market Sales Leader in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Market Sales Leader in New York, NY

I have been working at Bimbo Bakeries full-time

Pros

Everyone is extremely helpful. Onboarding / Training program isn't rushed and given plenty of time to get accustomed to job role. Mgmt is very hands on in early development and take the time ou of their schedules to assist. Good benefits.

Cons

Completely different world if coming from another field, but nothing that can't be learned quickly.

2. "AAA"

I worked at Bimbo Bakeries full-time

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Hours can be long and unpredictable

3. "Market Sales Leader - Maspeth"

Current Employee - Market Sales Leader in Maspeth, NY
    Current Employee - Market Sales Leader in Maspeth, NY

I have been working at Bimbo Bakeries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Culture
    Great Pay
    Great Leaders
    Great Team
    Company Car
    Iconic Brands
    This is a great company to work for and a great time to be apart of it . A truly amazing opportunity for anyone who is up to the challenge .The training , structure and technology is second to none .Compared to many other companies in the CPG industry the pay , perks and investment made into you is way above . From senior management to top directors , no one is ever too busy to teach or assist , everyone wants to win and we are all team players . Communication lines are wide open . The tools given and knowledge shared from management who actually know the business and know what they are talking about will put you on the fast path to succeed as well as further your career within this organization . The motto here is “continuous improvement” and that holds true everyday . The position comes with many responsibilities but forces you to think outside the box and to be a leader rather then an employee . I’d recommend this job to anyone who has a passion to learn and a passion to win .

Cons

Split days off can be tough if you have a family but the works days are broken up and they go fast .

4. "Great Place to Grow"

I have been working at Bimbo Bakeries full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Focus on people and development
    Results get you promoted but effort is also rewarded
    The pay in line with most competitors
    Incredible amount of independence

Cons

Work/life balance does not exist
    Takes time to adjust to the culture

Advice to Management

Always an opportunity to improve the way we communicate and manage people. We struggle to recognize good behaviors and celebrate the wins.

5. "Market Sales Leader"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Bimbo Bakeries full-time

Pros

You will be given all the tools you need to succeed at Bimbo. The management in the NYC sales center is dedicated to help you grow and do your best day in and day out. The mentor relationships you will be provided with are unparalleled. The job is tough but if you work hard and prioritize, the opportunities are endless. This company has helped me grow into the young professional I am today and i will forever be grateful for that!

Cons

Very busy and a lot of parts moving but the company just restructured the way they go to business to make everyone’s jobs easier and more efficient so give them some time and this will be a well oiled machine.

6. "Decent place to work"

I have been working at Bimbo Bakeries part-time

Pros

Good pay, room for advancement

Cons

Split weekends, very little work/home life balance

7. "Marketing"

I worked at Bimbo Bakeries full-time

Pros

Free baked goods. Got to try items before they hit the market

Cons

typical office environment. Everyone is miserable and working in their cubes.

8. "Route sales"

Former Employee - Route Salesman in York, PA
    Former Employee - Route Salesman in York, PA

I worked at Bimbo Bakeries full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Pay & benefits are extremely good.

Cons

Long working hours, The hours you work, Never two days off, Union, out in all weather.

Advice to Management

Better management of time for employee, Continual on job training
    Open lines of communication.

"Market Sales Leader"

Former Employee - Market Sales Leader in Maspeth, NY
    Former Employee - Market Sales Leader in Maspeth, NY

I worked at Bimbo Bakeries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company car, gas card. Good benefits. You get to say you have a job. You get to go to an office.

Cons

Role is convoluted. You have no control over route sales reps because they dont use the software that managers use to control daily responsibilities. Instead of managing, your just packing shelves and rearranging. The training is non existent and they just throw you in a territory and expect you to have immediate impact. Upper management is so busy that there is no support. The software used is extremely confusing and they dont train you on it effectively. The RSRs wont listen. They train you on safety and waste your time doing that when you should be learning product line and strategy to effectively impact your territory. Unless your in the industry already, stay away. Your not a real manager.

Advice to Management

Learn how to effectively train your employees. And get RSRs to listen to managers. Also, take some accountability and treat employees better. Train on product line, then software, then communication with RSR, then supermarket managers.

10. "Desperate"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Pico Rivera, CA
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Pico Rivera, CA

I have been working at Bimbo Bakeries part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

nothing is pro in this company, since they bought sara lee, more people went on call or part time. no secure in this company, I got 10 years working for this company and still part time, and they still slicing the work, because they do not like union, so all management are from sara lee, anti-union bosses.

Cons

evething is cons. unless you have 20 or more years working here, you can say that you have a job, otherwise, is unsecure, pay is good but with a day or two days working a week is not enough, and every day is worst, I am telling this after 10 years of service. That's all I work from a couple years to date, sometimes 3 or 4 days but not always, is so sad to work for a company like this one.

Advice to Management

they got be more proactive creating routes or positions, instead of cutting jobs.